• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Super Craig

Oct 27, 2017
Corbyn will be seen by many as an ineffective brexit lover who did nothing to stop it from happening.

Just look at PMQs, I would hear him lay into the Tories every time about all manner of issues (NHS, Crime, Immigration, bigotry, education and even Brexit) and yet all I would ever see from his haters was "Cobyn is useless, he should be pointing this stuff out".

He will be known for the narrative that surrounded him, rather than the actual truth of the matter in which case he was normally doing exactly what people were asking for but because the news/papers didnt cover it, they didnt see it and so assumed it didnt exist.
He isn't/wasn't a Brexit lover. He just thought that the result of the referendum should have been honoured. If he had stuck to his guns then Boris might not be PM now.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Corbyn will be seen by many as an ineffective brexit lover who did nothing to stop it from happening.

Just look at PMQs, I would hear him lay into the Tories every time about all manner of issues (NHS, Crime, Immigration, bigotry, education and even Brexit) and yet all I would ever see from his haters was "Cobyn is useless, he should be pointing this stuff out".

He will be known for the narrative that surrounded him, rather than the actual truth of the matter in which case he was normally doing exactly what people were asking for but because the news/papers didnt cover it, they didnt see it and so assumed it didnt exist.

He was hit and miss at PMQs, nowhere near as bad as people made out and often had the better of the PM, nobody really cared about it though and he did miss a few open goals in his time.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
He isn't/wasn't a Brexit lover. He just thought that the result of the referendum should have been honoured. If he had stuck to his guns then Boris might not be PM now.
Im not disagreeing with you, im just merely stating how people will view him down the line.
He was hit and miss at PMQs, nowhere near as bad as people made out and often had the better of the PM, nobody really cared about it though and he did miss a few open goals in his time.
In the grand scheme of things he was as good as could be expected, he routinely called out the government over a multitude of issues but because of the world we live in now, it doesnt matter how good your criticisms are, if the Gov can just laugh at you, ignore the point and go off on some tangent that amounts to "We have done a great job, here is some meaningless stats that sound good but dont provide the whole picture" and be declared the winner each time, how exactly are you meant to be seen as great?

With the media propping them up, the tories wont have to face real criticism or scrutiny from anyone.

Deleted member 31104

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017

His main issue at PMQ's was his use of follow up questions. There are two functions of PMQ's these days: one is to get facebook/twitter clip fodder and the other traditional one is to gee up your MP's. Corbyn rarely stuck on a subject for 6 questions to drive home an advantage which is the sort of thing which works well in the chamber but he did get a lot of facebook fodder by constantly varying his topics.

GrizzleBoy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Farage just got called a stupid wanker on his radio show 😂
Also heard on Farages LBC show that one of the Jamaican deportees was an army vet who served in the middle east for six years and who would've automatically become a UK citizen if he didnt have to leave the army due to having PTSD.

The caller said he was jailed for stabbing someone who was attacking him.with a hammer though (cant really say here or there about that tbh).

However, I suppose "Army vet who fought to protect UK citizens, was discharged due to PTSD and (supposedly) stabbed someone in self defense" doesnt have the same red meat ring to it.

I have a feeling that many who have been persuaded that none of these people due to be deported should be shown the same amount of humanity as someone with a british passport, would maybe sit back and reevaluate the path they're being led down by this purposeful narrative if they were told the full details of every single detainee.

Which is probably why Farage decided that was the moment to start talking about something else after kissing Bojos ass for.half an hour.

RellikSK

Nov 1, 2017
Labour Leader debate on BBC2.

edit: some thoughts

None of them put their foot in their mouth.
Keir did a pretty good job talking about the conditions in which he would use military force. Also did a good job defending migrants by linking it to his recent exp at the hospital. Also made a clear commitment on anti-semetism saying he will lead from the top and have cases on his desk weekly if he has to. Do think he needs to work on his talking style abit, seems wooden at times to me.
Lisa was very very good on the Trans topic and the anti-semitism topic. Out of everyone I do think she understands the true scale of the mountain Labour has to climb.
Emily was overall really good as well, came across as passionate. She was right in saying that calling the election was a mistake. Made it clear she you can be against Netenyahu and not be an anti-semite.
Rebecca was overall good as well but didn't stand out imo, she also showed a bit of weakness in the anti-semetism segment because she was so tied to Corbyn and didn't speak out in the past.

Last edited:

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...k-home-office-passport-brussels-a9332311.html

Meanwhile, having a British passport is no defence if the scum decide to revoke it.
That case is so messed up, on so may points. Even if the data was wrong, and he was born in Albania, how would that justify creating a literally stateless person, thus breaking international law. How can this procedure even go along without having to inform, and get a notice from the person involved. Is England not capable of having official letters delivered safely by mail, requiring identification and presumably ensuring that the sender (the Home Office) is informed that it wasn't sent to the right place? Even if we ignore the whole insanity regarding citizenship alone, how can they deny him entry when he's been living there for 20 years, maybe even owns property there. Denying him entry seems to violate all kinds of human rights, just on its own.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
One staffer at the Northern Ireland Office in Belfast said colleagues had been crossing fingers - literally - for Smith to be kept on as secretary of state, saying he was the most engaged, competent boss they had had in a long time, I'm told.

Can't be having any of that.

Also Boris "not" knowing who paid for his £15,000 holiday is peak fucking tory, how can you put the wrong donor down for disclosure.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Someone Russian...

Sacking a lot of ministers today. Can't say I will shed a tear for McVey, Leadsome.

Apparently Smith getting sacked isn't going down well, people actually liked him and did a good job in NI.

The replacements will be interesting, imagine it's slim pickings of awful people but loyal to the mop.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
One staffer at the Northern Ireland Office in Belfast said colleagues had been crossing fingers - literally - for Smith to be kept on as secretary of state, saying he was the most engaged, competent boss they had had in a long time, I'm told.

Also Boris "not" knowing who paid for his £15,000 holiday is peak fucking tory, how can you put the wrong donor down for disclosure.

Competency and engagement with the actual people you're impacting? Can't be having any of that.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Someone Russian...

Sacking a lot of ministers today. Can't say I will shed a tear for McVey, Leadsome.

Apparently Smith getting sacked isn't going down well, people actually liked him and did a good job in NI.

The replacements will be interesting, imagine it's slim pickings of awful people but loyal to the mop.

Yeah, there's some lovely poison of the bitter variety going to the backbenches, hopefully they start sniping later on.

kharma45

Oct 26, 2017

he was the best SOS for NI we've had in a long, long time so of course he gets sacked. He honestly seemed to care about the role. Wasn't afraid to take a hard stance when needed, and properly engaged with victims of historical abuse.

will be greatly missed. Shitshow of a decision. Tenner says Johnny Mercer replaces him, fuck sake.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Competency and engagement with the actual people you're impacting? Can't be having any of that.

Yeah, it seems to be something to do with the veterans and historical abuses, which makes it even worse in my mind.
But it's not easy to work out when someone gets fired for being good at something.

^ ah Kharma45 mentions it as well, so it's probably true then.

kharma45

Oct 26, 2017
Worth reading the replies to Smith's tweet, speaks volumes to see a politician have such warm sentiments passed his way

twitter.com

Julian Smith MP on Twitter

“Serving the people of Northern Ireland has been the biggest privilege. I am extremely grateful to @BorisJohnson for giving me the chance to serve this amazing part of our country. The warmth & support from people across NI has been incredible. Thank you so much.”

Doubt many other ministers would have such a warm goodbye.

kharma45

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, it seems to be something to do with the veterans and historical abuses, which makes it even worse in my mind.
But it's not easy to work out when someone gets fired for being good at something.

^ ah Kharma45 mentions it as well, so it's probably true then.

we've had a string of SOSs who were at best indifferent, at worst incompetent. the government sent someone (likely accidentally) that was actually interested in NI, the people and who didnt buy into the whole "witch hunt of our boys" mantra that's bandied around for soldiers who shot unarmed civilians in the back. Which is exactly why he got the boot. It didnt fit the gov narrative to suggest soldiers needed to be held to account.

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018

He dared say something accurate. Maybe he should have copied Johnson and gaslit people over frictionless trade in contradiction to the literal words written in the deal.

Worth reading the replies to Smith's tweet, speaks volumes to see a politician have such warm sentiments passed his way

I've literally never seen it before.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
From the Guardian.

New N.I minister possibly.

Brandon Lewis is currently security minister. But Tory sources were hinting earlier this week that he would be penalised because of his decision, when he was Conservative chairman, to hold an investigation into Johnson's comment about women in Islamic dress looking like "letterboxes" (an inquiry that saw him subsequently cleared of being Islamophobic). It has also been claimed that he fell out with Carrie Symonds, the PM's partner, when he was chairman and she was head of the press office at CCHQ.

It is not unusual for prime minister's to treat the Northern Ireland Office as a ministerial version of the doghouse - somewhere to send people deemed out of favour. But, for obvious reasons, treating the post in this manner infuriates politicians from all parties at Stormont.

lol, what a cunt, i'm not sure if i believe the reason, though it's hard when it's Boris.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
This seems like it has a capacity to backfire - I get the sense Tory backbenchers don't like Cummings to a large extent and this will just inflame things.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
That's how you plant the seeds of your future destruction. nice.
Sunak has no self respect, the joint pool of advisors with No10 means he's on a leash.

rabathehutch

Nov 1, 2017
This seems pretty huge. Javid was a large part of the Johnson future. When was the Brexit budget planned? It was soon wasn't it?

Zaph

Oct 25, 2017
Boris is notoriously lazy and Cummings provides him with a daily abridged leadership guide. He's riding until the wheels fall off.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
A spokesperson/source for Javid said the following:

[Javid] has turned down the job of chancellor of the exchequer.

The prime minister said he had to fire all his special advisers and replace them with Number 10 special advisers to make it one team.

The chancellor said no self-respecting minister would accept those terms.

That's a fucking hit right there.

Oct 28, 2017
The wheels flew off the Tory party ages ago. This is just the bottom of the minecart finally scraping out and giving way to the need to go full Flintstones to keep any pace.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
And this is just the start of this premiership. What sweet farces shall the next five years bring?

Atrophis

Oct 25, 2017
The Tory party remain strong and stable.

Looking forward to the "Stalinist Purge" headlines tomorrow. Oh, who am I kidding?