• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tbf - I've seen a lot of arguments that HS2 it something similar is really needed to solve capacity issues around the railway.

And if you're building more capacity, why not make it high-speed and ensure other lines can be dedicated to local services.

They really should have started up North and connected Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, other places first so we have a powerful hub across the country and capacity could be solved to some degree without HS2 really. It's just a London black hole and vanity project as always.

If you're following that level up garbage they spew, London doesn't need leveled up so fuck HS2 until you sort out the rest of the country and make those areas powerhouses, oh but that would take away from London.....oh.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nigel Farage has just unveiled a portrait of himself entitled "Mr Brexit". Jim Davidson is now giving a speech to mark the occasion. Happy Brexit everyone

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017

Scottish%20referendum%20circumstances-01.png

Interesting stuff here. The more the years go on after this shit fest, the more desire for indy we'll have.

Garfield

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
remember when Costa Del Sol was the British crime capital to flee to, well step up Germany

Germany won't extradite its citizens to the UK
It won't be possible for some suspected criminals to be brought back to the UK if they flee to Germany.

Germany's constitution does not allow its citizens to be extradited, unless it's to another EU country.

"This exception cannot apply anymore after the UK has left EU," a spokesman from the German Federal Ministry of Justice told BBC News.

It's unclear if the same restrictions will apply to other countries. Slovenia, for example, says the situation is complicated, while the European Commission was unable to provide comment.

The UK Home Office says the European Arrest Warrant will continue to apply during the transition period. (That means Germany will be able to extradite non-German citizens.)

However, it adds that if a country's laws prevent extradition to the UK it "will be expected to take over the trial or sentence of the person concerned".

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
remember when Costa Del Sol was the British crime capital to flee to, well step up Germany

Germany won't extradite its citizens to the UK
It won't be possible for some suspected criminals to be brought back to the UK if they flee to Germany.

Germany's constitution does not allow its citizens to be extradited, unless it's to another EU country.

"This exception cannot apply anymore after the UK has left EU," a spokesman from the German Federal Ministry of Justice told BBC News.

It's unclear if the same restrictions will apply to other countries. Slovenia, for example, says the situation is complicated, while the European Commission was unable to provide comment.

The UK Home Office says the European Arrest Warrant will continue to apply during the transition period. (That means Germany will be able to extradite non-German citizens.)

However, it adds that if a country's laws prevent extradition to the UK it "will be expected to take over the trial or sentence of the person concerned".
You make it sound like this is a bad thing.
It's fantastic that Germany doesn't extradite it's citizens to some banana republic.

CampFreddie

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017
Also, Germany will continue to extradite non-German nationals. Their constitution only protects Germans. I don't see them giving citizenship to British crimelords.

Atrophis

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to the smug posts and tweets saying that remoaners were wrong about Brexit when the country hasn't collapsed tomorrow. Despite nothing changing until 1st January 2021.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
What's the chances of the Withdrawal Period just being pushed back indefinitely?

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Boris says he won't but he has the power to extend it if he wants. EU would agree probably.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Boris says he won't but he has the power to extend it if he wants. EU would agree probably.

Everything is a performance with Boris, if it happens there will be lots of drama and bullshit at the last moment. Enough steam has been let off that he could probably get away with it and make it look like another of his victories*

*retreat

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's a stupid time scale anyway, puts us in a corner but I don't know if that's actually deliberate and Boris wants the deal to fail so we get the hard Brexit.

FliX

Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
What's the chances of the Withdrawal Period just being pushed back indefinitely?
Indefinitely seems really unlikely.
An additional extension could happen I guess, but we would have to see what happens between now and late autumn I guess.
By the looks of it there will be literally no more public scrutiny or interest in the matter. So it could well be that The Johnson government just does whatever the hell it is they feel like at any given time...

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
An additional extension could happen I guess, but we would have to see what happens between now and late autumn I guess.
By the looks of it there will be literally no more public scrutiny or interest in the matter. So it could well be that The Johnson government just does whatever the hell it is they feel like at any given time...

That's how i see it, we have already left looking at most people, in a years time people will have moved even further on mentally.

FliX

Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
UK PoliEra, I propose we ban the use of "Boris". He is not endearing or our lovable buffoon and supporting that view by using his first name is doing everyone a disservice. I know we have all been guilty of it in the past and the entire press corp is complicit. We should make a concerted and very conscious effort to not give him the satisfaction that his stick is working.

Possible alternatives:
The Johnson Government
The Flacid Johnson
Rt. Hon. Johnson
Johnson McJohnsonface
The PM
Cumming's Plaything

basically anything except his first name.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
UK PoliEra, I propose we ban the use of "Boris". He is not endearing or our lovable buffoon and supporting that view by using his first name is doing everyone a disservice. I know we have all been guilty of it in the past and the entire press corp is complicit. We should make a concerted and very conscious effort to not give him the satisfaction that his stick is working.

Possible alternatives:
The Johnson Government
The Flacid Johnson
Rt. Hon. Johnson
Johnson McJohnsonface
The PM
Cumming's Plaything

BJ Cummings?

Oct 31, 2017

Possible alternatives:
The Johnson Government
The Flacid Johnson
Rt. Hon. Johnson
Johnson McJohnsonface
The PM
Cumming's Plaything

The streak of shit on the toilet bowl of state? Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, but I feel it has the virtue of accuracy.

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
let's just call him Kemal. Because, like the Royal Family, they've Anglicised themselves for the benefit of the populace...

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
What a dark day.

I hope to one day celebrate the UK rejoining the EU. Until then, I think I'm about done with the country I was born in. I wish everyone the best, and I acknowledge how privileged I am to be able to turn my back, but there's a fight still to be had here in the US, and it needs my energies.

I hope for the best for all of you. I really do. I know you're living through shit you didn't cause and can't ignore.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017

...Is it weird that I just look at this and see a fucking roleplayer?

Because that's what this is, frankly, for a lot of these people. It's a roleplaying fantasy, where they and their nation is great for acts of jingoism than by doing anything substantive to actually improve lives.

Achire

Oct 27, 2017
The transition period can be extended by up to two years. However, any extension will need to be agreed by 1st of July. I think it's incredibly unlikely Johnson would agree to that especially with the cliff edge still 6 months away.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
We're all (mostly) British in here, any particular reason we can't just call him a cunt (or the cunt)? Not specific enough?

CD_93

Dec 12, 2017
Lancashire, United Kingdom

One of RLBs biggest problem is one of Corbyn's. Repeating stock phrases which most people in the country won't understand even if the core idea is decent.

People want to hear about the funding for their schools in basic terms. They don't want to hear about Industrial Strategy.

Starmer repeating some if the points I heard when he made when he came to Blackburn this week. People want clarity, and if Labour gain power their policies and programmes need to be embedded in a way the Tories can't just undo them on Day 1 in a future power shift.

Heartening how much Starmer and Nandy support eachother. They would be a good team.

Last edited: