• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
Hiya!! /Wave

I live nearish to Notre dame school / Sainsbury if you know that area! Nothing much close really which is why I always go to earlham / whitlingham, always have since we moved here.
Yeah fair enough, you are literally at the point with no park! Chapelfield Gardens would be your closest, I guess.

gerg

Oct 25, 2017
Shame that the official figures are starting to become increasingly unreliable. Shorter reporting period, and extra conditions on report a covid-19 death (permission from relatives to +1 the figures).

Even after all the measures that have been introudce over the past week, the UK gov still feels the needi to manipulate the data.

The shorter reporting period was only for yesterday's figures (which were from 9am until 5pm on Tuesday). Today's figures represent deaths from 5pm on Tuesday until 5pm yesterday.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
Shame that the official figures are starting to become increasingly unreliable. Shorter reporting period, and extra conditions on report a covid-19 death (permission from relatives to +1 the figures).

Even after all the measures that have been introudce over the past week, the UK gov still feels the needi to manipulate the data.

Has the bolded actually been confirmed?

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
Azraes Cheers for the post, I've bookmarked it to read later.

As for the tax dodging... not really. You just need to have done the right amount of tax dodging. Anyone that went crazy with expenses or didn't declare all their earnings is onto a winner here. Anyone that's fully honest and kept expenses to a minimum could very well be fucked (as they'll exceed the hard cap).

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Anyone who's been doing a bunch of cash in hand work is about to get bitten in the arse by their tax dodging.

I know some people that have a couple of cleaning jobs on the side just to make ends meet. It's not as black and white as it seems. It's not like the guy up the road that doesn't pay tax and drives a range rover, some people rely on that small bit of income on the side to buy food/provide for their kids.

pulsemyne

Oct 30, 2017
Loads of it around my part of swansea as well. Amazing stuff. All my neighbors were out clapping etc. People even set off fireworks. Lovely!

softfocus

Oct 30, 2017
Loads of clapping and cheering here in north london
I wondered what was going on haha. I looked out my balcony to a row of people randomly whooping and cheering.
It's a nice gesture but I feel those people always showed us respect. Tomorrow, I'll still get a load of abuse from the other people who think this is a Chinese flu, and we're lazy no nothings.

Bunga

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
That was actually quite an amazing moment really, something I will remember for a long, long time. My entire street out clapping near Skipton, North Yorkshire

Oct 27, 2017
Cynical old me was expecting this to be the usual twee Facebook shite, but our whole community was out clapping. Predominately older bunch too. What a wonderfully surprising moment.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't hear any applauding, but I recorded my gratitude and sent it to my mum who's come back from her shift. :)

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Loads of clapping and cheering along our road but had no idea it was even a thing - wondered what was going on. Was cooking dinner otherwise would have ventured out.

Qasiel

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I was upstairs changing my son into his nightclothes and heard my wife clapping. I opened the bedroom window and a lot of my street were also doing it and there were a few fireworks too.

I'm pretty cynical myself, but I thought this was nice.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't know this was a thing until after it happened, was very confused by all the clapping outside lol

Vert boil

Oct 27, 2017
blackpool, england
The twats over the train track that are noisy fucking shits when england play pulled out the cunting vuvuzela...
mustard31yy6.gif

Oct 27, 2017
Hey England, maybe you could support your NHS workers by not voting for the cunting Tories when loads of them are telling you about the damage that cuts are doing to the service.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Had no idea. Wondered why there were a bunch of fireworks going off, thought it was just a load of plonkers acting like it was Summer or something like they have been all day - kids screaming, lawn mowers, bonfires etc.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Hey England, maybe you could support your NHS workers by not voting for the cunting Tories when loads of them are telling you about the damage that cuts are doing to the service.
Yeah, a lot of this 'support' comes accross as pretty insipid considering how many people have voted Tory over the last decade. I mean, I wouldn't judge anyone here for supporting the NHS in any way they like because we pretty much unanimously vote Labour here but my god, most of these people signalling their support are just doing it for the 'Gram.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Heard a lot of clapping and people were out front. Humanity still clinging on. Good stuff. Paying them more money and getting the right equipment would be nice to see from the government though.

Last edited:

Slair

Oct 27, 2017
Just found out the new Coronavirus maternity rules. Seems I'm not allowed to be in the hospital until my girlfriend goes in to labour and after the baby is born I'm not allowed to stay. They've closed the infirmary that is in the same town as me so I'll need to wait in the house which is a 45 minute drive from the hospital where she'll be having it. She's due at the beginning of may so hopefully things have eased by then or she doesn't go early.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, that's my take too. Everyone in my street was clapping and cheering. I live in a super Tory stronghold. Obviously not all the cheers came from Tory voters, but... kindly fuck off, all of them.

Oct 30, 2017
Saw some abuse towards ASDA staff first hand today. Some guys were told they had to queue to get in the shop since they were limiting how many people were in at once and they told the employee that she looks like she has cancer and if she doesn't - they hope she does.
She seemed to take it in her stride but it's still a sad thing to see.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Saw some abuse towards ASDA staff first hand today. Some guys were told they had to queue to get in the shop since they were limiting how many people were in at once and they told the employee that she looks like she has cancer and if she doesn't - they hope she does.
She seemed to take it in her stride but it's still a sad thing to see.

surely that's an immediate banning from the store?

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
Just found out the new Coronavirus maternity rules. Seems I'm not allowed to be in the hospital until my girlfriend goes in to labour and after the baby is born I'm not allowed to stay. They've closed the infirmary that is in the same town as me so I'll need to wait in the house which is a 45 minute drive from the hospital where she'll be having it. She's due at the beginning of may so hopefully things have eased by then or she doesn't go early.
That stinks, and it's sad to think how this overshadows what should be a very special time, but keep reminding yourself that you're saving lives by following these rules, and you'll have a baby home before you know it.