• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rockstar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
US
source.gif

HaL64

Nov 3, 2017

slate.com

What UFOs and Joe McCarthy Have to Do With the Assault on the Capitol

Modern conspiracy theory culture—including Tucker Carlson’s fixation on UFOs—was born in the 1950s.

Whenever these types of topics come up, it's important to note that modern Ufology and ufo researchers have largely moved away from nuts and bolts "grounded" explanations, and onto increasingly mystical and religious frameworks. They're not looking for aliens who evolved on a far away planet - they're looking for demons, space poltergeists and other explicitly supernatural entities.

Also, "former intelligence official" often means "person explicitly tied to far-right or fringe group who absolutely has a dog in this fight."

I'm not saying aliens or UFOs don't exist, it's just that a lot of these stories popping up in the media recently have background subtext most people aren't aware of. The people involved are much closer to the Qanon Shaman (who also believed in UFOs and spiritual warfare theology) despite how they present themselves. And that you should be skeptical.

What why would I be skeptical of a very conservative former member of congress Trump/Republican loyalist stating claims, with no evidence, on Fox News?

StrapOnFetus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
TX
I believe, way too much smoke the last 80 years for there not to be something off world observed or recovered. My best guess is some type of von Neuman probe cataloging/doing scientific data. Of which data is sent back to the extinct or far out in space probe creators.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017

slate.com

What UFOs and Joe McCarthy Have to Do With the Assault on the Capitol

Modern conspiracy theory culture—including Tucker Carlson’s fixation on UFOs—was born in the 1950s.

Whenever these types of topics come up, it's important to note that modern Ufology and ufo researchers have largely moved away from nuts and bolts "grounded" explanations, and onto increasingly mystical and religious frameworks. They're not looking for aliens who evolved on a far away planet - they're looking for demons, space poltergeists and other explicitly supernatural entities.

Also, "former intelligence official" often means "person explicitly tied to far-right or fringe group who absolutely has a dog in this fight."

I'm not saying aliens or UFOs don't exist, it's just that a lot of these stories popping up in the media recently have background subtext most people aren't aware of. The people involved are much closer to the Qanon Shaman (who also believed in UFOs and spiritual warfare theology) despite how they present themselves. And that you should be skeptical.

UFO's / UAP's clearly exist. It ranges from unknown objects (birds/balloons) to unknown weird craft flying in between f18s that come out of the water. Its a wide spectrum of classification. If they were aliens, they'd be alien craft and not unknown object. Folks do enjoy the discussions around what it could be, and why not? We've got physic defying crafts floating all around and this is one of the earths biggest unsolved mysteries. Its understandable that the nazis are ruining it once again, but its safe to say that most conversation on era isn't the same demographic thats dipping toes in nazi propaganda you know? But thanks for letting us all know not to join a cult this evening. Im sure many were on the verge before they read your post.

Military has a long history in telling us all to shut the fuck up about it, as well as their own pilots. Now they're seemingly allowing for the credible instances to be taken seriously, declassifying footage. That in itself is newsworthy.

This is all in relation to:

kutv.com

CIA begins declassifying UFO documents as stipulated by $2.3 trillion COVID bill

On Dec. 27, then-President Donald Trump signed a $2. 3 trillion COVID-19 relief bill that famously included $600 stimulus checks for every American taxpayer. As part of that 5,593-page bill, a "committee comment" wasattached to the annual Intelligence Authorization Act, which was rolled into...

"

As part of that 5,593-page bill, a "committee comment" was attached to the annual Intelligence Authorization Act, which was rolled into the massive bill.

That "committee comment" included a rarely-discussed section that gives the Central Intelligence Agency, the Pentagon, the FBI and other spy agencies 180 days to provide documents regarding unidentified flying objects (UFOs).

"

Again, its newsworthy. This isn't the national inquirer making shit up. It might be a case of "the guy you hate made a good point" Re:Fox News. And No Im not defending fox, im saying this is the 'deadline' that was given in the relief bill. Not just drumming up aliens for Qanon conspiracies...

We probably live in a time with seemingly the most open military has been on the issue, and I hope it continues. Hopefully they publish radar and satellite data as all many pilots have cited that the craft were on radar, or that was the reason for their initial investigations into what the objects are. The Nimitz (most recent UFO story to come forward) Was about 4-5 months of the craft being on radar and doing weird shit in their controlled airspace. The pilots that came forward flew up to investigate it.

people spend so much time on this site rushing into every UFO thread to declare they aren't real without even knowing what the latest sort of trend has been with them, pilot testimony, radar reports, none of it. These threads barely make it into the 4th page as it is about to be inundated with "HEY GUYS U KNOW UFOS AREN'T REAL RIGHT?!?!?!" But I bet the same folks don't pop into the Christianity OT to tell everyone what time it is. Same with Anime threads. But UFOs? We must inform the era members that they're at risk of... something... because they don't know any better without me telling them?

If the thread was "Aliens are real and heres proof that they are UFO's" I think you'd have a point. But none of the recent ones on Era are about any relationship to aliens. Its all just speculation of unknown objects.

Thats what OP is about, its not about copper bracelets and healing crystals. https://www.military.com/daily-news...months-disclose-what-it-knows-about-ufos.html

The guy that came up with swamp gas is the same guy that came up with the Ranking system for Close Encounters and also was upset with how the Military and Public ridiculed witnesses, and later admitted that his reports were specifically created to debunk people/reports rather than find the truth. Fun fact.
Gerald ford was rightfully pissed off that the report insinuated that everyone was a moron and that it was swamp gas. And demanded a real investigation.

Last edited:

StrapOnFetus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
TX
UFO's / UAP's clearly exist. It ranges from unknown objects (birds/balloons) to unknown weird craft flying in between f18s that come out of the water. Its a wide spectrum of classification. If they were aliens, they'd be alien craft and not unknown object. Folks do enjoy the discussions around what it could be, and why not? We've got physic defying crafts floating all around and this is one of the earths biggest unsolved mysteries. Its understandable that the nazis are ruining it once again, but its safe to say that most conversation on era isn't the same demographic thats dipping toes in nazi propaganda you know? But thanks for letting us all know not to join a cult this evening. Im sure many were on the verge before they read your post.

Military has a long history in telling us all to shut the fuck up about it, as well as their own pilots. Now they're seemingly allowing for the credible instances to be taken seriously, declassifying footage. That in itself is newsworthy.

This is all in relation to:

kutv.com

CIA begins declassifying UFO documents as stipulated by $2.3 trillion COVID bill

On Dec. 27, then-President Donald Trump signed a $2. 3 trillion COVID-19 relief bill that famously included $600 stimulus checks for every American taxpayer. As part of that 5,593-page bill, a "committee comment" wasattached to the annual Intelligence Authorization Act, which was rolled into...

Again, its newsworthy. This isn't the national inquirer making shit up. It might be a case of "the guy you hate made a good point" Re:Fox News. And No Im not defending fox, im saying this is the 'deadline' that was given in the relief bill. Not just drumming up aliens for Qanon conspiracies...

We probably live in a time with seemingly the most open military has been on the issue, and I hope it continues. Hopefully they publish radar and satellite data as all many pilots have cited that the craft were on radar, or that was the reason for their initial investigations into what the objects are. The Nimitz (most recent UFO story to come forward) Was about 4-5 months of the craft being on radar and doing weird shit in their controlled airspace. The pilots that came forward flew up to investigate it.

people spend so much time on this site rushing into every UFO thread to declare they aren't real without even knowing what the latest sort of trend has been with them, pilot testimony, radar reports, none of it. These threads barely make it into the 4th page as it is about to be inundated with "HEY GUYS U KNOW UFOS AREN'T REAL RIGHT?!?!?!" But I bet the same folks don't pop into the Christianity OT to tell everyone what time it is. Same with Anime threads. But UFOs? We must inform the era members that they're at risk of... something... because they don't know any better without me telling them?

If the thread was "Aliens are real and heres proof that they are UFO's" I think you'd have a point. But none of the recent ones on Era are about any relationship to aliens. Its all just speculation of unknown objects.

Thats what OP is about, its not about copper bracelets and healing crystals. https://www.military.com/daily-news...months-disclose-what-it-knows-about-ufos.html

The guy that came up with swamp gas is the same guy that came up with the Ranking system for Close Encounters and also was upset with how the Military and Public ridiculed witnesses, and later admitted that his reports were specifically created to debunk aliens rather than find the truth. Fun fact.
Gerald ford was rightfully pissed off that the report insinuated that everyone was a moron and that it was swamp gas.

I like the way you dropped the mike. Needed to be said tbh

Oct 25, 2017
I believe most UFOs are secret advanced military equipment but I really want to believe there are friendly aliens out there somewhere in the universe that we will contact at some point in the future

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
. Its understandable that the nazis are ruining it once again, but its safe to say that most conversation on era isn't the same demographic thats dipping toes in nazi propaganda you know? But thanks for letting us all know not to join a cult this evening. Im sure many were on the verge before they read your post.

Some of the same sources are being used when it's discussed on Era (see: New York Times articles on UFOs, Haim Eshed, Leslie Kean and so forth).

My post wasn't to say "UFO's don't exist." That wasn't my intention. It's to point out that mainstream Ufology - from TV shows, documentaries, military and intelligence contractors, the current Pentagon program investigating UFOs, writers and so forth, aren't looking for UFOs to investigate actual unidentified phenomenon or sightings from genuine witnesses. They're looking at it from a spiritual or supernatural context. And it's heavily distracting any actual investigation into sightings and reports.

Last edited:

StrapOnFetus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
TX
To add against the argument that space may be too far away. Was there not a recent science peer reviewed paper allowing for the use of FTL travel. Instead of negative mass the energy requirement would be the size of a planet. Not impossible for a type 1 civilization and childs play when you get to type 2. I believe it is based on the Acluberre FTL drive.

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
they ain't sending us their best lol
we are probably a tourist stop for some of the worst spaceship drivers in the univers3

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

There's about a million lines of inquiry before you get to "It might be aliens"

This is like God of the gaps bullshit where people's insert their preferred narrative into unexplained phenomena.

If the news reported every instance of "We don't understand this thing" then the news would be nothing but that. So stop reporting this nonsense in the news.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017

This is like God of the gaps bullshit where people's insert their preferred narrative into unexplained phenomena.

If the news reported every instance of "We don't understand this thing" then the news would be nothing but that. So stop reporting this nonsense in the news.

This is pretty dismissive of some rather compelling evidence.

You think that sightings and recordings from credible witnesses of unidentified flying objects isn't news worthy? Just pretend it didn't happen? Ignore it?

guiloahhhhh

Oct 29, 2017

"Let me just bury my head in the sand and not pay attention to observable, measurable phenomena"

What a normie take

Murfield

Oct 27, 2017
For me, an idea that's most fascinating (or frightening) is that obscure and unknown government agencies have developed technology this advanced thanks to limitless influx of money and resources over many years, and to us it just seems alien in nature. It's frightening to me, because I think of what else that money could have been spent on instead of aero tech. They could have cured cancer already. Mass produced hovering skateboards for every child on Earth. But no. Instead we get craft that can zip around in the blink of an eye and satellites that can probably shoot lasers down to Earth when they're not attacking other satellites.

To me this sounds wilder than aliens.

The next frontier in aerotech is automation and AI. If you have been to a aerospace conference in the last 5-10 years that's pretty much all they talk about in the keynote lectures. I would go as far to say that aerodynamics R&D in industry and the military has fallen significantly behind what has been studied in academia and that's all in the public domain.

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
The guy that came up with swamp gas is the same guy that came up with the Ranking system for Close Encounters and also was upset with how the Military and Public ridiculed witnesses, and later admitted that his reports were specifically created to debunk people/reports rather than find the truth. Fun fact.
Gerald ford was rightfully pissed off that the report insinuated that everyone was a moron and that it was swamp gas. And demanded a real investigation.

I absolutely believe this.

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017
I don't buy the man-made super secret projects. Human flying technology that flys at phenomenal speeds and changes directions on a dime? And the human occupants are alive how? b.s. That sounds like tech powered by shit that could literally solve shit world wide.

Last edited:

Disorientator

Oct 27, 2017
Cyprus
The whole UFO/UAP situation is (and always has been) so fucking weird.

On one hand there are confirming sightings/reports from what seems trusted sources, sensors, etc. that no one seems to be able to deny, but on the other hand instead of putting all of our resources to try and understand the phenomenon as one would think, they just merrily announce these cases like it's just another my-neighbour-farted story in the news.

I mean do they seriously expect us to believe this shit? There are unidentified flying objects in the vicinity of military assets, and their only reaction is to just maybe divert a patrol to check it out, and then call it a day!?

Fighter pilot: "It's ok/it's nothing. It was one of those unidentified aerial phenomena again and just disappeared into thin air. Nothing to report here. Resuming patrol. Roger."

I mean it must all boil down to one of the following: (right?)
  1. It's all BS/fabricated for...reasons
  2. It's all real and they have -much- more info than they are willing to share
  3. It's all real and they have no clue what these objects are
My puny mind can't comprehend how, in this day and age, can scenario no.3 would be in any way possible.
I mean if it was, why aren't all of our scientists working on trying to figure out this shit?
Hell, if this is real, it's so important in the grand scheme of things that they should teach classes in universities on the subject, no?
I mean, are there a lot of phenomena (natural or not) still a mystery in the 21st century?

Maybe the fact that the science community is not actively (or openly?) pursuing knowledge on the specific matter says something?

Last edited: