• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 862

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jon Ashworth is a chump. Talking shit to your Tory mate like some little school girl. get in the bin you twat.

the last four years have been like fighting with both hands tied behind your back.

CottonWolf

Feb 23, 2018
Even if people don't care, which I broadly agree with, this is now going to be thing dominating the news rather than what happened yesterday. That is a huge problem because yesterday's insanity was going to do serious damage.
I disagree with it, but I think a member of the Shadow Cabinet basically saying Corbyn is unfit to be PM is news. So I can't really blame them.

Labour should have purged the PLP harder.

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
This thread assumes a lot of good intentions on part of Laura. It's still full of shit and portraying Corbyn as initiating threatening behaviour

They always complain about tone, never about the truth of the matter. These are the same arguments we see, like the sneering about "kinder, gentler politics" which horribly misunderstands what that means and who it's meant to be for.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
so a photo appears of a young child on the floor of a hospital. Bad look for the Conservatives

Load of bullshit defense force nonsense starts up accusing it of being fake for political points scoring.

turns out to be not fake and the attacks potentially backfiring on the tories. This could snowball - the original was bad enough.

BBC: Quick lets focus on a random comment from a Labour politician about Corbyn to distract people

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
so a photo appears of a young child on the floor of a hospital. Bad look for the Conservatives

Load of bullshit defense force nonsense starts up accusing it of being fake for political points scoring.

turns out to be not fake and the attacks potentially backfiring on the tories. This could snowball - the original was bad enough.

BBC: Quick lets focus on a random comment from a Labour politician about Corbyn to distract people

We don't get to behave like Trump and sweep Ashworth under the carpet. It's a high up Labour MP trashing his leader. If this was about Boris, you, me and everyone else would want it front page news.

Ashworth deserves to have his career nuked for being a careless cunt and a fake Labour MP.

If Labour is going to lose this election then the fight begins to kick every Tory wanker out of the party. The English Red Wedding needs to follow on from Scotland.

Otherwise enjoy becoming mini-America.

Garfield

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
We don't get to behave like Trump and sweep Ashworth under the carpet. It's a high up Labour MP trashing his leader. If this was about Boris, you, me and everyone else would want it front page news.

Ashworth deserves to have his career nuked for being a careless cunt and a fake Labour MP.

If Labour is going to lose this election then the fight begins to kick every Tory wanker out of the party.

TBF they are all over it on radio 2, their political guy just said there is no sewer the tories wont go down to try to change the narrative away from the child

Sorry quoted wrong person, meant to quote MrKlaw

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
TBF they are all over it on radio 2, their political guy just said there is no sewer the tories wont go down to try to change the narrative away from the child

That might be correct, but this is "big news" in a political campaign. Not for one second would any of you be claiming it shouldn't be shouted from rooftops if it was about Boris.

Tories would talk about an old lady crossing the road to divert away from the NHS.

CottonWolf

Feb 23, 2018

If Labour is going to lose this election then the fight begins to kick every Tory wanker out of the party. The English Red Wedding needs to follow on from Scotland.

This is 100% correct. Blame Ashworth, not the media, in this case.

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
This is 100% correct. Blame Ashworth, not the media, in this case.

Oh, the Tory media is definitely going to enjoy pushing it instead of the NHS story, that can't be ignored, but Ashworth fucked his own party here, no one else caused this.

Going on national TV and stammering about "just banter" as well. A joke. Go join Chuka in the Lib Dems.

kradical

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The fact that a Labour MP was critical of Corbyn in private is not "big news" at all. Have you seen what some Labour MPs and former prime ministers say about him in public? This won't be a needle pusher in the slightest.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017

I think the media should deal with both stories simultaneously and there is far too much incentive for those who fucked up big time yesterday (Laura Kuennesberg and Robert Peston) to shift focus.

Yesterday's story relates to the NHS crisis, then Boris' complete lack of interest in it and fucking bizarre response to a journalist asking him about it, then the Tories lying about violence and then the media parroting those lies without doing any journalism. Each of these things is a major story in its own right.

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
I think the media should deal with both stories simultaneously and there is far too much incentive for those who fucked up big time yesterday (Laura Kuennesberg and Robert Peston) to shift focus.

Yesterday's story relates to the NHS crisis, then Boris' complete lack of interest in it and fucking bizarre response to a journalist asking him about it, then the Tories lying about violence and then the media parroting those lies without doing any journalism. Each of these things is a major story in its own right.

I don't disagree, I'm just not in the mood for any more Centrism defending because "it's our side!". Ashworth dug his own grave and Corbyn should despatch him to Chuka's house begging for a handout.

There's a precedent that the Labour party is riddled with Red Tories, it's the same in Scotland, and they can all get to fuck. Constantly undermining real change. And in this case, getting into bed with Tory activists.

How are we supposed to fix the NHS problems when the health secretary for Labour is behaving like a Red Tory?

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The fact that a Labour MP was critical of Corbyn in private is not "big news" at all. Have you seen what some Labour MPs and former prime ministers say about him in public? This won't be a needle pusher in the slightest.

I suppose the wider electorate may not realise that there is a fairly large split in Labour. We all know that, so this is not that surprising. The man on the street may see it as something new and damaging though.

Deleted member 862

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not going to get hung up on it but it does matter. It also doesn't help that Ashworth is the shadow health secretary and was going to be everywhere today because of yesterday.

You always expect a few last minute twists but this has been going on for years. The PLP and a good chunk of Labour have actively destroyed the party's chance of winning any election because they hate Corbyn. These same people will take none of the blame.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There was a late flurry of requests for poll Clark's at work so I said I would do it, lol.
Be a long day 06:30 until 22:30

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
I'm not going to get hung up on it but it does matter. It also doesn't help that Ashworth is the shadow health secretary and was going to be everywhere today because of yesterday.

You always expect a few last minute twists but this has been going on for years. The PLP and a good chunk of Labour have actively destroyed the party's chance of winning any election because they hate Corbyn. These same people will take none of the blame.

Shadow health secretary Jonathan Ashworth is again defended comments he made in a leaked recording criticising Jeremy Corbyn.

He says: "That clearly is banter in my voice. Of course it's embarrassing, I look like a plonker."

Mr Ashworth says the comments weren't serious and that he was trying to convince the person who recorded the conversation, a friend who is also a Conservative activist, that Tory attack lines were working.

He likens it to the sort of thing football managers do.

"It's like when you're trying to wind up your opponents. Again, he's a Tory activist with friends in CCHQ, and I'm saying to him, 'These are your attack lines, they're working'… I'm trying to make him complacent."

He says he's tried to be "too clever by half".

H E A T E D G A M I N G M O M E N T
E
A
T
E
D

G
A
M
I
N
G

M
O
M
E
N
T

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Feel kinda bad for Ashworth tbh. You'd not expect someone you considered a friend to betray what you said to them to the media. Pretty scummy behaviour.

Just goes to show that Laura Pidcock was entirely right when she said she'd not be friends with a Tory.

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
Feel kinda bad for Ashworth tbh. You'd not expect someone you considered a friend to betray what you said to them to the media. Pretty scummy behaviour.

Just goes to show that Laura Pidcock was entirely right when she said she'd not be friends with a Tory.

He can be held responsible for chatting shit. I mean, what is this?

"I do support the leader. I want to be health secretary," Mr Ashworth says as he continues to insist his critical remarks about Labour and Jeremy Corbyn were a joke.

Mr Ashworth says he was trying to "lull" his friend who was a Conservative activist "into a false sense of security" ahead of polling day.

"In the cold light of day, it's obviously stupid. it was a private conversation with someone I've been matey with since 2007 and I was trying to make him feel like he didn't have to work harder in the campaign."

He moves the conversation onto condemning the Conservative record on the NHS.

"On a year by year basis, we're now down 17,000 beds since 2010," he says, and argues voters will be more "fed up with the fact we've got the worst cancer waiting lists on record" than concerned about his leaked comments.

It's like a YouTuber trying to apologise by claiming they were actually the good guy when behaving like a waster.

Normal people don't tell "jokes" that involve shitting all over the leader/party they are representing. I mean, unless they are actually funny jokes. Nothing is funny about what Ashworth said. It's all the usual right-wing dogwhistles about Corbyn.

It's quite clear he wants Labour Centrism Remastered, and for that he can fuck off.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I saw that the guy was their friend since 2007 so that makes it even shittier. But in such a close election like this and a country where the media have a tendency of attacking Labour over anything, you shouldn't be saying stuff like that in their position, even in private. You never know who's listening, or recording in this instance. The attempted defense just make it worse.

Oct 28, 2017

Obviously there are cases of people seeing it multiple times, but 92 million is a staggering amount. Keep sharing this thing and make it the story of the week, of this whole election.

Deleted member 862

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ed Davey is having a shocker on Politics Live right now saying the Lib Dems won't back anyone to form a government.

Madouu

Oct 25, 2017
PLP structure and composition nowadays is very different from the first couple of years of JC. The Left controls the party much more, the days of centrism are far gone, or at least, it will take a lot of time to undo that.

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Our Brexit Party candidate has dropped out and encouraged his supporters to vote for the tory candidate, Karl McFuckingCartney.

I was so proud and pleased that our constituency turned over his seat in 2017, but it's going to go straight back to him, because he's being endorsed by racists and xenophobes. Oh, he's the one that was retweeting Tommy Robinson and Katie Hopkins' rhetoric recently as well.

Fucking tory wankers.

Deleted member 862

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get why this is a shocker? I don't think any party will ever form a coalition government again. Why bother when you just get blamed for all the majority party's policies?
Not talking about a coalition he's saying they won't even back a queen's speech of finance bill which basically means we would go straight to another election because we couldn't form a government.

Then he goes on to say that whoever is in charge (nobody) should do a second referendum instead. So we'd have no government for 6 months even though a Labour government would give them exactly what they want?? It's utter nonsense.

Deleted member 34788

Banned
Nov 29, 2017

Dr moderate is my favourite conspiracy theory to believe in

Thing is, they have engaged with pollsters and returned to the data to address feedback and criticism. I mean, it's all stated on the Twitter feed.

They had public conversations with the Curtice fellow.

They are very open on their model and addressed criticism pretty damn well.

SvennusDemonicus

alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019
Its funny because I don't see what's bad with JC but a lot of people even labour people are like "its better of two evils" so it will be interesting to see how this affects people

JonathanEx

Oct 25, 2017
Our Brexit Party candidate has dropped out and encouraged his supporters to vote for the tory candidate, Karl McFuckingCartney.

I was so proud and pleased that our constituency turned over his seat in 2017, but it's going to go straight back to him, because he's being endorsed by racists and xenophobes. Oh, he's the one that was retweeting Tommy Robinson and Katie Hopkins' rhetoric recently as well.

Fucking tory wankers.
Oh Lincoln? Ah that awful chap. Still, cheer yourself up with the video of him walking away sad from the count in the 2017 election or the time that he claimed someone hacked his account to like norty photos.

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Oh Lincoln? Ah that awful chap. Still, cheer yourself up with the video of him walking away sad from the count in the 2017 election or the time that he claimed someone hacked his account to like norty photos.

Indeed - Fellow imp? (I hope!)

That video always makes me smile. Sadly, the Lincolnite seem to have cuddled up to him a bit since then from what I see shared. (Stopped following them for a while after they went from legitimate local interest news to straight clickbait headlines)

SvennusDemonicus

alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019
Holy shit, these people, the UK is lost

At the fish market, there are a few fishmongers who suggest that the seat could be turning in the Tories' favour. One wholesaler, 39-year-old Adam Leggett, says he did not used to vote but he is now backing Johnson. He argues that "Boris seems like a normal working class guy, he'll get my vote". Undeterred when reminded of the prime minister's background, he says: "Like you say he went to Eton. But have any prime ministers not been to public school? They're all from chosen stock aren't they?"

source
the guardian

Deleted member 38573

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
Apprantely he noticed a weighting error in the last election but was 'ignored'
He claims he did, not seem any evidence of it.
It sounds like Mr X Media got a new job tbh.

i'm struggling to poke holes in his methods.

wonder why blue tick pollsters/data scientists aren't interacting with him. he has a fair amount of followers for what he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.