• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
UK Era can testify to many of our politicians and journalists repeatedly saying that the UK is not a racist country.

It is very much racist, its just much more covert here.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User banned (1 week): off-topic derail of a sensitive thread
I for one am very disappointed the british police don't look like this

mens-british-bobby-costume.jpg

Stop trying to copy America

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I for one am very disappointed the british police don't look like this

mens-british-bobby-costume.jpg

Stop trying to copy America

They've not actually had the old school helmets up here in Scotland since WW2. I remember someone visiting here and being disappointed by that, lol.

Wait, why is he wearing a monocle? Is this some sort of strangely specific fetish?

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
"Jumping on the bandwagon" ?!?! Fucking hell... How ignorant of the issues can you be? UK cops are so much better than their US counterparts, and I do believe that there are good ones (which I'm not sure I believe about the US cops)..... But we've got a LOOOOOONG way to go before I can fully support the UK cops.

Last edited:

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Despite the shittyness of it, it still seem extremely polite compared to what would happen in the same situation in the US. The miracles of the accent.

But yeah, that's clearly wrong. Cops are shit everywhere.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They've not actually had the old school helmets up here in Scotland since WW2. I remember someone visiting here and being disappointed by that, lol.

Wait, why is he wearing a monocle? Is this some sort of strangely specific fetish?
idk but I still like my image of british police to be silly men chasing robbers with batons.

25404a37a21c6945514483bbf60cd0d4.gif

Puroresu_kid

Oct 28, 2017
No surprise.

The first response should be "am I being detained?" answer is no then tell them to do one.

You don't need to tell or show the police any identification. Don't give them the time of day with their BS.

Quade

Mar 8, 2019
To all of the people thinking it wasn't as bad in multicultural U.K - it's tearing our country apart.

McEwan

Jan 30, 2020
I was working reception at an office once and the cops turned up and asked for us to hand over CCTV tapes. I replied certainly - I presume you have the paperwork and warrant?

They were not pleased by my following the law.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
They're so badly trained. They fucked up every opportunity to deescalate the situation and actually made it worse at several points.
I guess that's what happens when your caught lying and are immediately on the back hop.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You only have to look at Stop & Frisk or more recently the disproportionate amount of BAME people being fined for breaking lockdown to know that Britain definitely isn't free of racism, especially in the police/courts.

killuglypop

Jan 9, 2020
Apalling. The youtube alogorithm has been throwing me videos of JME getting pulled over for absolutely no reason. Some of those vids were ten years old, clearly nothing has changed. ACAB forever