• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK

www.bbc.co.uk

Krispy Kreme price swap PC sacked for gross misconduct

A PC has been sacked for gross misconduct for switching the price of doughnuts to seven pence.
A police officer accused of trying to buy a £9.95 box of doughnuts for seven pence by sticking on a cheaper barcode has been sacked for gross misconduct.

PC Simon Read, from Cambridgeshire Police, was found to have switched the price for the cakes at a Wisbech supermarket on 10 February. A misconduct hearing found he had breached professional standards of honesty and integrity. PC Read, who had denied the charges, was dismissed without notice.

After the ruling the Jane Gyford, deputy Chief Constable of Cambridgeshire Police, said: "The public should be able to trust that police officers in their duty will act with honesty and integrity at all times.

"I hope this outcome offers reassurance to our communities that our officers and staff will be held to account for their actions."

You may not like it, but this is what peak police accountability looks like.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Mistake was not killing the donut clerk.... cops only get fired for serious misconduct like violating the liberties of corporate property

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
Good. If he was willing to do this, then he'd have been willing to do all sorts of other shit.

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good. If he was willing to do this, then he'd have been willing to do all sorts of other shit.

Haha I dunno. We love to do petty shit in the UK. Try and get out of fair parking fines, claim duck houses on our expenses for bants, alert other drivers to speed detector vans, nick shampoos from hotels and pens at the bookies/argos, and try and get away with paying for overpriced doughnuts for the sheer principle of it. Even the coppers! (Slightly) fuck the system.

Last edited:

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Haha I dunno. We love to do Petty shit in the UK. Try and get out of fair parking fines, claim duck houses on our expenses for bants, alert other drivers to speed detector vans, nick shampoos from hotels and pens at the bookies/argos, and try and get away with paying for overpriced doughnuts for the sheer principle of it. Even the coppers! (Slightly) fuck the system.

It's your fault Argos swapped to Pencils!

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
Haha I dunno. We love to do Petty shit in the UK. Try and get out of fair parking fines, claim duck houses on our expenses for bants, alert other drivers to speed detector vans, nick shampoos from hotels and pens at the bookies/argos, and try and get away with paying for overpriced doughnuts for the sheer principle of it. Even the coppers! (Slightly) fuck the system.
Fuck your duck moat Tory boy!

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
giphy.webp

B_Spooky13

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
I'm sorry if this dumb but what is the price difference in U.S. money terms?

But yeah like this is what gets a cop fired for breaking the law?