• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
assuming the timestamp in the top right of the video is correct, the video is sped up pretty significantly

could be a regular aircraft getting a view of the eruption

first step is not to make huge leaps to say "i saw a random thing in some footage that could be literally anything, so it must be an advanced alien race using our volcanoes for energy"

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
mausan1.png

Oh yeah Tercer Milenio with Jaime Maussan one uncle went to school with him, he said that he was always fascinated with journalism

He came to my city years ago, and his show was a blast. The videos were pretty entertaining, fake or not. Pretty funny comments as well.

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
People are never going to believe photographic/video evidence, whether it's in 480p or 4K. It's either too grainy or too detailed to be real and called CGI. Even UFOs captured during a livefeeds of the local news had people skeptical. Nobody will believe until one lands right in the middle of a city or hovers above one to be seen close to eye level by the entire population.

Last edited:

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder why UFO sightings always increase after natural disasters and catastrophes. Are they visiting to make sure this simulation is still running ok?

Kenstar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Earth
People are never going to believe photographic/video evidence, whether it's in 480p or 4K. It's either too grainy or too detailed to be real and called CGI. Even UFOs captured during a livefeeds of the local news had people skeptical. Nobody will believe until one lands right in the middle of a city or hovers above one to be seen close to eye level by the entire population.
show us one of these very real ufo videos that all these uppity elites keep dismissing

siteseer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
there is another video out there where the ufo dives into the volcano.

edit: haha it's right there in op.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty obvious what it was
3nmgkn.gif

Clearly Chris and Sheva successfully stopped the Uroboros deployment

War Eagle

Oct 27, 2017
USA
show us one of these very real ufo videos that all these uppity elites keep dismissing

The USS Nimitz encounter, but the video is underwhelming without the back story and pilot testimony.

This is the one that the pentagon released from a Navy Jet's FLIR camera and made the front page of the New York Times a couple of years ago.

Cokie Bear

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

What UFO videos were called "too detailed to be real"?

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
It's like something was close to the volcano on the upper right in the first video and invisible. Volcano exploded and the bastard was blown to pieces.

Yeah, I thought that's what the topic was about. The second thing looked like a shooting star that just happened to fly by.

Latin America tv stations are something else. We get a few over the air stuff and it is wild. There is an entire show dedicated to showing crazy ass shit like dead people killed by the cartels and other wild shit.

Yoo, I think that channel was on at a diner during their karaoke night. I asked them to change the channel because they showed a brutal car accident with fatalities and there were kids at the joint.

EarlGreyHot

Oct 27, 2017
A UFO! Quickly, go to the attic and grab that camcorder I bought in the 80s so I can film it!

(probably a falling star)

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Honestly I hope it's advanced aliens, it's about time we had adults in charge or this shit show.

But I doubt it.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ah yes. The rectangle shooting star with no tapering end or trail...

Is it burning up in the atmosphere .. without.. burning up in the atmosphere?

Interesting points!

The object is burning, though, isn't it? It's not emitting all of that light from some kind of power source like a bulb or self luminescence. That thing is hot.

As for the shape, the "rectangular" shape is indeed its tail. The rest of the video is shot to capture very bright lighting from very hot sources. The only other thing hot enough to look white in the video is lava. That object is indeed streaking across the video due to its speed and the camera's capture rate. In order to see the very long streaks from a shooting star, you need to be set to capture low levels of light. A cooled off tail may not produce it in these settings, is my guess

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Interesting points!

The object is burning, though, isn't it? It's not emitting all of that light from some kind of power source like a bulb or self luminescence. That thing is hot.

As for the shape, the "rectangular" shape is indeed its tail. The rest of the video is shot to capture very bright lighting from very hot sources. The only other thing hot enough to look white in the video is lava. That object is indeed streaking across the video due to its speed and the camera's capture rate. In order to see the very long streaks from a shooting star, you need to be set to capture low levels of light. A cooled off tail may not produce it in these settings, is my guess
Also interesting.

However. It's a shooting star, traveling a very long distance. Shooting stars don't need to be illuminated by volcanoes.. so it's either flying directly into one.. or it's far behind it and that size...

It's a shooting star without a trail and close enough to a volcano to be lit by it.. or it's a really hot rock ? If its a long exposure I feel like we'd have streaks of rocks everywhere. But we've god blobby shapes...

I don't see any other streaking material myself. And I've never seen a rectangular shooting star that isnt tapering.. nor am I finding any pictures from my brief google search of shooting stars with long exposures...

Is the volcano illuminating the shooting star? What's the distance of the star/meteorite at this point..?

BigDes

Knows Too Much
Oct 25, 2017
Who the fuck was playing with an rc car near the mic in the first video?

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Also interesting.

However. It's a shooting star, traveling a very long distance. Shooting stars don't need to be illuminated by volcanoes.. so it's either flying directly into one.. or it's far behind it and that size...

It's a shooting star without a trail and close enough to a volcano to be lit by it.. or it's a really hot rock ? If its a long exposure I feel like we'd have streaks of rocks everywhere. But we've god blobby shapes...

I don't see any other streaking material myself. And I've never seen a rectangular shooting star that isnt tapering.. nor am I finding any pictures from my brief google search of shooting stars with long exposures...

Is the volcano illuminating the shooting star? What's the distance of the star/meteorite at this point..?

Oh sorry, maybe I didn't communicate my thoughts too well. If the camera's exposure time was much shorter, I'd reason that you would see a shorter tail like what we see here.

Even Googling "shooting star short exposure" brings up a couple of examples of the "rectangular" pattern. The shooting star is as bright as it is because of the heat produced as it's traveling through the atmosphere, and this heat is producing enough brightness to compare to the lava (and background stars, I should add) to appear white in the footage. I don't think we need to posit the volcano acting as a light source to explain it's color

I was trying to get a sense of what this video would look like at a normal speed. Youtube only lets me playback up to 1.5x, but at that speed, the billowing of the clouds looks more natural, and the possibility that the bright object is some sort of traveling debris in the atmosphere is much more believable. It's got a pretty flat trajectory, but I wouldn't think that negates my theory

I street what you did there