• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Derek Yu posted art from the game on his Instagram for the first time in... I'm not sure how many months, and said it's coming soon(ish):

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
For context: http://50games.fun/

UFO 50 Official Website said:
UFO 50 is a collection of 50 single and multiplayer games from the creators of Spelunky, Downwell, Time Barons, Skorpulac, and Madhouse. Jump in and explore a variety of genres, from platformers and shoot 'em ups to puzzle games and RPGs. Our goal is to combine a familiar 8-bit aesthetic with new ideas and modern game design sensibilities.

Q. How big are the games?
A: In general, the games are slightly smaller than commercial 8-bit titles from the 80's, but rest assured that they are full games and not microgames or minigames! Completing the entire collection could easily take over a hundred hours.

Q. Who's doing what?
A: Each game has a director who came up with the core concept, but everyone on the team worked on games they didn't direct and helped with art, programming, and design.

Q. What are you using to make UFO 50?
A: We're using Game Maker Studio, which has been an ideal tool for creating so many games in a relatively short amount of time.

Q. Are the games connected in any way?
A: The story of UFO 50 is that the games were all created in the 80's by a fictional company that was obscure but ahead of its time. Aside from this narrative, they're all connected by a unique 32-color palette and other restrictions we decided on to make them feel more authentic. (However, we don't force sprite flickering or slowdown, as we didn't feel that it would make the games more enjoyable.)

Q. What kind of multiplayer is available in the collection?
A: All the games will feature a single-player mode, and roughly a third of the games will feature either cooperative or competitive multiplayer modes as well.

Q. What platforms is UFO 50 coming out on and when?
A: We're planning to release the game on PC first in late 2018 (possibly 2019) and then move on to other platforms.

Q. How much will UFO 50 cost?
A: We're still deciding on the price, but we want it to be an easy purchase!

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
It's coming on PC first, right? So it's probably still a long ways off on PS4, assuming it's coming to PS4 at all.

Ubik

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Super excited. "soonish" coming from an indie dev could literally mean anything from next month to next year though.

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
Been hyped for this. The "ish" part has me thinking it's coming in months rather than weeks for some reason though.

Jaypah

Oct 27, 2017
Super hyped for this. I've only seen 15 seconds of a demo reel then I turned the video off. Trying to go in dark.