• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
This game is the true definition of evergreen. It seems that everyone who buys a Switch buys it and more and more people are buying Switches.

OP
OP

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017

Even better than the pie chart

mario_kart_sales_releative_to_platform.jpg

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Wonder if that's the case in other territories. If not, then what incentive does Nintendo have to make/release MK9?

Layell

One Winged Slayer
Apr 16, 2018
Posters on era still think a sequel on switch is happening too.

Yan

Oct 29, 2017
I don't get it though, the driving physics are not fun. Racing just doesn't feel good.

Juryvicious

Oct 28, 2017
These types of sales are simply outrageous, and mostly?, completely unheard of. Out-selling its previous year, 3 years in a row, is absurd.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
As foolish as it is to hope it would be super cool if they made some kind of additional MK8 expansion to boost the game's long term value a bit.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
I don't get it though, the driving physics are not fun. Racing just doesn't feel right.
not much to get, this is clearly a minority opinion and the game has a wide appeal just the way that it is

nintendo cracked a formula that appeals to a large core audience in addition to kids and families and now they're raking it in with a single title

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
truly impressive, specially since it's still selling at full price

and some people wonder where MK9 is, lol

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Everyone fucking loves Mario Kart

And some people want the branding to change to something corny like Smash Kart lmao

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think it actually means we'll get a Mario Kart 9 when the Switch's successor launches and they want to sell new hardware. I agree it's not coming to Switch though.
Why though? They can just port MK8 there too. GTAV is going to be on 3 gens in a row, so why wouldn't Nintendo just do the same?

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
I could never really "love" MK8D for some reason - I miss the Wiii tracks and the high gloss/futuristic production kinda puts me off

Oct 20, 2018
Brazil
Happy for Nintendo but also bummed it's still doing so well cause I could really use a new Mario Kart by now, already played 8 on Wii U ages ago. At least give me more tracks so I have a reason to double dip y'know...

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
It's really nice but i also hate that it sells so well, i don't see a MK9 coming anytime soon... i would be fine if they added new tracks via DLC, but nope, nothing

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why though? They can just port MK8 there too. GTAV is going to be on 3 gens in a row, so why wouldn't Nintendo just do the same?
it's a bit different. MK8 initially launched on wii u, and while it did respectable numbers there, the platform itself was a huge flop so the game never reached it's potential. most of the people buying mk8 on switch never had a wii u or played the game on there. with a successor, that won't be the case since switch is such a huge platform, and the successor is likely to have BC and play switch games anyway. they're gonna release MK9 both to move hardware (MK is likely the biggest hardware seller nintendo has), and for MK fans to finally get a new game.

GTAV continues to sell this well mostly because of GTA online, and that's only getting updates on current gen platforms. people had to move on.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
We will probably have to wait 10 years for a new Mario Kart. :(

Hermii

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone fucking loves Mario Kart

And some people want the branding to change to something corny like Smash Kart lmao
They could still name it MK, but I believe the smash route is the way to go for the series. Especially because they tested the waters with 8 dlc.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What makes you think that? Nintendo constantly re-release their stuff, and people keep buying it.

Nintendo re-releases stuff that didn't sell on Wii U to a new audience, which is like selling them a brand new game they didn't purchase before. MK8D will have sold several dozens of millions units by the times we're on the next console, so it's not the same situation.