• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...19-retains-no-1-as-darksiders-iii-makes-no-32

More in the article. Quotes:

FIFA 19, Red Dead Redemption 2 and Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 continue to perform strongly post-Black Friday.

FIFA 19 retains No.1, with a 39 per cent drop in sales week-on-week. Red Dead Redemption 2 rises to No.2 (sales down 24 per cent), swapping place with Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 at No.3 (down 64 per cent).

The new game of the week is Darksiders III, which debuts at No.32. The game has sold 84 per cent less than the last Darksiders II, and more than 70 per cent below the original title. Those games were released in 2010 and 2012, where the digital market was significantly smaller (again, download sales are not counted).

Meanwhile, the Pokémon Let's Go games for Nintendo Switch continue to perform very strongly. Although not technically 'mainline' games in the franchise, they are the first major Pokémon titles for Nintendo's new platform. When they launched three weeks ago, the combined sales were five per cent down compared with the opening week sales of the first Pokémon games on 3DS (X and Y). Three weeks in, and Let's Go is now tracking eight per cent ahead of X and Y. Note: Pokémon X and Y was released a year later in the 3DS' lifecycle, so the install base was higher.

Last edited:

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not a great start for Darksiders 3 but it doesn't mean that the franchise is doomed. UK sales aren't even a huge piece of total sales and the game didn't have a large budget either. I believe the team said they would be happy if they sold 100,000 copies so that seems doable.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
DS3 IS AT FUCKING NUMBER 32?
I don't think I've ever seen a new AAA release be this low in its first week in the charts.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
That LGPE news is music to my ears.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So that mean LGP/E are well over 200k at retail now. Whew that's a good performance right there.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Word of mouth is helping Pokémon it seems (that or a bigger uptick in Switch sales with Smash releasing). FIFA was discounted pretty heavily right? Is the revenue chart any different?

Malek

Feb 15, 2018
Darskiders 3 would've performed better if it was priced accordingly to 30-40$, releasing a budget AA title like this one at full price is suicide

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Darksiders 3 only just sold over 5k packaged copies

Frobary

Oct 28, 2017
Forza Horizon 4 on Xbox One is at No.5, and is one of the standout performers of the season. It's been out nine weeks, and sales are 18 per cent up compared with the first nine weeks of Forza Horizon 3 (released in 2016).

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
h50B3AFC3.gif

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Fascinated to see the BFV digital sales in the UK....its retail drop of 48% suggests that there is some word of mouth effect going on. The game is the best Battlefield this generation - I think that this game won't get near BF1's sales (which truth be told are an outlier for the series) but will have strong legs especially if the tides of war content is strong and becomes a little more frequent.

FH4 - no surprises. This was always going to be an absolutely runaway success for MS. Playground really have hit this series out of the park. FH4 is the best entry too. Well deserved.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm predicting around 100k sales for Smash next week, dunno how that compares to previous entries. And I'm predicting that the PS Classic will do OK, good first week but will taper off to the extent it'll be an afterthought very quickly.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Surely this is the biggest flop of the year right? Didn't old THQ die because a darksiders didn't sell enough?
No idea what gave you that idea. THQ died because they invested a shitload of money into uDraw and it bombed.

Darksiders 3 probably didn't have the kind of budget to even be in contention for biggest flop of the year.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Forza Horizon 4 on Xbox One is at No.5, and is one of the standout performers of the season. It's been out nine weeks, and sales are 18 per cent up compared with the first nine weeks of Forza Horizon 3 (released in 2016).

Yaaass!!

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Also is anyone else seeing the similar threads things below and having themselves a wry chuckle? I know I am.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium

Nice! Wanted to share this tweet as well (not sure if there's a thread on it or if it's been posted already):

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Buy Hitman 2 you heathens!

I really hope it did well digitally ;____;

Carlius

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Darksiders 3 does not deserve to be that low at all...fucking amazing game and shitty ass reviewers bashing it all over the place. then they give call of doodies 10/10.