• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Days Gone with the UK upset.
tenor.gif

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Honestly, if the 40-50k estimate is true, that doesn't seem super high to me, at least not for a tentpole exclusive like this, even if you do consider a higher digital average.

Last edited:

Psrock1

Oct 27, 2017
People forgot how many were disappointed by Days Gone first week numbers, Gow first week, Spider man first week. We are aways disappointed.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, said this earlier but I can't see Sony being happy with this. And these are the opening sales, let see what happens in the weeks to come, if it falls into oblivion the wow, I'm not sure.
They should be happy they just released their most innovative game in a while that's taken up so much mindshare

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
People forgot how many were disappointed by Days Gone first week numbers, Gow first week, Spider man first week. We are aways disappointed.

No?

Spider-Man was like unquestionably good. The other were too really.

This is just like a step down from all those games (and several steps in the case of SM), and it's interesting to discuss why.

Godzilla24

Nov 12, 2017
Death stranding sales are underwhelming especially after all the hype. There was video of a huge line in London that was always passed around as a sign of future sales.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So 2 of the biggest new ip this year are :

Days gone and death stranding?

Congrats to Sony

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
No?

Spider-Man was like unquestionably good. The other were too really.

This is just like a step down from all those games (and several steps in the case of SM), and it's interesting to discuss why.
Umm no people where down on both Days Gone and God Of war. He is not talking about the sales being bad but people reactions. Its funny how Days Gone is all of a sudden put on a pedestal now.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
As generic as I thought days gone looked from all of the previews, I enjoyed the hell out of that game.

Also I feel like it's been forever since I've played it and keep forgetting it came out this year lol

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yup, said this earlier but I can't see Sony being happy with this. And these are the opening sales, let see what happens in the weeks to come, if it falls into oblivion the wow, I'm not sure.
This post will not age well in few days when they reveal the world wide sold figure ;)

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Umm no people where down on both Days Gone and God Of war. He is not talking about the sales being bad but people reactions. Its funny how Days Gone is all of a sudden put on a pedestal now.

That was definitely a thing that happened sure. I think GoW was because the sales were not as good straight away as they were in the US, since GoW has traditionally not been all that popular here which is something Sony admitted IIRC. Can't really explain the DG reaction though rationally since the numbers were decent.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Was anyone really expecting Death Stranding to sell less during it's first week than Luigi's Mansion 3 did in the UK?

is this real? also ds didn't break 50k? That's bad for a Sonytentpole in November. It's pretty much flopped?

i predicted 100k in the other thread. I really overestimated the Norman Reedus Sony marketing.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
There were retail shortages and a lot of people on the fence as well so 2 days isn't gonna give that accurate a picture imo

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
In the end, the walkers beat Daryl Dixon after all.

fucking LOL

Let's not pretend Death Stranding wasn't one of the biggest gaming phenomenons of the year.

If you say so? I'm not like anti-Kojima/DS or anything but from the outside looking in the game has like zero mainstream appeal. Compared to zombies? Cmon lol I'm not even trying to downplay the game, just that it makes perfect sense to see a game like Days Gone over DS.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
is this real? also ds didn't break 50k? That's bad for a Sonytentpole in November. It's flopped.

Nah DS sold more than LM3 based on the article- 2nd biggest exclusive of the year behind only DG. It was close though, and yeah using percentages drop from DG it was less than 50k.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
If you say so? I'm not like anti-Kojima/DS or anything but from the outside looking in the game has like zero mainstream appeal. Compared to zombies? Cmon lol I'm not even trying to downplay the game, just that it makes perfect sense to see a game like Days Gone over DS.

This. Sony isn't dumb, I would be surprised if they thought DS is gonna sell 10M+ like their other big sucesses this gen. Mind you not like Days Gone is there, but Days Gone certainly captured the mainstream more from what I could tell.

(watch me eat my words if does sell 10M WW lol, loving the game btw)

Kingdizzi

Banned
Aug 11, 2019
These don't seem like great numbers, Sony bent backwards for Kojima and it will be interesting to see if the return is worth it. I can't see this game having cost less than Days Gone to develop, Kojima got actors that must have cost a pretty penny and used a lot of resources like GG and what not.

I'm playing the game and I think it is just terrible, I'm sure people enjoy it but I don't see the game having the appeal of something like Days Gone so legs will probably be a pretty big issue. Something like Days Gone was unpolished and had some bizarre design decisions but overall was fun to play, Death Stranding is gorgeous, polished but a chore to play. I'm more curious about if Sony will bother with Kojima again, I somehow doubt it.

Oct 26, 2017
Huh, I'd have thought Death Stranding would've opened higher nearly everywhere. It seemed like it had more hype to me

I'm more curious about if Sony will bother with Kojima again, I somehow doubt it.
Oh they will. They have a close relationship, he's a beloved and proven director, his games will no doubt diversify their lineup, and this game will still well by the end, even if it doesn't come close to Sony's biggest games

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
To people saying it's surprising that Days Gone was bigger... seriously? Stop living in the Bubble of Gaming Online Community :P

Of course Days Gone is bigger. It has much better mainstream / casual audience appeal, cause it's a traditional shooter with zombies. People still like The Walking Dead.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I would like to remind people to try days gone .it's amazing . If you like far cry or dying light you will love days gone .

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
A lot of people shocked NFS came out last week, EA has kneecapped their marketing, PvZ kinda suffedered the same fate and Jedi's marketing is just as muted.

Digital Sales tho...