• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think you misunderstood my post. I didn't mean a hung parliament in general couldn't function I meant that that specific one was divided in a way that wouldn't agree on anything.
that's true of many hung parliaments. look at the lib/lab pact and the tortured days of the Callaghan government
There was no guarantee that the EU would grant another extension
just not true. the EU leadership had said many times no deal will never be on them. i.e. you will have as many extensions as you need. there was zero chance the EU forces the UK to crash out when they're asking to stay longer
not when Parliament refused to have an election and couldn't have a Referendum (as support wasn't there for it.)
sorry, do you think Johnson wanted the election because it would be bad for him? do you think we wanted the election because the former parliament would help his vision of Brexit? come on. when your opponent wants something more than anything else, it's usually not a good idea to just give it to them. the Lib Dems gave Johnson the election he wanted and asked for. that's the reality.

Like, what do you think Parliament should have done instead of have this election?
continue the debate, continue whittling down the options. they could have held a series of transferable votes where MPs in the end were forced to come to a majority view based on preferences.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Labour needs to dissolve as a party and something new needs to come in its place.

Its name and reputation is toxic at the moment.

The whole of the country is toxic, to be fair.

Ah man this is just leaving my head hot.
Corbyn's reputation is toxic because of smear campaigns from media moghuls who don't like paying taxes and prefer to blame brown people for all of the UK's misery.

kharma45

Oct 26, 2017
First Northern Ireland seat coming in very soon. Sounds like Alliance's Farry should beat the DUP's Easton. Huge win. The DUP has been targeting this seat for years, and with Lady Hermon stepping down, probably thought it was theirs.

Nov 14, 2017
If that's true I don't want to hear another word for the left saying "but if only Corbyn has pushed for leave, he would have won".

He's took his core support, young people and successfully got them not to vote. Young people felt that they had no political home because the Lib Dems screwed them before and Labour don't back remain.

And yet we were told that Corbyn wasn't brexity enough

Congratulations you complete fucking imbecile.
I think the real problem was that Labour was split between both sides of Brexit. It demobilised remainers and allowed the Brexit party to split the Labour vote. BP also didn't contest Tory seats either, meaning Labour didn't get the benefit of remainer Tories feeling like Labour was the only way a second referendum. So far it's looking like it's only a small swing to Tory but a massive swing to Brexit party.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
First Northern Ireland seat coming in very soon. Sounds like Alliance's Farry should beat the DUP's Easton. Huge win. The DUP has been targeting this seat for years, and with Lady Hermon stepping down, probably thought it was theirs.
This was expected per YouGov. The bigger win for Alliance would be to carry Belfast East (which I think they've held once before).

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
What are the chances of Scotland seceding now? It feels like we are watching the Union dissolving itself in real time.
like 5%
that 5% relies on Boris having a real good day and getting super high and going "Yeah fuck it give them a referendum."

But most likely, no. Scotland will never leave without Westminster approval because then we can't join the EU.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
lol. Buckland trying to say their plans are fully costed. How come they didn't release them then.

Masquerader

Banned
Nov 4, 2017

That's great news. I expected DUP apathy to fuck them over there but I still expected a small majority in their favour. Thank goodness Hermon voters seemingly saw who her functional successor would be.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
What are the chances of Scotland seceding now? It feels like we are watching the Union dissolving itself in real time.

We need Westminster to allow another referendum which is a stumbling block.

of course Boris could use his bg majority to dissolve the Scottish parliament just for lols.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
I'm drunk. I've been out singing karaoke all night. Home to bad news about the UK wide exit polls. But just seen on BBC the SNP have a chance of getting 55 seats! Holy shit. Not all bad. Cover our eyes for Ruth Davidson skinny dipping mind but holy shit if true.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK

Zero percent. The SNP can win 59/59 seats and win every seat at Holyrood and it won't mean a damn thing, because they'll only get a second independence referendum with Westminster's approval. Which isn't going to happen.

kharma45

Oct 26, 2017
This was expected per YouGov. The bigger win for Alliance would be to carry Belfast East (which I think they've held once before).

Naomi won EB after the DUP were embroiled in one of many of their scandals at the time. It was partly a protest vote. Naomi, unfortunately, won't win this time around. Expect her to close the 8,000 vote gap but she won't win.

ValeYard

Oct 25, 2017
I'm an idiot and let myself hope for a second tonight. But how could this election be anything but a disaster?
Yeah, Bercow is good on Sky.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just look at all the swings in non hard leave seats. Look at the presence. Look at the number of votes Labour got everywhere.
but the votes only matter insofar as they determine the seats. you can lose votes in seats with large majorities. but you cannot lose votes in marginal seats. and the seats they are losing are leave seats. i'm not pretending there was no Corbyn factor. but actually the pro-remain position helped contribute to the dislike of Corbyn. and no Labour leader with a pro-remain/pro-referendum position could have won this election. i know many people will never acknowledge that, but this should have been an election on scrutinizing the form Brexit takes and scrutinizing Johnson's deal. instead it became leave vs remain with a united leave side and a split remain vote. it's just nuts that people think that's all down to Corbyn

Shogun

Oct 27, 2017
England will go back to not giving a fuck about anti Semitism tomorrow once the media stops talking about it.

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
Channel 4 coverage is a car crash but in the best way possible because Boris Johnsons dad is exposing himself as a racist.

Status
Not open for further replies.