• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 4552

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some comments I'm reading here are quite disheartening - those implying that English people deserve this, or that we brought it on ourselves etc. I have personally been adamantly opposed to Brexit since day 1, did not vote Tory, and I know plenty of other people who are the same and are terrified right now of what might be coming. As an outsider looking in, it's easy to be dismissive, but please try and sympathise with the many individuals who hate the direction our country is moving in right now. There are many in England, and the broader UK, who utterly oppose what is happening and did everything they could to try and prevent this outcome.

Sorry but the UK affects Ireland and I can't be sorry for you anymore.

You the individual are fine.

But your country is a shower of uneducated bastards. The people who vote Tory deserve what they get.

Especially the working class.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
corbyn's gonna go. i doubt there will be any real introspection and it will solve anything for such a dumpster fire of a party. labour will fuck up every step of every direction of their next election too.

too many idiots in labour trip over themselves to fuck up every single time the media swing anti-conservative.

Yep, agreed. If the exit poll is right (and it seems that it is), I fully expect he'll resign tomorrow.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017

Just... speechless (can still type)
So Swinson may well be heading towards getting Clegg'd

That's what? 3 of the last 3 leaders [who weren't Vince Cable] who have completely fucked it. (5 for 5 on their leaders resigning in this century on very sour terms.)

and that's disregarding helping to inflict austerity on us, disregarding tuition fees, disregarding the misleading propaganda during this election

I don't ever want to hear about this fucking party ever again. In a just world, the Liberal Democrats have 0 seats.

Oct 25, 2017
CORBYN did this. Look at his fucking popularity numbers. It's been clear for nearly two years that he's a fucking massive anchor. Everyone with half a brain in Labour is now saying it was Corbyn who was turning off voters on the doorstep.
Whoever labour put up would have been smeared just the same as corbyn was. They would have trotted out some fucking routine

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
They would have lost a shit load more non hardline leave votes according to the fact that this has shown to be a brexit only election.

I don't believe in non-hardline leave voters. I think Tories and Brexit party to a smaller extend managed to grab all who care about getting Brexit done. I'm curious about the comparison between the total number of votes these two parties got and the Leave vote.

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London

Tempy

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why Labour, or any other party really, would ever need to campaign for Brexit. Brexit is a guaranteed worsening of the economic and social status of the vast majority of citizens. Shooting yourself in the foot is just bad policy.

Hazzuh

Oct 28, 2017
Labour-Government-Worries-1024x580.jpg

Ando

Apr 21, 2018
imo there are two delusions

the delusion from corbynites that it wasn't massively to do with corbyn's vast unpopularity and the toxic reaction to him outside of his base, and the delusion from remainers it wasn't massively to do with leavers having a backlash to the way remainers have acted since the referendum in 2016 and delaying brexit to try to push a second referendum.

you can't explain swings this huge without both

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
Shaun again:

you can say labour should have done this or that, but probably the truth is that just too many traditional labour voters want brexit to happen, regardless of the consequences. seems impossible to strategise around that problem. if you give in to them you lose the remain vote

Yeah, until Brexit is done the UK will be in the hands of the conservatives.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
The US didn't exactly cover itself in glory by electing Trump. Now go and take your baiting somewhere else.

Trump at least made an attempt to convey a anti-establishment/anti-globalisation message so he'd help the working class despite it being obvious bullshit. All Boris had was "Get Brexit done" whilst hiding in fridges and cowering from photos displaying the suffering his government caused. This is after Brexit's already caused the pound to free fall and jobs to leave the country.

The UK are 100% stupider than the US.

Mario Bilo

trying to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2018
He didn't "go far left" and the big factor here is Brexit and unpopularity caused by slander in seemingly neutral media. Fuck off with this kind of comment.
Yeah...No.

Sorry to be hurting your imaginary hero but dude was absolutely unelectable and anyone watching that wasn't a labor supporter knew that. The worst thing that happened to the UK labor party was May blowing the 2017 elections because then labor supporters suddenly thought what they had was working when in reality it was simply May being that bad.

Shogun

Oct 27, 2017
Some comments I'm reading here are quite disheartening - those implying that English people deserve this, or that we brought it on ourselves etc. I have personally been adamantly opposed to Brexit since day 1, did not vote Tory, and I know plenty of other people who are the same and are terrified right now of what might be coming. As an outsider looking in, it's easy to be dismissive, but please try and sympathise with the many individuals who hate the direction our country is moving in right now. There are many in England, and the broader UK, who utterly oppose what is happening and did everything they could to try and prevent this outcome.

I live in the North West, seen my home town utterly gutted by Thatcher in what was called a managed decline. Would never ever vote Tory and neither would any of my family or neighbours.

We deserve everything we are about to get and more. We can oppose as much as we want but we are the minority. People want this and have voted for it. Somewhere down the line it has to click that not enough people think like me and you. People are selfish, people lack empathy and the only thing they want is their Brexit.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't know why Labour, or any other party really, would ever need to campaign for Brexit. Brexit is a guaranteed worsening of the economic and social status of the vast majority of citizens. Shooting yourself in the foot is just bad policy.
it's just not true that a soft Brexit with remaining inside the single market and the customs union would do that. the economic effect would be very minor. the idea that Hard Brexit and Soft Brexit are identical is such a frustrating myth

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
I see America's future next year. Right wing is growing and doesn't seem to be slowing down.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Also can I say as an outsider in this election I am shocked at the performance of the BBC during this election and their repeated inability and unwillingness to call out lies of the Tory party. They're a disgrace.

The Emperor

Oct 25, 2017
Labour will lose 2024 too

No party has ever gained as many seats as they would to to win the next election

We may have 20 years of tory rule im total from 2010 before a change...

Tempy

Oct 25, 2017
it's just not true that a soft Brexit with remaining inside the single market and the customs union would do that. the economic effect would be very minor. the idea that Hard Brexit and Soft Brexit are identical is such a frustrating myth

It's not identical, but you're still way worse off than if you remained. Actively voting to regress economically and socially is simply baffling.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Fuck.

These are the things I anticipate:

1) the Tories to act as though the entire country loves them, ignore loser's consent entirely, and continue to be utterly contemptible shits

2) Labour to be riven by the classic sectarian bitterness the left has somehow nearly always managed to excel at

3) SNP to make a sad face sad face as they beep that truck up the high street and waaaaay outta sight (wtf am I talking about, drunk)

4) an already tires discourse of wailing about bubbles and echo chambers and how stupid/informed voters are all designed to make the speaker feel better about themselves

5) my life to continue to be good, because I am insulates by privilege and it's revoltingly unfair. Fuck the Tories and their knowing lies, their knowing condescension, their knowing mendacity, their knowing cruelty, their knowing viciousness, their failing upwards, their short termism, their lack of imagination

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Yeah...No.

Sorry to be hurting your imaginary hero but dude was absolutely unelectable and anyone watching that wasn't a labor supporter knew that. The worst thing that happened to the UK labor party was May blowing the 2017 elections because then labor supporters suddenly thought what they had was working when in reality it was simply May being that bad.

Sorry to have to point out the obvious thing these results are saying. The only chance a Labour candidate had is if they promised a swifter better Brexit whilst tearing down the Tory's inability to get one.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
Labour will lose 2024 too

No party has ever gained as many seats as they would to to win the next election

We may have 20 years of tory rule im total from 2010 before a change...
I wouldn't actually worry about that "rule" -- there aren't enough elections in modern times for a large enough sample size to take anything from this.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I'd like to remind people that Corbyn is hated because Murdoch wants him to be hated. Any left leaning leader in the UK would have gotten the same treatment. Tony Blair is the best you're allowed to get.

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to remind people that Corbyn is hated because Murdoch wants him to be hated. Any left leaning leader in the UK would have gotten the same treatment. Tony Blair is the best you're allowed to get.
Yep. Same shit worldwide wherever cunt News Corp has a foothold in whatever bastard guise it puts itself under.

It's Corbyn. It's always been the public's aversion to Corbyn.
Boris johnson hid in a fridge to avoid looking at sick children.

Status
Not open for further replies.