• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Arebours

Oct 27, 2017
Hope for more food and less personal stories(which is how Netflix ruin most of their food shows). In any show about food there should be more time with food than people on the screen, not just a 5 sec clip of a spinning plate at the end.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Hope for more food and less personal stories(which is how Netflix ruin most of their food shows). In any show about food there should be more time with food than people on the screen, not just a 5 sec clip of a spinning plate at the end.
Feel like this perspective towards it really downplays what it took to get to that spinning plate of food. I'm personally not interested in only seeing the food/end result. At least, I definitely appreciate them and personally believe they go a long way in helping me understand the journey of cooking good food.

Arebours

Oct 27, 2017
Feel like this perspective towards it really downplays what it took to get to that spinning plate of food. I'm personally not interested in only seeing the food/end result. At least, I definitely appreciate them and personally believe they go a long way in helping me understand the journey of cooking good food.
I'm happy to hear about the ideas and evolution behind a dish or a concept but most of the time it's just a lot of sentimental shit and dramatic music. It's this English lit style obsession with finding a human core and telling a story that ruins everything. Chef's Table is the worst of all at this, I hate that show with a passion.
On the other hand something like Heston Blumenthaal's In Search of Perfection was a brilliant show.

Nothus

Oct 26, 2017
Have you watched any of this yet? You're gonna really hate the first ep 🤣

I'm pleased for David and his wife but man, that first episode was basically a home video chronicling his wife's pregnancy. You had about 5 minutes of random food conversations. Pretty lousy start to the second season.

Oct 26, 2017
its worse than season 1 in that regard.

food is an after thought in this show, its more about random hobbled together I AM 14 AND THIS IS DEEP stories

Kapten

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Steak episode was the best. I love this show.

Also, I love David Choe so much. So so so much. His red hat and dungarees with nothing underneath while claiming he was Chang had me laughing so hard.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Have you watched any of this yet? You're gonna really hate the first ep 🤣

I'm pleased for David and his wife but man, that first episode was basically a home video chronicling his wife's pregnancy. You had about 5 minutes of random food conversations. Pretty lousy start to the second season.

Was worth it for Nick Kroll's segment though.

But yeah, I just looked at it as being less about food and more about how professional chefs deal with starting a family. Maybe not quite what I watch the show for, but still interesting.

Still have to watch the other three episodes. Kind of surprised this season is half as long as the first (no indication this is "Part 1" or anything). I'll just pretend Breakfast Lunch Dinner is the other half.