• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mingo

Oct 25, 2017
London
My day job is working at the headquarters for Finish Line where we ship all of our shoes to different locations around the country. Finish Line specializes in premium shoes, like Jordans and Yeezys, meaning people shell out upwards to $260 on a pair of sneakers.

Some of the stuff that I see in inventory makes me wonder why the fuck people are spending almost half a paycheck's worth on money on a pair of shoes. Like, if you had that money to blow, wouldn't you want something that holds some value like Jordans instead of whatever the hell these things are?
1.w710.h473.2x.jpg

Anyone else care to share some examples of just the ugliest expensive shoes?

WT......the 97s are so iconic, on the other hand I see people spending £600+ on Balenciaga's. I feel people only get them as a status thing.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1258

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Came into this thread expecting a trash OP and was not disappointed. Air Max 97s are a classic silhouette, go to bed, lol.

Dudes should have to post their fits before making threads like these. Dudes who rock orthopedic shoes and cargo pants stay trying to come for sneaker heads. Sit down.
It's very difficult to take you seriously when you are vouching for some ugly ass sneakers

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Some people buy extremely expensive "raw" water. Others buys expensive shoes that look like something a homeless tween has cobbled together.

Our modern society is nihilism.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I'll be honest, when I walk into a modern Foot Locker I think like 99% of the sneakers in there are ugly as sin. Maybe I'm just old. I pretty much only shop at Journey's and Amazon now for shoes.

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of the shoes posted here are trash, but shit talking AM97s and Jordans is lol

But the people out here saying that all sneakers, or all basketball shoes are bad are definitely the funniest part of this dusty thread

Oct 26, 2017
Came into this thread expecting a trash OP and was not disappointed. Air Max 97s are a classic silhouette, go to bed, lol.

Dudes should have to post their fits before making threads like these. Dudes who rock orthopedic shoes and cargo pants stay trying to come for sneaker heads. Sit down.

To be fair, the hype for Air Maxes in general is something I don't understand the Air Max sole is about as comfortable as a plank of wood. And the uppers are quite cumbersome and bulky due to the times that they were released in. At least you have stuff like Boost, or if you only care about Nike products; Zoom Air, Lunarlon, and React for comfort.

Oct 25, 2017
Are off-white (yellow) shoes in? Because my procrastination on throwing away some of my old neon coloured high school running shoes might pay off

(of course I'm talking about selling them, I have some self-respect)

Redfox088

Banned
May 31, 2018
My day job is working at the headquarters for Finish Line where we ship all of our shoes to different locations around the country. Finish Line specializes in premium shoes, like Jordans and Yeezys, meaning people shell out upwards to $260 on a pair of sneakers.

Some of the stuff that I see in inventory makes me wonder why the fuck people are spending almost half a paycheck's worth on money on a pair of shoes. Like, if you had that money to blow, wouldn't you want something that holds some value like Jordans instead of whatever the hell these things are?
1.w710.h473.2x.jpg

Anyone else care to share some examples of just the ugliest expensive shoes?
Aye 97s go hard they just fall apart too quick

Oct 25, 2017
I just presume everyone on gaming forums is wearing a zelda t shirt, cargo shirts and socks and sandals unless proven otherwise.

Almost every single shoe posted in this thread is hideous and you would have to pay me to wear them.

unless your last name is jenner or kardashian i don't think anybody is gonna be paying your dwight avatar having self to wear their shoes any time soon

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut

Flame Lord

Oct 26, 2017
lol, there's a defense force for everything. I don't even understand the complaint, there have got to be countless shoes out there, just because someone says a particular pair looks like ass doesn't mean your insulting people collect them.

aznpxdd

Oct 25, 2017
Me and my wife love wearing "ugly expensive sneakers" out together.

MMsynRv.jpg

We be breakin' people's necks! =)

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
aznpxdd not sure if the quality of the photo is blinding my judgement but those both look great lol. Totally not my style and I feel like I want to hate on them, but nah. Great colorway too.