• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Falldog

Oct 28, 2017
The union is fucked. Brexit really has broken everything. Outside of the Tories and UKIP, nobody gave a shite about being part of the EU before the referendum, and now leaving come any cost has become the priority - for absolutely no reason at all.

I fully expect Scottish independence in my lifetime.

Dary

Oct 27, 2017
The English Wilderness
Absolutely. Catastrophic result for Labour, he has to go.

I think this is another example of how 'bubbled' the net can be. So much positivity on twitter about high turnouts and high youth turnout. Unless so many of the same demo actually swung behind the Tories in the end...
Not just the net, but communities in general. Rural are Urban England are like completely different countries. The dissonance between those who live in the major cities, and those who live well outside them, cannot be overstated enough.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
How did it go so bad? I really thought labour was in a better position than last election.
Youth vote hiding from the weather, Tory making the right call by playing musical chairs with leaders, repeat the lie actually working, people being blinded by how good Corbyn actually is and not seeing his favorables for what they are: an anchor.

Deleted member 31104

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I can't see how Labour survive this. Their membership will install someone from Corbyn's wing and they'll get nowhere. England is a centre right country, you can't run from the left.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Was always expecting a Tory majority but didn't expect it to be that big.

Yeah was expecting a small majority, hoping the estimate is still waited badly, but looks like I will seriously look at working abroad next year. I'd at least hope this gives labour the chance to get someone better than Corbyn

Ando

Apr 21, 2018
labour get hammered in every leave area, which are massively more important under FPTP

wHy WaSnT LaBOur MorE rEmaIn

Xevross

Oct 28, 2017
I'm on the brink of tears. Our union is over, brexit is happening, our NHS is in serious danger, thousands are going to die. Fuck this shit.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
people in this thread totally misreading this result. any Labour leader would have struggled with this Brexit position. Labour are going to get hit most in the most Brexit-supporting seats. i'm afraid to say I think the second referendum position, right or wrong, has put off many voters and prevented scrutiny of the specific deal on offer. it probably would have been better for Labour to stick to the soft Brexit position

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
labour get hammered in every leave area, which are massively more important under FPTP

wHy WaSnT LaBOur MorE rEmaIn
I mean, doesn't that show that reaching out to leave was a waste? Like, Tories didn't lose all their remain voters despite being very clearly hard Brexit.

MLH

Oct 26, 2017
Boris Johnson. Michael Gove. Priti Patel. Jacob Rees-Mogg. James Cleverly. Sajid Javid. Dominic Raab.

How? How the fuck can you vote for these people?

Yep, after everything we've seen from the conservatives. Avoiding climate change debates, avoid difficult debates, outright lies and deceptions. All the shitty horrible things we know about Boris - his homophobic, poor hating, misogynistic, racist language - and people think "yeah I like to see him lead our country". People are fucking monsters.

Deleted member 10612

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Dismissive Commentary Over Multiple Posts in a Sensitive Thread
The youth is tweeting an memeing instead of voting. Now it feels like Brexit is the will of the people . Get it done quick.

Tickling

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Trolling and antagonizing other users in a sensitive thread
this is brilliant news. So happy. Brexit done. Corbyn gone. Labour can recover.

jo Swinson is also in trouble

Muitnorts

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well this is way fucking worse than I thought it would be…
Here's to driving the country straight off a cliff!

Masquerader

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Jeez. Well, once again and as per usual, the English are every bit as dumb as I thought. Still. I'm so sorry to the sane among you.

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
Poor UK. Poor Corbyn.

He should've campaign on mostly a pro-remain message and probably would've gotten at least a hung parliament, but oh well.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, doesn't that show that reaching out to leave was a waste? Like, Tories didn't lose all their remain voters despite being very clearly hard Brexit.
There was no clear Remain party though, which means that Tories could sneak by in those Remain seats through a plurality.

Deleted member 21431

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm surprised anyone is surprised. Corbyn was always gonna drag them down due to the campaign against him. He should have stepped down years ago fairly or not.
I said the same but was shot down in this very thread for saying it. Corbyn lost to Teresa May of all people, so he was gonna loose to anyone who was better at campaigning. He should have stepped down and let someone else have a go.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
people in this thread totally misreading this result. any Labour leader would have struggled with this Brexit position. Labour are going to get hit most in the most Brexit-supporting seats. i'm afraid to say I think the second referendum position, right or wrong, has put off many voters and prevented scrutiny of the specific deal on offer. it probably would have been better for Labour to stick to the soft Brexit position

I think in these political circumstances a Labour majority is impossible, no matter the leader. Brexit has totally divided their base. But a different leader would almost certainly have done better than Michael Foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.