• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

twofold

Oct 28, 2017
Just seen the Wimbledon result -

Wimbledon: Con HOLD
CON: 38.4% (-8.1)
LDEM: 37.2% (+22.7)
LAB: 23.7% (-11.9)
IND (Hadley): 0.7%

Another tactical voting fail.

Is there a count of how many seats were lost by Labour and the Lib Dems cannibalising each other's vote share?

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
We don't forget The Coalition. We don't forget tuition fees. We don't forget austerity. We don't forget shooting first in unco-operating with Labour. We don't forget misleading election material in swing seats. We don't forget sixth negative point about local candidate or action on issue...

We bring their track record to every election.

I love how Scotland is returning Lib Dem seats, yet we knocked your leader out 😂
Gotta feel like a prat if you voted LD in one of those seats seeing the bloodbath nationally and Swinson going.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I live in Eltham.We've been Labour for over 2 decades

I give zero fucks about where you're from?

If you want to blame this on Corbyn no being a strong remainer your opinion's literally worthless?

The biggest issue was Labour votes haemorrhaging to Leavers.

This is all an exercise on how fucking idiots will place the non-existent thread of their racist beliefs over their own well-being.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Since Brexit is pretty much confirmed to be happening at this point, I don't fancy being in England when it all goes south. Plus I'll bet another recession will be on the way over the next few years to really help things along.

Will be looking at emigrating somewhere else. Have to find a place where the political right haven't ruined everything though.

FrakEarth

Oct 25, 2017
Liverpool, UK
This is bollocks.

It was clear at the halfway point of this election that Labour were not doing what they did in 2017. Instead of accepting that, many went into full denial and stayed within the leftist twitter echo chamber. Alot of excuses as to why Labour were not gaining like they were in 2017 and why they will still get enough seats. It's bollocks.
What are you proposing they could have done?

It's a country of slogans, soundbites and short sighted xenophobia. Policies didn't play here. Not in England and Wales. Only one policy did. The one with the slogan.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
The left everywhere has no fucking idea how to capitalise on the resentment against the current status quo. It's shameful really.

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Since Brexit is pretty much confirmed to be happening at this point, I don't fancy being in England when it all goes south. Plus I'll bet another recession will be on the way over the next few years to really help things along.

Will be looking at emigrating somewhere else. Have to find a place where the political right haven't ruined everything though.

How old are you? If you're young, have a degree and no dependants then go teach English in Asia.

Deleted member 21431

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Good, Corbyn is resigning. Weak leader, proven to be unpopular with the public, which is something I said and was attacked for in this thread.

Cow

Oct 25, 2017

It's a country of slogans, soundbites and short sighted xenophobia. Policies didn't play here. Not in England and Wales. Only one policy did. The one with the slogan.

They could have not gone into full denial when the polls were consistently suggesting the Tories were doing very well.

Dary

Oct 27, 2017
The English Wilderness

14181741.jpg

Deleted member 19218

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good, Corbyn is resigning. Weak leader, proven to be unpopular with the public, which is something I said and was attacked for in this thread.

It looks like the problem might be people were split between voting for Labour or the liberal democrats. That's just at a glance though but is it a fair assumption?

Leading up to the election, I heard several times people were hoping that right leaning voters would be split between conservatives and Farage's party but no one ever stopped to ponder about the left side.

I kind of wish we didn't have the LD now.

Deleted member 21431

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Statistically those in labour to conservative seats likely know someone who voted Tory. I hope you're all giving them short shrift from now on. Honestly fuck England. Fuck racists. Fuck England rugby. Fuck England football. Fuck our prospects at the Tokyo Olympics. Fuck elderly brexiteers. Fuck people who fear immigration. I'm having a baby next year. Fuck people who decided I'd be bringing it in to a world where that will be much more expensive and where the outcomes will be worse under a Tory government, where 99% of schools are facing further cuts. My sister's ex husband and his family are Tories - we are still civil for the sake of my nephew, but that ends tomorrow. His granny is a stupid, myopic, blind Tory cunt and I'm going to tell her so. I don't want people like that in my life.

And so it's clear I'm equal opportunities with the dispensing of fucks - fuck the Lib Dems, fuck the centrist labour turncoats, fuck class traitors who have forgotten what the Tories visited upon their communities not 30 years ago, and fuck those who steered the Brexit choice in the wrong direction inside Corbyn's team. We can now all clearly see it was fantasy to try and bring people together in racist little England. Fuck this country. And fuck the Tories. I hope their reign is fucking miserable for everyone who voted for them.
Grow up.

Masquerader

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Dennis Skinner lost his seat in Bolsover... Was that mentioned? I think it's an insanely big deal.

How. How could England be so utterly... Wrong... I'll make no secret of it, I loved how sarcastic he was, I loved how he took the serious things seriously and the foolish things foolishly. I loved how consistent he was. I loved how much of a throwback he was, a constant symbol of integrity that never wavered, like Tony Benn. I adored watching him like no other MP in the House of Commons, his shit almost made it worth watching.

And he is now gone. I cannot believe it. I feel more hurt at that than pretty much every other loss...

Exactly~ And yes, it is pleasing.

twofold

Oct 28, 2017
I'm sure it'll be gone over seat by seat after everything's counted. A hung parliament might have still been a stretch, but Labor wouldn't have been so ruthlessly humiliated. Just from browsing districts offhandedly it might be 25ish?

Sounds about right.

I wonder how things would have gone if Labour had agreed to work with the others. Would a hung parliament have been possible?

Swinson probably wouldn't have gone so hard after Labour and the Lib Dem collapse might not have been so bad and there wouldn't have been as much vote share cannibalisation.

Might have bee doable.

FrakEarth

Oct 25, 2017
Liverpool, UK
The left everywhere has no fucking idea how to capitalise on the resentment against the current status quo. It's shameful really.
It's because the left has ostensibly felt a moral duty in trying to protect marginalised groups and give voice to the idea that matters are more complex than simply blaming Johnny foreigner for domestic ills caused by poor domestic government. It's out of step with the MAGA twats in the US and the little Englanders here who are more than happy to blame the "other" for their shit lives rather than those making decisions and controlling policy and the purse strings.

It's an ugly truth, but the left doesn't offer people a sense of "righteous" anger and hate towards utterly blameless groups of people.. and the right does. Imo of course.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Dennis Skinner lost his seat in Bolsover... Was that mentioned? I think it's an insanely big deal.

How. How could England be so utterly... Wrong... I'll make no secret of it, I loved how sarcastic he was, I loved how he took the serious things seriously and the foolish things foolishly. I loved how consistent he was. I loved how much of a throwback he was, a constant symbol of integrity that never wavered, like Tony Benn. I adored watching him like no other MP in the House of Commons, his shit almost made it worth watching.

And he is now gone. I cannot believe it. I feel more hurt at that than pretty much every other loss...

Exactly~ And yes, it is pleasing.
Jesus, Skinner was and is a working class legend. That's really fucked up, he's one of the few honest men that were in parliament.

We also lost Laura Pidcock, who was going to be the future. I hope she stays in politics and gets a by election somewhere.

Oct 26, 2017
UK

You trying to call Corbyn the big bad when he's done fuck all to harm UK citizens speaks volumes in that it means your supporting Tories who literally deported PoC and supporting practises that burned them alive. But keep trying to take the high ground I guess?

Masquerader

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Jesus, Skinner was and is a working class legend. That's really fucked up, he's one of the few honest men that were in parliament.

We also lost Laura Pidcock, who was going to be the future. I hope she stays in politics and gets a by election somewhere.

I think Pidcock's loss is worse, true. But Dennis Skinner losing gives me a kind of "nothing is sacred any more" vibe. Losing a star of the future is painful. Alongside a star of the past though? That's just depressing as hell. I was hoping he'd keep going until he wanted to stop because he seemed pretty content with the idea of doing it until he died or retiring at a ridiculously old age on his own terms. This... Is terribly sad and he didn't deserve to have his amazing career to end this way.

I'm sorry England, this is why I lost faith in y'all in the first place. This is literally the fifth time in a row now that you've voted Conservative.

Cow

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, apologies, I thought you were pitching "Labour would have won if..." rather than just venting despair, that's entirely fair.

Nah, lol. There is not much Labour could have done this election to win. I think the big issue here is that Boris was not just the face of Brexit but he had the deal ready to go. Like, there was no waiting around for Labour to get a deal. I do not think there is anyone or anything that could be done to beat that. Nothing.

Perhaps Labour would have done better if they chose to support Brexit. It would not have been good enough though.

I think alot of remainers fail to understand how annoyed the electorate are with Brexit and how much they want it done and over with.

Kay

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if there was a route from David Cameron resigning to Labour victory. Would they have won if they'd pushed through May's deal and campaigned for in a post-Brexit World? Or would that alienate the 52% remainers to much? Hard to say

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Again, I'll say

EVERY. SINGLE. TORY. VOTER is complicit in hurting the disabled and all the deaths that may come in the future.

You voted "fuck you" to disabled people just because "Brexit"

Tory voters are nothing but scum to me.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I think Pidcock's loss is worse, true. But Dennis Skinner losing gives me a kind of "nothing is sacred any more" vibe. Losing a star of the future is painful. Alongside a star of the past though? That's just depressing as hell. I was hoping he'd keep going until he wanted to stop because he seemed pretty content with the idea of doing it until he died or retiring at a ridiculously old age on his own terms. This... Is terribly sad and he didn't deserve to have his amazing career to end this way.

I'm sorry England, this is why I lost faith in y'all in the first place. This is literally the fifth time in a row now that you've voted Conservative.
Agreed, he deserved better.

Masquerader

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Again, I'll say

EVERY. SINGLE. TORY. VOTER is complicit in hurting the disabled and all the deaths that may come in the future.

I'm honestly so sorry. Like, fuck. It's so bad, and I hate it so much. Don't give up hope though, we all gotta fight until the end... We can't ever give up precisely because people will suffer and die. That's enough reason to keep on trying.

But, you're right. No Labour politician should ever have anything other than an undying hatred for the Tories. Nye Bevan was right. They are lower than vermin.

Cow

Oct 25, 2017
Again, I'll say

You're absolutely right, and not enough people talk about this. There should be public outrage over what has been done to the most vulnerable disabled over the past 10 years, but nobody gives a fuck. It's disgusting.

It's not just because of brexit either because they were boring for this before brexit was a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.