• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
Glad to see she's fulfilling her nuke desires by obliterating her chance of staying in her seat.

She gets me soo irrationally upset. The lies, deceit and career-politician bullshit.

I have zero faith in East Dunbartonshire. She's going to win by a few percent.

Then she'll go back to bashing everyone who is actually further left than herself by proclaiming we're all the problem.

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
I think on balance Super Hans would probably vote labour, more likely than either Mark or Jeremy anyway. 😜
Mark was definitely a Blair voter, Lib Dem/Tory toss up so far, feel like he'd be anti brexit

Jez would probably vote peace party or something

(I just started the show again from the beginning this week, I never got round to watching past season 6, I just remembered Jez's blackface episode is coming up and that will not have aged well I suspect)

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017

I'm already there. Grimsby isn't that far from me (fuck the codheads etc), and this rhetoric is filtered down across everyone. It's insane. Saw a Labour campaign ad on FB last night with the (admittedly dubious) £6k savings touted, and every single response was "Well I don't have a railcard, I'm voting for Boris"...

We're fucked. We're utterly, utterly fucked.

Wallace Wells

May 24, 2019
So where was Phillip's outrage and shouting trying to make Boris to apologise for being racist, homophobic etc etc

oh wait...

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
I'm already there. Grimsby isn't that far from me (fuck the codheads etc), and this rhetoric is filtered down across everyone. It's insane. Saw a Labour campaign ad on FB last night with the (admittedly dubious) £6k savings touted, and every single response was "Well I don't have a railcard, I'm voting for Boris"...

We're fucked. We're utterly, utterly fucked.

Even Lab Rats learn very quickly not to hurt themselves in experiments by avoiding pushing the button which doesn't reward them.

Whereas the British people are like "Oh, that button doesn't give me food? Well, I'm going to keep pushing it".

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jeremy would probably vote BXP just to fuck shit up.

Jeremy is the epitome of "I voted remain but now I think, you know, we should just get brexit done?"

maxresdefault.jpg

Oct 26, 2017
take me back to the halcyon days (tuesday) where we pondered the grilling he could get from Schofield lol

Jeremy would absolutely vote for Cringe UK. Good fit for a terf

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Even Lab Rats learn very quickly not to hurt themselves in experiments by avoiding pushing the button which doesn't reward them.

Whereas the British people are like "Oh, that button doesn't give me food? Well, I'm going to keep pushing it".

There's an excellent Bill Hicks skit from the early 90s where he's talking about keeping the tories in... "Y'all into S&M?... OW that hurts... Keep doin' it. Yeeeooooowwwwwwwdon't stop".

Depressing that this is still relevant almost 30 years later.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I couldn't watch the interview but I saw that apparently Johnson didn't realize you had to hit a button to take a selfie. Can't say that surprises me.

Oct 27, 2017

I'm going to be so sad in a week's time

I think this is the most infuriating Tory lie I've seen yet. Anyone who has paid attention will have noticed the drastic increase in rough sleepers and homeless people on the streets since 2010. They've been in power for 9 years, almost as long as the previous Labour government, and Despicable Me here wants to shift the blame.

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
I think this is the most infuriating Tory lie I've seen yet. Anyone who has paid attention will have noticed the drastic increase in rough sleepers and homeless people on the streets since 2010. They've been in power for 9 years, almost as long as the previous Labour government, and Despicable Me here wants to shift the blame.

Sajid is one of the most evil people in the UK.

A horrible man by every definition possible.

Ando

Apr 21, 2018
the "successful" tory campaign still predicated on the sadly correct assumption that if you exclusively lie about everything then the media isn't actually equipped to do anything about it

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think most people would be sceptical of claims by the tories of having reduced Labour homelessness.

Apart from anything else, everyone can see the problem has worsened.

ruttyboy

Oct 29, 2017
You know the saddest thing about the Andrew Neil debacle? It's that he is seen as some top tier hard nut interviewer just because he actually, sometimes, calls people on their blatant well known lies and bullshit. That should be the absolute bare minimum to expect from a political journalist. Hell, it should be the bare mimimum from ANY actual journalist.

And to add to the tragedy of the whole thing, it should be easy, given his interview style, for any politician to get through an interview with him if they just told the truth (at the time and in their career). Except they can't because lies are an accepted and expected part of politics.

Shit's depressing man.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I get the feeling that the BBC think that if they're getting an equal number of complaints from left and right viewers/readers that they're being unbiased.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
I'd guess that's part of the act.
My opinion of Boris' "act" used to be that he was probably a relatively smart person acting like a buffoon as a political disguise.

I've changed my mind on that though. I'm now fairly sure that he's a person of mediocre or below intelligence, whose smartest-ever moment was the realisation that if he acted like a buffoon people would think that anyone acting so stupid must be smart, and also that any genuinely stupid moments on his part would be written off as part of the act.

There's a limit to that though surely?
Not sure. If we asked for objective evidence of that limit, what would you point at?

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So those Brexit MEPs that quit, does that mean they aren't MEPs anymore, ie not taking an EU salary etc.?

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
MQHPKDz.png

Now lets imagine how this would have been written if it was Jeremy Corbyn who was incapable of knowing how to take a selfie.

Replace "and ta-da" with "if this man is incapable of knowing how to press a button then how is he capable of running this country?".

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My opinion of Boris' "act" used to be that he was probably a relatively smart person acting like a buffoon as a political disguise.

I've changed my mind on that though. I'm now fairly sure that he's a person of mediocre or below intelligence, whose smartest-ever moment was the realisation that if he acted like a buffoon people would think that anyone acting so stupid must be smart, and also that any genuinely stupid moments on his part would be written off as part of the act.

Not sure. If we asked for objective evidence of that limit, what would you point at?

The NHS seems to be one issue where the public haven't really wholeheartedly swallowed the gov't lines. It's out if the news cycle now but that one worked.

If you can see homeless people around you where there weren't any before, surely it's hard to believe that Labour are the problem, especially because Tory supporters support the Tories because they are tough on benefits and hand-outs. I think it was maybe one lie too many

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
I get the feeling that the BBC think that if they're getting an equal number of complaints from left and right viewers/readers that they're being unbiased.

This is how the BBC's Fran Unsworth ends that Guardian article discussed previously:
I don't necessarily subscribe to the view that if we get complaints from both sides, we are doing something right – though we do receive roughly equal volumes of audience feedback suggesting we favour opposite sides of the political spectrum.

And to those who have suggested we are somehow cowed or unconfident, let me assure you – we are not.

"I don't subscribe to this proving anything but here it is anyway hahaha"

Status
Not open for further replies.