• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Literally nothing. This is the death of any sort of left wing policies in the UK for a generation at least. The swings required for Labour to come back in 2024 are astronomical, so we'll have a Boris government until 2029 at the very least, and Boris has shown that voters actually love it when they are blatantly lied to by racists. The only way for Labour to come back into even remote contention would be to work that racism dial and see what sticks. Which won't win anyway.

So yay.
The paralyzing thing I feel, is that I can't even let myself hope that Brexit is so demonstrably bad the voters revolt on them come 2024, because I know exactly who will suffer the most from Brexit and it isn't white people. Acceleration-ism is probably the worst thing to pin hope on, so I'm not going to do that.

Scotland getting out. NI getting out. There's still hope there, even if there's more hope for the latter than the former.

I've been saying this for a while, but voters drove the bus off the cliff back in 2016, and it's been falling in slow motion ever since. I haven't been able to figure out a plausible path to a better place that doesn't have the worst yet to come.

Ando

Apr 21, 2018
okay tactical voting failures in kensington, wimbledon and cities of london are nuts

not that it really mattered

Oct 27, 2017
Glasgow
Ian Murray is an excellent MP. He spoke extremely well and pulled no punches regarding his party's national performance.

I wouldn't want him to put himself forward for a wider role, but the PLP need to listen to what he said.

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
Ian Murray is an excellent MP. He spoke extremely well and pulled no punches regarding his party's national performance.

I wouldn't want him to put himself forward for a wider role, but the PLP need to listen to what he said.

If he's still against independence after tonight he can do one.

Or, reframed, if he's still against us having another vote now, he can do one.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I hope this election leads to more co-ordinated efforts between parties to take down the Tories next time. Like more stepping down in seats, and less fuckery *cough* Lib Dems *cough* in terms of misrepresenting their viability in seats.

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
Willie Rennie is a total cunt. Fuck off you prick who doesn't care about Scotland.

Where is your Lib Dem leader at you turd of a man?

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
So.... England when the fuck are you gonna get over the empire?
645418684466069509.png

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't looked at the remaining seats yet but it looks like Labour might barely crack 200. Unless all the remaining seats are basically all Cons.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK

Jesus wept my local MP was only saved by the Brexit Party and Michelle Dewberry splitting the vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.