• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
I'm dreading the UK going forward, but I'm also buzzing Scotland is rejecting the Tories.

I need sleep but I also feel anxiety.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Let's just focus on what a great night it's been for Scotland's representation, and hope they can free themselves from the racist, xenophobic, corrupt, dangerously right wing leadership in westminster.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly as a disabled person, I am genuinely terrified of the future. We've voted in a party who said disabled people should earn less because they don't understand money. And that's on top of the punitive health assessments and doing their damnedest it feels like to kill off the disabled.

Fuck...

Xevross

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly as a disabled person, I am genuinely terrified of the future. We've voted in a party who said disabled people should earn less because they don't understand money. And that's on top of the punitive health assessments and doing their damnedest it feels like to kill off the disabled.

Fuck...
If its any remorse, the debt is finally decreasing so I think the worst of their cuts are over. I guess the problem is that you need so much more support and these tories will never give you any.

Local elections over the next 5 years are going to be more important than ever.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Fuck...

I'm pretty certain that's their goal, the poor too. Body count is already over 130k so I doubt they'll get any blowback no matter how far that number increases. The current statistic should ring alarm bells country wide already.

Dary

Oct 27, 2017
The English Wilderness
This is fascinating.

"Suggests this was more working class revolt than Brexit election."

...but that's pretty much what Brexit was in the first place?!

Fuck...
If they want me dead, I'll keep going to spite them.

Xevross

Oct 28, 2017
"Suggests this was more working class revolt than Brexit election."

...but that's pretty much what Brexit was in the first place?!

If they want me dead, I'll keep going to spite them.
Yep, the right wing have convinced the working class of this country that brexit is the cause of all their problems, and now convinced them to vote Tory to make sure brexit is done.

Hopefully 4 years will be enough to show them that it was bollocks and brexit being 'done' hasn't fixed anything.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
someone in the audience on Channel 4 just said "We should have left on WTO terms because then the EU would have to come to us instead of the other way around"

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Inflammatory Commentary
Best of luck Scotland.

I'm off. Stay safe everyone, don't drink too much.

Fuck you, to any Tory voters on here, and I sincerely hope you get what's coming. You deserve to be lynched.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
I know.

But what else can we take from tonight?

Literally nothing. This is the death of any sort of left wing policies in the UK for a generation at least. The swings required for Labour to come back in 2024 are astronomical, so we'll have a Boris government until 2029 at the very least, and Boris has shown that voters actually love it when they are blatantly lied to by racists. The only way for Labour to come back into even remote contention would be to work that racism dial and see what sticks. Which won't win anyway.

So yay.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
unknown.png

For the thousandth time, fuck the Liberal Democrats.

Oct 28, 2017
Yep, the right wing have convinced the working class of this country that brexit is the cause of all their problems, and now convinced them to vote Tory to make sure brexit is done.

Hopefully 4 years will be enough to show them that it was bollocks and brexit being 'done' hasn't fixed anything.

So only well-off people are allowed to vote for their morals and against their own economic self interest? Seems to be a bit elitist if people below median earnings should always vote for their own financial gain, but people above the median are allowed to vote against their economic interests and vote on their convictions regarding non-economic policies, isn't?

Status
Not open for further replies.