• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shibata100

Oct 29, 2017
Not looking forward to the police targeting me everytime I am going to work. As an ethnic minority more police on the street doesn't make me feel comfortable.

NeonCarbon

Oct 28, 2017
Hope the British public can understand. A lot of "Should" not enough "Must", and not enough restrictions on "essential work".

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
This was needed going by some of the photos and videos of the last few days like idiots descending on caravan parks etc.

Mackenzie

Apr 21, 2019
Brighton
"there will come a moment when no health service in the world could possibly cope because there won't be enough ventilators, enough intensive care beds, enough doctors and nurses"

Politicing that in there before anyone notices ours collapses faster than comparable nations. What a fucking cunt of a man. That leaves me with no confidence at all.

VE3TRO

Oct 25, 2017
ESSEX, UK
Eh atleast something is being done but I'm sure loads will still go out, not enough police to get people.

Got a funeral this Wednesday so kinda glad thats not been included.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
The right, but vastly overdue, call made by a government that has handled every moment of this pandemic horribly.

Even though I'm out of work, and I'm usually more than used to staying at home for long stretches of time, and even though I agree with this lockdown, I'm still pretty scared and panicky right now.

AdemoN

Nov 20, 2017
Wales
My car is due for an MOT tomorrow. No idea if I'm allowed to take it in or not!

Edit: To be clear, I agree with the shut down though

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
So I'm living on my own. I need that jog every day otherwise I am literally going to go crazy.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Hope the British public can understand. A lot of "Should" not enough "Must", and not enough restrictions on "essential work".
I did think there were too many "get out clauses". If the police stop someone and they say "I'm exercising" what do they do? So it seems people can just go out as they wish and unless you get caught twice in a day, nothing happens.

Hope I'm wrong though and that this will be effective.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm seeing a lot of "Well, he didn't say lockdown so it's not official" from people trying to skirt about this.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
I can't work from home. Only go to the shops once a week. Other than that I haven't been going out.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
In two weeks time when I need to return my son to his mother in another part of the country I'm assuming I will be allowed to do this?

Nov 14, 2017
Yeah... the wording of that makes me think that you only stay home if you can work from home. This is nothing then?
No, stay at home unless your work is strictly necessary. They will be shutting down non-essential workplaces. They've already shut down non-essential shops. They are passing a law this week that will give them all the power they need to go anywhere and shut anything down.

metalgear89

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What else can you do? too many dumb asses out there. They will go to the supermarket to panic buy and hoarde because they are scared they will need to isolate if they catch it, then on the other hand they will go out to the pub or some park to socialize. Neanderthals never went extinct they are still among us.

Cronen

Oct 27, 2017
This is a rather stressful time to be in the middle of a house purchase and needing to vacate my current property (and put all of my belongings in to storage) at the end of April.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not looking forward to the police targeting me everytime I am going to work. As an ethnic minority more police on the street doesn't make me feel comfortable.
Can you carry any proof just to ease things along? I'd probably do that if I had to travel due to work. Can your boss/HR provide a email/letter for you to carry, helps you and helps the police to go after people violating the order.

This is a rather stressful time to be in the middle of a house purchase and needing to vacate my current property (and put all of my belongings in to storage) at the end of April.

Sorry to hear that.

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
HRMC are doing some sort of portal to log in they will take your average wage from 4-8 weeks to figure out what you will be paid. I been told more details next few days but I'm under PAYe could be different
That's only for PAYE. Those of us that are self assessment can claim some pittance equivalent to SSP... and that's it.

They're making it so we don't have to pay our taxes in July... which is basically irrelevant as many of us aren't earning anything anyway!

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Well, it's not a happy decision to make but a necessary one at this time (And arguably should have been made ages ago). Now I just gotta hold on for several weeks to see if me or my family came into contact with anyone.

The shopping is still going to be a brutal loophole though, lots of people will be shopping at all hours to get what they need unless the delivery slots open up.