• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CeeCee

Oct 25, 2017

The Conservatives have been plunged into controversy after a video showed a minister grab and manhandle a protester who disrupted the chancellor's Mansion House speech.

Police began looking into the incident on Thursday night after footage seemed to show Mark Field pushing the female Greenpeace activist against a pillar and grabbing her neck. There were calls for Field to lose his position as a Foreign Office minister. In a statement, he apologised to the woman and said he would refer himself to the Cabinet Office over the incident.

Video of the incident:

Fuck this thug. He should be sacked and face charges.

Ian

Oct 27, 2017
Kent, UK
Reminder that a guy got 150 hours unpaid work for throwing a milkshake at Farage. I'm going to assume this guy gets away with a slap on the wrist.

Oct 29, 2017
Good thing he didn't throw a milkshake or the right would have had to condemn! Can't be throwing milkshakes but can just grab people by the throat.

Deleted member 31104

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
The rights defense is that she could have been armed or a threat. Notice how she calmly walks past a row of folks who don't seem to be fearful at all.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Some people (quite a lot) are defending this. It is assault. Pure and simple. Looks to me like he gets off on it too. Imagine what he's like in private?

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
In a statement Field said he reacted "instinctively" and had been "genuinely worried" that the protestor may be armed. He said he "grasped the intruder firmly in order to remove her from the room as swiftly as possible", adding: "I deeply regret this episode and unreservedly apologise to the lady concerned for grabbing her but in the current climate I felt I needed to act decisively to close down the threat to the safety of those present".
Dude is full of shit.

Last month, Field delivered a speech at a Westminster Hall debate in which he decried violence against and intimidation of female activists across the world.

Mark Field MP @MarkFieldUK

The UK remains committed to helping women all over the world to feel safe and protected in the work they do, so they can speak freely and be part of the change we all want. My remarks at the Westminster Hall Debate on Women Human Rights Defenders. https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2019-05-07/debates/3C9476AD-C53B-4067-B576-07D632EE846E/WomenHumanRightsDefenders …

6:23 AM - May 9, 2019

Oct 28, 2017
Dude is full of shit.

Mark Field MP @MarkFieldUK

The UK remains committed to helping women all over the world to feel safe and protected in the work they do, so they can speak freely and be part of the change we all want. My remarks at the Westminster Hall Debate on Women Human Rights Defenders. https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2019-05-07/debates/3C9476AD-C53B-4067-B576-07D632EE846E/WomenHumanRightsDefenders …

6:23 AM - May 9, 2019

What a fucking arsepiece. If you fear someone has a weapon, you go for the fucking wrists and restrain those. What's he trying to do, some Vulcan nerve pinch? Is he afraid the lassie was Glaswegian and would headbutt him?

Sack the cunt.

iapetus

Oct 26, 2017
What a fucking arsepiece. If you fear someone has a weapon, you go for the fucking wrists and restrain those. What's he trying to do, some Vulcan nerve pinch? Is he afraid the lassie was Glaswegian and would headbutt him?

Sack the cunt.

To be fair to him, he did go for the wrists at times.

Having seen how dangerous he can be even unarmed, surely any time he walks into a room anyone in there ought to be justified in slamming him against the wall, grabbing him by the neck and marching him out again. Because, you know, he might be preparing to assault someone.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
"But what if she had a weapon?!"

Glad that's the new standard now, all attacks can be claimed as self-defence. Ridiculous.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
Toris are so used to killing hundreds of thousands of British citizens via austerity and fucking up the benefits and housing systems, what's a little assault to them?

Status
Not open for further replies.