• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SwitchedOff

Oct 28, 2017
I suppose you could argue Johnson is not evil and just amoral.

Priti Patel however is the very definition of evil. She lobbied for tobacco and alcohol companies and covered up the use of child labour by British American Tobacco in army factories in Myanmar. If these are the kind of people you support, go for it. In 2011 she argued for the death sentence to be brought back. She opposes prisoner voting rights. She voted against the same sex marriage bill. She wants the smoking ban to be overturned and to return to plain packages for cigarettes.

Johnson is just in it for his power trip while earning as much money as he possibly can.

Patel though, hard to know where to start with her ..........

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I suppose you could argue Johnson is not evil and just amoral.
After the NHS baby and the terror attack on the bridge I think it's fair to say Boris is evil.

Worse he has been very very actively avoided any accountability and scrutiny during an election, it's unlikely to get better once he has a real majority. That's pretty authoritarian...

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
Do you have regular (like every 1-2 hours) reporting of the number of voters in the media in UK or just after the polls are closed?

IIRC, from watching the last time it's four-five people come out with ribbons and stuff in each constituency (which are all Shire/Game of Thrones names outside of the cities) and announce the vote totals.

MLH

Oct 26, 2017
Gosh turnout looks to be high, but I wonder if it'll be in the places that matter.
We'll probably end up with a majority conservative government with only 30% of the overall vote... Really love FPTP /s

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I am strangely excited and even jubilant.

It's going to be even more painful if this falls through.

PrintedCrayon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seadome
JKZ9LyX.png

rip
Pretty much feels the same for me in Basildon and Billericay. Basically a tory safe space. Won't stop me voting Labour though.

Peradam

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Jan 11, 2018
Labour supporter here, will be voting for them later today.

I'm in a marginal (~900 vote diff) and the Lib Dem candidate announced his endorsement of the Labour guy yesterday, but I fear it was a bit late to get the message to his supporters. But it's fucking cold and wet, so I hope that's enough to keep some old Tory voters away...

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
Pissing down with rain but finished work early so just got my vote in for the Greens

Pub right next to the polling station so I'm off for a pint

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Reports are all the youth/rooms full of old people, as well as massive turnouts/no fucker in sight.

I see Schrodinger's polling station is alive and well.

Masquerader

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Ugh. I feel like this is it. Every election is important but there's something about this one that's just even worse. The stakes are so high and a sizeable percentage of Englanders are dangerously deluded to the point of total stupidity. We have to vote against the Tories, or we have to suffer. Those are the options.

Deleted member 34788

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017

Canterbury area, hyper marginal, lab risk losing the seat.

Other reports in the area corrolate with this image.

Teddy

Oct 26, 2017
I'm working away and didn't receive my postal vote in time, so no vote for me.

Please vote tactically to keep the Tories out!

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Ugh. I feel like this is it. Every election is important but there's something about this one that's just even worse. The stakes are so high and a sizeable percentage of Englanders are dangerously deluded to the point of total stupidity. We have to vote against the Tories, or we have to suffer. Those are the options.
The only hope is destroying this union of "equals".

Xevross

Oct 28, 2017
15 they missed it being a small majority but was pretty close.
Yep, they had the tories just missing a majority when they actually just won one. The exit poll tonight could be similarly wrong, if the Tories are anywhere less than 335 seats in the exit poll it'll be a nail biter I think.

Krypta

Oct 29, 2017
Tories will always gain seats following the exit poll, since it can't take postal votes into account (and they do very well on them). I won't be very confident if the exit poll predicts 315+ Tory seats.

Oct 29, 2017
Wishing you guys the best of luck today from across the pond in the US!

There was a radio broadcast yesterday here about Corbyn's plans and they sounded great, so again best of luck on voting day today, all.

Xevross

Oct 28, 2017
Tories will always gain seats following the exit poll, since it can't take postal votes into account (and they do very well on them). I won't be very confident if the exit poll predicts 315+ Tory seats.
Not always and I'm sure they try to account for this. In 2010 for example they overestimated the Tories by 1.

Wallace Wells

May 24, 2019
The exit poll in 2015 predicted a hung parliament with the Tories being the biggest party and, well we all know how that turned out in the end

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
I can't remember the last time I was this anxious… slow work day too, so all I can think about is how much they're going to fuck up this country if they get a Majority.

Fiocca

Banned
Feb 1, 2019
I'm working away and didn't receive my postal vote in time, so no vote for me.

Please vote tactically to keep the Tories out!
If you received the postal vote but missed the deadline, you can still take it to the polling station and hand it in.

Edit: Ah I read that wrongly. You're still away. That's a shame. Though may be a proxy option? Not sure though.