• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Dec 2, 2017
A major incident has been declared in Bournemouth after thousands of people descended on the area's beaches as temperatures soared.

Council leaders say the numbers of people flooding the seaside in the last two days are "like those seen on a bank holiday".

Bournemouth Council said people had "defied advice to stay away" and left services struggling to cope.

news.sky.com

Major incident declared in Bournemouth as thousands of people flock to beaches

The council says it is "absolutely appalled" at the scenes, after a local MP said the crowds were the worst he has seen.

Tl:dr people have decided they're bored of lockdown and want to have fun regardless of covid.

Memento Mori

Oct 26, 2017

The great British public defecating in burger boxes on a crowded beach in the middle of a global pandemic.

Oct 27, 2017
news.sky.com

Major incident declared in Bournemouth as thousands of people flock to beaches

The council says it is "absolutely appalled" at the scenes, after a local MP said the crowds were the worst he has seen.

Tl:dr people have decided they're bored of lockdown and want to have fun regardless of covid.

As a Florida-Man, I send my sympathies. The next move will be to analyse still images and drone footage to prove that the sweaty, heaving mass of humanity wallowing in your beaches were, in fact, practicing social distancing

Cronen

Oct 27, 2017
This was the beach yesterday:

EbS01HjXkAAT2yg

Pandemic? What pandemic?

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
How is that even enjoyable? Wtf is wrong with people. It's like they are doing this straight up out of COVID defiance

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I know the EU is wanting to ban US, Brazil and Russian people from flying in but um is Scotland banning English people crossing the border? Wales too? Please I just got a hug from Mother yesterday as we make up an Extended Household as I live alone - it's my first human contact in like 12 weeks - England Baby, What You Doing?

Let me just vomit for the trash and let me just vomit the vomit on all of those selfless pieces of shits.

Bring you fucking trash bag and put shit in it!

Just because the bins are full doesn't mean you should just put it there on the growing hill of trash!

FFS

Deleted member 10428

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I refuse to believe a grown ass person would take a dump in a burger box in the middle of a crowded beach.

The Hobo

Oct 27, 2017
Those people are murderers. Simple as. People are going to die as a result of their actions.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Aside from all the stupidity of going to a crowded beach, the litter is infuriating.

My parents gave me absolute (verbal) hidings for dropping sweet wrappers as a kid.

FreezerGeezer

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Madness...

My little Perth, Australia definitely has its issues but population + isolation + decent countermeasures have made this COVID thing almost a non-issue on the health front. I cannot say for sure we'd do better on an individual basis if the circumstances were similar to the US and UK but watching it from the outside it just looks like sheer lunacy.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Those images look awful under normal circumstances. Who wants to bunch up next to thousands of sweaty as people? But it's even worse when there's a deadly virus.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
It's really amazing how brazen this all is. The quarantine rules aren't even that hard. It's not like a water or a food shortage where you're living off tiny amounts of food or hoarding water in your bathtub.

Doctors are literally telling people to stay home and play video games, and people can't even handle keeping up with that.

The choice that you can either stay home and be bored, or you can go out and possibly indirectly kill yourself, your loved ones, or other people around you. Thousands of people are seeing that choice and are like "Fuck being bored. People should die instead." How selfish is that?

OP
OP
It’s Time To Go
Dec 2, 2017
Even for us who recently, voted in a tory government, I am maddened and disappointed that we've decided to essentially, throw away three months of lockdown to go and shit in a burger box on an overcrowded beach.

Oct 31, 2017
Government messaging has not helped. Confused messaging and deliberate downplaying on the seriousness of the pandemic have encouraged people to behave stupidly

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Why the Beaches weren't closed before this 30 Degree weather I don't know... So not really surprised they where packed with most people still furloughed.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017

Bournemouth tourism board saying the town/beach is closed until July 4th

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Imagine driving 2 hours with your screaming children to get to the beach, seeing a crowd like that and thinking "Looks great to me, let's grab that one meter square spot near the pile of discarded chips and steaming mound of dog shit!"

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
Advice to stay away? Boris basically said it's fine.

At least it's outside, not like the pubs are open.