• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Geobros

Dec 31, 2018
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX is No.1 in this week's UK physical retail charts.

The boxed version of the Nintendo Switch game beats out Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, which drops to No.2.

Digital download data is not included in the charts.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX is a remake of the very original games in the Mystery Dungeon series, which was released on Game Boy Advance (Red version) and Nintendo DS (Blue version) back in 2006. Those games reached No.14 and No.34 respectively.

The last game in the series was Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon, which was released in February 2016 on Nintendo 3DS and reached No.9. Compared to that game, this new title's debut sales are 37.6% larger.

It is one of four Nintendo Switch exclusives in the Top Ten, the others being Minecraft (No.7), Mario Kart 8: Deluxe (No.8) and Luigi's Mansion 3 (No.10).

Last week's big new release, Two Point Hospital, drops from No.2 to No.6 with a 69% fall in sales week-on-week.

1 Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX
2 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
3 Grand Theft Auto 5
4 FIFA 20
5 Tom Clancy's The Division 2
6 Two Point Hospital
7 Minecraft (Switch)
8 Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
9 Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy
10 Luigi's Mansion 3

www.gamesindustry.biz

UK Charts: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon debuts at No.1

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX is No.1 in this week's UK physical retail charts.The boxed version of the Ninte…

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
whoa! great debut for PMD.

edit: also great legs for luigi's mansion and crash trilogy. the latter has been charting for like 3 years now...

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
This gives me hope for remakes of the Explorers games too, even if the heights of the DS titles(5m+) wont be reached by this remake.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
I think Mystery Dungeon worldwide sales will exceed a lot of expectations. Helps that it's a great remake.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
if TPC was seeing if the series still had life, then it's more Vita than the Vita. I guess a new game will be fast tracked

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Strong opening for Mystery Dungeon- I'm enjoying the remake a lot, and this is an encouraging return for the series. Hope it does well enough to show interest in a new entry.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Doubt it. It's a very slow week and time of year so didn't take much to get to number one compared to Pokémon games releasing closer to the holiday season previously.

It at least opened higher than the last one on 3DS though I doubt it performed super well. Seems a decent enough performance but as always tells us nothing without legs.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Time for a new game or remake of Explorers down the line. Want all the remixes.
SI_NDS_PokemonMysteryDungeonExplorersOfSky_image1600w.jpg

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
The power of Pokemon!

Great results for Two Point Hospital... amazing that is been on the physical chart for two weeks now. Us Brits love Theme Hospital!

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Holy frick, is this the first time PMD did this the week after launch? I don't remember GTI or Super doing this. Pretty bewildered and happy to see newcomers enjoying the game.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Expecting Pokémon MD DX to cross 1m by the end of March (we'll know at the end of April either way).

I have a lot of fun with the game, visual style is great and it lends itself very well to short burst sessions.

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I know I bought it when I normally wouldn't have because there's been such a lack of releases since the holidays.

Gnorman

Banned
Jan 14, 2018
I'd like to think Two Point Hospital has done fairly well at retail but it's impossible to say without numbers.