• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 5129

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The parents of my partner both voted conservative and it's gonna be really hard not to be passive aggressive as fuck when I meet them next time because they're actively making it harder for me to move to the UK to be with him.

Their god damn son works for the NHS, too lmao.

Semfry

Oct 25, 2017
XSHaeVl.jpg

This is why. For 15 years.

Whatever happens something absolutely needs to be done about this shit for the good of everyone. We're at the point where the fate of the world practically rests on it.

Oct 27, 2017
Just poured myself another Rye. Fucking can't deal With this.
My country has voted for racism. Fascism. The end of free health care. To widen the gap between rich and poor. I feel sick.

I have 9 & 12 year old boys. I can't even think about what their next decade looks like...

Nista

Oct 26, 2017
I feel for all of you guys over in the UK right now. It was the same sort of growing dread I felt on election night 2016.

Ya'll are always welcome to seek asylum in California.

Daemul

Dec 13, 2017
Scotland
Has anybody heard from Ruth Davidson yet?

If this result holds, Scotland would have done me proud tonight. Time for independence, this union is dead.

amanset

Oct 28, 2017
Also prepare for a whole generation of young people to be disillusioned with politics

I'm 45 and have only ever voted once. In 1997. In 1999 I left the country and at the time it was a pain in the arse to work out how to vote. Then Iraq and Afghanistan happened and I utterly lost my faith in politics. I regained it eventually, but I have now lost my vote in the UK.

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Indeed not, and Boris has already said that he won't allow a second referendum. Not quite sure where we go from here to be honest. Although if the SNP do end up returning 55 MPs then that may change things.

I just don't see Conservatives offering a referendum no matter how many MPs the SNP have. What convinced them back in 2014?

Dary

Oct 27, 2017
The English Wilderness
"Why did people vote to ma
So effectively was a political/strategic decision and likely wouldn't have made any real difference?
Well, the general public pretty much see Labour as a Remain party (they kept holding up Brexit in Parliament, talked about making a new deal when Boris already has one, wanted to hold a second referendum...) and look where that's gotten them.

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Racist piece of shit country. That's what it boils down to. You look at the rise in hate crimes over the past few years, it comes straight from the media and government. You see it in our sport as well, people dont care. They think they have the go ahead to do such things.

Andrew marr saying "the red war has fallen" there he is, peddling his commie bullshit.

VegiHam

Oct 25, 2017
I voted Labour (best of the bad bunch) but yikes, this thread.

Insulting others and telling people to "fuck off" is just as pathetic as the process itself. Get a grip.
This shit is literally life or death for a lot of people. Go be a smug moderate somewhere else and let them grieve in peace for one fucking evening mate.

Ando

Apr 21, 2018
i really think the story of this election, if the tories are on 46% like the exit poll suggests, is a right wing backlash to people trying to disrupt the result of the referendum either because they didn't like it or thought they would be advantaged by it....defended by a leader that was completely inadequate to the task of resisting it

Deleted member 31104

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I doubt btw the SNP will get 55. Too many close seats up here which could go either way. They'd have to either take Orkney (won't happen) or one of the border seats for that to happen.

Although if 55 is correct. I'd probably go Lib Dems: Orkney, Labour: Edinburgh South and Tories: Dumfrieshire and one of the Aberdeen seats.

Garfield

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Andrew on BBC saying with a big majority Boris will likely go for a softer Brexit

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
Every single country has such right-wing populist newspapers.
Not every country has one as vile and disgusting as the British press, if you're not keeping count, they've literally put out calls for the death of Corbyn on their front broadsheets.

Their ""impartial"" state broadcaster has been squarely on the side of the Tories this election.

Mortal Mario

Apr 15, 2019
UK
Now we get to find out just how bad things can get in the next 5 years. Nothing would surprise me sadly, really starting to think, with the impacts of climate change on the horizon, that stability and a relatively fairer society is an impossible dream of the past. It's hard wanting a better society when it feels like everyone in the country has embraced nihilism and selfishness. When the working class will lick the boots of Priti Patel it's hard to see any hope. Will the country wake up in 5 years or is that it now? Going to need to cut myself off from the news again for the sake of my mental health.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully some people ITT will self reflect about all the conspiratorial stuff they said about the polls being deliberately rigged etc. It's been deeply bizarre seeing dozens of posts promoting a random anonymous twitter account suggesting all the polls were wrong just because it was telling people what they wanted to hear.

Really. As an outsider the descent into madness was interesting to watch, but adopting anti-science discourse just because it serves your own purpose is not a good look no matter in what you believe.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah brexit is the tip of the iceberg here. There's nobody to stop them selling the NHS. Nobody to stop them giving tax cuts to the rich at the expense of the poor. They can literally do what they want for the next 5 years. And I'd be very surprised if they even stood a chance of being voted out 5 years from now since they'll blame all of it on the EU and people will buy it

Garjon

Oct 27, 2017
But yeah, Labour did not do enough on Brexit, full stop. I said this before the election and nothing changed. Brexit is the big issue and we should have gone full force on Boris' hypocrisy and bullshit on the issue but we idled along. Fuck this.

Corbyn has to go too. I do like the guy and his heart is certainly in the right place but he just cannot win in this political climate, he pissed off too many people, even though many couldn't even tell you why they hate him.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Had Corbyn stepped down prior to the 2017 election, Labour might have actually squeaked out a slim governing majority.

Instead, this happened.

Deleted member 21431

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The result may be bad enough, but the smug crowing of brain-dead fuckwits is gonna sting for some time too.

Meanwhile, Labour supporters may get to follow the worst result in living memory with 6-12 months of internal power struggles between New Labour and Corbynites. Again. Can't wait...
And New Labour need to win it. Better a New Labour future government than no Labour government.

Matt_

Oct 25, 2017
not enough beer in the world to get me through this evening
this is the darkest time line
Trump second term incoming too no doubt

GS_Dan

Oct 30, 2017
Moving abroad in May. Condolences to the huge number of people this result would fuck over if it comes to pass.

May 26, 2018
Yeah brexit is the tip of the iceberg here. There's nobody to stop them selling the NHS. Nobody to stop them giving tax cuts to the rich at the expense of the poor. They can literally do what they want for the next 5 years. And I'd be very surprised if they even stood a chance of being voted out 5 years from now since they'll blame all of it on the EU and people will buy it

Britain about to become a testicles-out, 21st century Dickensian hypernightmare. Jesus...

Status
Not open for further replies.