• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zaph

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, lets just ignore coffee shops are one of the few positive businesses that helped high streets through utter decimation. Or would he prefer even more bookies, fried food, tanning beds and vape shops?

Ando

Apr 21, 2018
welsh labour mp's and pretending coffee is an exotic drink exclusively consumed by the over-privileged....name a more iconic duo

(owen smith once pretended not to know what a cappuccino was in the 2016 labour leadership election)

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Has Kinnock had a mental breakdown or something?, he does know he's married to a former European leader and he doesn't live in a mineshaft.

I'm trying to avoid reading anything he has to say, but it's starting to get interesting.

Deleted member 835

User requested account deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was a combination of both and whoever is the next leader would do well to recognise that Labour need to build bridges with the media.

Blair won centre-right votes, dominated the centre ground and hoovered up votes on the left. He was in power for 10 years because he was deemed credible enough on the economy by Tory voters and progressive enough by much of the left.

The media is a tool. Labour need to remember that.
No Blair mk2 thanks.

kradical

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Current Labour leader betting odds (top 10)

RLB 13/8
Keir Starmer 2/1
Lisa Nandy 4/1
Jess Phillips 12/1
Yvette Cooper 12/1
Emily Thornberry 20/1
Clive Lewis 25/1
Angela Rayner 40/1
Dan Jarvis 50/1
David Lammy 66/1

My early personal preference would be

1. Lewis
2. Rayner
3. RLB
4. Starmer
5. Thornberry
6. Lammy
7. Cooper
8. Jarvis
9. Nandy
10. Phillips

Deleted member 835

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Current Labour leader betting odds (top 10)

RLB 13/8
Keir Starmer 2/1
Lisa Nandy 4/1
Jess Phillips 12/1
Yvette Cooper 12/1
Emily Thornberry 20/1
Clive Lewis 25/1
Angela Rayner 40/1
Dan Jarvis 50/1
David Lammy 66/1

My early personal preference would be

1. Lewis
2. Rayner
3. RLB
4. Starmer
5. Thornberry
6. Lammy
7. Cooper
8. Jarvis
9. Nandy
10. Phillips
Phillips should be wiped off the list ha

Deleted member 34788

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
In another way, the deadline could see the government accepting any old trade deal just to say we kept to the deadline. There's no-one to tell the government "no" any more.

EU is already anticipating that, hence the move to bung off big parts of the deal after the transition period is finished.

It's going to be a wafer thin deal that likely damages England years down the line for a good few decades. Itll boost the break up of the uk, that's for sure.

Cummings will accept it to give bojo the bullshit lie that brexit is done by December next year whilst years and years of negotiations continue in the background.

Just about averts no deal but not the damage a wafer thin deal will inflict. Tories dont want a repeat of the poll tax riots.

Deleted member 835

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It might be a learning experience for her, I don't know she might come out the other side different if she gets challenged on stuff during the race. It might be a complete car crash as well but that might be good in its own way as well.
Sadly she is ignoring it, only tweeting people that are dunking on black women calling her out.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
If Jess Phillips gets even a tiny bit close to being leader then labour are more fucked than I thought.

She's garbage, unfortunately she was smart enough to not fuck off to the lib dems with her pals.

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019

Labour and Tories voted against it. Our parliament uses proportional representation.

I'll never vote for Labour again.

Deleted member 34788

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Jess Phillips will be CHUCKAAAAA part deux.

Big amounts of media attention and predictions of how she will walk it only to flop, and flop hard on the big stage. She is going to get a large, cold dose of reality when she is outside of her bubble.

She should angle a position in the SC, going for leader will kill.her career. The membership will eat her alive.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
thank god he's a one nation tory leading a government for the working class.
Or things might be getting tricky.

ronpontelle

Oct 27, 2017
So Zac Goldsmith's peerage has been confirmed.

Lovely stuff. Even a lot of the Mail lot are pissed, although many are their usual twattish selves. "Thoroughly well deserved - Sir Zac Goldsmith - has a nice ring to it".

Amazing how nothing you say or do actually matters anymore.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London

kradical

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like the stuff about electoral reform, not sure about party democracy stuff, i would want the electoral reform first because then there would be a pressure valve to allow realignment. he's middle of the pack so far, but it's just an opening pitch and he can put more policy ideas forward later.

Party democracy stuff (open selection/mandatory reselection) is going to be very appealing to lots on the left who were disappointed this was an area Corbyn never fully pulled the trigger on. Obviously the electorate as a whole doesn't really care about stuff like that, but it's a smart pitch to get momentum types on board for a leadership race.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I like the stuff about electoral reform, not sure about party democracy stuff, i would want the electoral reform first because then there would be a pressure valve to allow realignment. he's middle of the pack so far, but it's just an opening pitch and he can put more policy ideas forward later.
Proportional representation is a must if the UK hopes to survive.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Party democracy stuff (open selection/mandatory reselection) is going to be very appealing to lots on the left who were disappointed this was an area Corbyn never fully pulled the trigger on. Obviously the electorate as a whole doesn't really care about stuff like that, but it's a smart pitch to get momentum types on board for a leadership race.

I really like it but it's the left, we will end up fighting with nowhere to go, if you had electoral reform first then i just think it would be healthier, the party feels like a prison sometimes full of people who hate each other, but won't let go.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That and photo IDs, it's terribly suspect. Is there even much voter fraud to worry about, isn't it like a few convictions in decades or something insane. Secrets act too, all seems like a very suspect recipe to control power and stop anyone who dares to speak the truth about corruption etc. What russian interference....voter fraud is destroying democracy. I suppose as usual people will fall for it and the hellscape continues.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
That and photo IDs, it's terribly suspect. Is there even much voter fraud to worry about, isn't it like a few convictions in decades or something insane. Secrets act too, all seems like a very suspect recipe to control power and stop anyone who dares to speak the truth about corruption etc. What russian interference....voter fraud is destroying democracy. I suppose as usual people will fall for it and the hellscape continues.

At least we haven't heard anymore about making discussions of tactical voting an issue, that was some weird shit.

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
There is no semblance of even a slight voter fraud problem in the UK. It is entirely voter suppression but the media will make it seem like voter fraud is a big issue so people will think it's necessary.

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
if only we could have forseen this

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
I think I'm at the stage of do whatever it takes to kick the fuckers out, if it means only having one policy of voting reform and temp pact I would go for it.

I don't think I could stand 10 years where we finally learn we might never get back in without it. If Clive Lewis ends up being the only one who talks about this stuff then he's going to be hard to say no to.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
When they say 10 year plan but they are in for five years, already spreading the narrative to give them another five for sunshine and roses, pinky promise, lets hope people aren't that stupid and the media holds them to accoun...hahahahahahahahahahaha.

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
Having done a bit of reading, Clive Lewis seems like a pretty good candidate. If he's for electoral reform more's the better.

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017

Black people warned you....

giphy.gif

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
The only thing I'm truly looking forward politically in the next year is Jess Philips crashing and burning in the labour leadership election.