• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 28, 2017
Well that's the end of Corbyn. Labour needs far greater public figures if they're going to get back in. It's not about policies it's about being a figurehead, someone the average dickhead on the street can look up to and go 'yeah he seems sound'. People are just fucking thick and ignorant, constantly voting against their own interests. Only thing that saves the left is a strong charismatic leader. The current heirarchy needs a complete clear out. And fuck the media.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
0zEMy5d.jpg

Fuck.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Hopefully some people ITT will self reflect about all the conspiratorial stuff they said about the polls being deliberately rigged etc. It's been deeply bizarre seeing dozens of posts promoting a random anonymous twitter account suggesting all the polls were wrong just because it was telling people what they wanted to hear.

Of course we'll learn.

Just in time to forget for next election.

Krypta

Oct 29, 2017
Hey Dr Moderate was right, the YouGov poll was wrong. Just in the wrong direction.

368 Tory seats is outside the margin of error.

excowboy

Oct 29, 2017
The result may be bad enough, but the smug crowing of brain-dead fuckwits is gonna sting for some time too.

Meanwhile, Labour supporters may get to follow the worst result in living memory with 6-12 months of internal power struggles between New Labour and Corbynites. Again. Can't wait...

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck happened?

I know I've been in a bubble but that's a huuuuuge loss.

Has there ever been an exit poll that's way off? Please?

bawjaws

Oct 28, 2017
Not entirely sure how the process of Scottish independence is expected to go, it's not something the SNP can start by themselves.
Indeed not, and Boris has already said that he won't allow a second referendum. Not quite sure where we go from here to be honest. Although if the SNP do end up returning 55 MPs then that may change things.

Lo-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
New Yawk City!
That is an awful result for Labour after years of at least running down the Cons to a minority status. How Labour and the entire left respond will be interesting. If this exit poll is right, it's hard to see Corbyn or McDonnell staying - but much of the party's machinery supported Corbyn since 2015. Isn't the party going to have some bloodletting once they depart?

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Work has a private health care plan, I've never signed up for it because I never thought I'd need it with the NHS but right now it feels like I'm going to have to soon.

Kay

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Well that's the end of Corbyn. Labour needs far greater public figures if they're going to get back in. It's not about policies it's about being a figurehead, someone the average dickhead on the street can look up to and go 'yeah he seems sound'. People are just fucking thick and ignorant, constantly voting against their own interests. Only thing that saves the left is a strong charismatic leader. The current heirarchy needs a complete clear out. And fuck the media.
this will literally never happen with how the media is produced in the UK, sorry.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Good to know America doesn't have a monopoly on fucking stupid.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Is there anywhere to see the exit poll results on a constituency basis?

fhqwhgads

Oct 28, 2017
I was thinking that once the NHS gets sold off and the health care prices skyrocket there'd be riots in the streets, but given the result I think the british public is so fucking stupid they'll just suck it up and go "It's worth it for Brexit!!!"

SuperSah

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I voted Labour (best of the bad bunch) but yikes, this thread.

Insulting others and telling people to "fuck off" is just as pathetic as the process itself. Get a grip.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
The result may be bad enough, but the smug crowing of brain-dead fuckwits is gonna sting for some time too.

Meanwhile, Labour supporters may get to follow the worst result in living memory with 6-12 months of internal power struggles between New Labour and Corbynites. Again. Can't wait...

The Corbynistas just had their legs cut off by the historic awfulness of result. They have lost any authority within the party.

Labour needs to focus on winning, they need people and policies that can win. Nothing else matters. Once you get in you can do whatever you want and throw your manifesto in the bin, as always happens. But they have to win power.

Sasliquid

Oct 25, 2017
I think people just like Boris (and are racist)

Also prepare for a whole generation of young people to be disillusioned with politics

amanset

Oct 28, 2017
I'm sorry, but at this point I want the Uk to fail and fail really fucking badly. Because the only way to fix the country is for it fail so badly major change is the only way it can be fixed.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
That is an awful result for Labour after years of at least running down the Cons to a minority status. How Labour and the entire left respond will be interesting. If this exit poll is right, it's hard to see Corbyn or McDonnell staying - but much of the party's machinery supported Corbyn since 2015. Isn't the party going to have some bloodletting once they depart?

Someone on here talked about it being something of a unity candidate rather than a moderate or a Corbyn successor.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United Ireland first, Independent Scotland later. Hundred of thousands dead. More Windrush. The EU finally able to plan ahead.
This will have repercussions all over.
Hope other countries have been watching.

RellikSK

Nov 1, 2017
Corbyn should have stepped down in 2017, he could have ended his political career on a high note, let someone who has less baggage takeover.

Status
Not open for further replies.