• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

UK Sweet Supremacy

• Jaffa Cakes

Votes: 193 55.3%
  • Jammie Dodgers

Votes: 63 18.1%
  • Jam Tarts

Votes: 28 8.0%
  • None, I was always more of a chocolate fellow: Cadbury, Maltesers, Aero

Votes: 42 12.0%
  • None, Apple pie is more my style

Votes: 10 2.9%
  • Fig Rolls and other stuff

Votes: 13 3.7%

• Total voters

Lightjolly

Oct 30, 2019

Jamiedodger.jpg

Easy-Jam-Tarts-2.jpg

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
Am brit and I honestly think all 3 are bad so errr the chocolate option I guess??

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Lemon curd/blackberry jam tarts are brought down by the other flavour, so Jaffa cakes win. Jammie dodgers aren't anything special and not worthy.

zuf

Oct 25, 2017
Chocolate digestives or hobnobs.

Can't remember the last time I had a jam tart. Out of those options, probably a jaffa cake.

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
I had a Jaffa Cake for the first time a few months ago and do not wish to repeat the experience.

OP
OP
Lightjolly

Lightjolly

Oct 30, 2019
I'm seriously going to be the only Jam tart guy here? Fine more for me, jaffa cakes have nothing on Jam Tarts with custard

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
It's Jaffa Cakes and it's not even close. I don't even get why it's a question.

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
I don't like jaffa cakes so I'll probably go with jam tarts of the 3, don't really buy or have any of them often though.

Funny thing is despite be telling my mum every year I don't like jaffa cakes before Xmas, for my entire teenager years she'd buy me and my brothers those giant tubes of them as one of our gifts and I'd just give to my brothers instead. The next year I'd warn her way before Xmas I don't like them but same again haha.

Gawge

Oct 27, 2017
Jaffa cakes are good, the others are good in your mind and always disappointing when you end up having them on some spread at a party.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Jaffa cakes by a country mile but there is better than those three for a sweet snack.

Patriiick

Oct 31, 2018
Grimsby, GB
Pies and jam tarts shouldn't even be in a poll with biscuits(or tiny cakes, if we're talking Jaffa cakes).

Edit* Also, lime Jaffa Cakes are/were far superior to regular Jaffas. Haven't seen them in the shops for about 10 years though. Jaffa cakes are still bang average though.

Omoi

May 7, 2019
jammy dodgers and jam tarts are always incredibly disappointing affairs, you always get something a lot dryer than you're expecting.

Jaffa cakes all the way, but really they're not even in the same conversation.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Thus is the way of the world:

Chocolate Digestives > Jammie Dodgers > Pink Wafers > Nice Biscuits > Chocolate Bourbons > whatever

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Pies and jam tarts shouldn't even be in a poll with biscuits(or tiny cakes, if we're talking Jaffa cakes).

Edit* Also, lime Jaffa Cakes are/were far superior to regular Jaffas. Haven't seen them in the shops for about 10 years though. Jaffa cakes are still bang average though.
They've actually just started bringing these back again this year, worth keeping an eye out next time you are in the supermarket!

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Jaffa Cakes for me though. Jammie Dodgers have always been a bit crap, and Jam tarts are only nice when it's a pack with one single strawberry flavour and lemon curd.

My favourite biscuit overall are Maryland double choc chip cookies though.

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
Bourbon creams are definitely one of the rare things that get worse the better made/better ingredients are that they're made of.
The cheaper they are the tastier they are, that's just a fact.
Absolutely, pence per biscuit they are the best, and taste the best too.

Dry, dipped in milk, or crushed and sprinkled on ice crean, either way, amazing!