• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He ran a red light while on an expired license, crashed into a pregnant lady, broke her leg and then ran into the mountains with bags of drugs. He did not even get a slap in the wrist for that. Something as pedestrian as battery wont stop him (but it should).

GrizzleBoy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
.UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones allegedly placed a cocktail waitress in a chokehold and lifted her off the ground

I can't even fathom the circumstances in which I'd want to do this to an innocent person just doing their job.

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
I interviewed him years ago and he spent nearly all my 15 min with him on a soapbox about god and family and all sorts of pious shit, he ripped on his fellow athletes for scandals - I remember afterwards feeling like he was trying to lie to himself.

Next week, he was found in his car with a stripper and coke if I remember correctly.

Dude's a grade A scum bag of the highest order

TrafficCoen

The Fallen
Feb 22, 2019
No guys, you see, he's really good at MMA, I think we should let this slide

I interviewed him years ago and he spent nearly all my 15 min with him on a soapbox about god and family and all sorts of pious shit, he ripped on his fellow athletes for scandals - I remember afterwards feeling like he was trying to lie to himself.

Next week, he was found in his car with a stripper and coke if I remember correctly.

Dude's a grade A scum bag of the highest order
He's actually honestly really into Jesus and Christianity. He's just a scumbag who rountinely also uses the forgiveness part of it to excuse his constant criminal behaviour

May 5, 2018
Jon Jones was my favorite UFC fighter back when he was starting to get dominate in 2011, but dude the constant reports of him getting in trouble keeps making me have a lesser opinion of Bones. Why can't he learn to stop doing these crimes and why can't the UFC just cut him.

Jer

Oct 27, 2017
I guess we have to put the feel good redemption story on hold for a bit!

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Picograms?
Can we strip and retire this guy and let the Light Heavyweight division move forward.

One Championship can have him.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Dana White to make the LHW belt 24/7 and say he was just defending the strap?

Really sick of Jones' running around committing crimes. Dude needs serious help and shouldn't be allowed to compete, or really even be in society until he gets some help.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Meanwhile Dana is trying to cancel that "no contest" fight so that UFC can have an "idol" with only wins in his carrer...

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
0150_iss3i.gif

Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off
Jones is a scumbag and anyone who defends him at this point needs to look a damn hard look at themselves.

He should be stripped of his title and be banned from the UFC for life.

Gwenpoolshark

Jan 5, 2018
The Pool
I think Fighting in the age of Loneliness was right: the UFC is always going to be deadlocked between its desire to be a legitimate sport with boxing/football level attention, and the reality that it has developed out of the most dangerous, alienated, and anti-social community of rejects in the sports world.

It seems unlikely to me that the sport won't continue to attract abusers and violent sociopaths.

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
Just in case someone tries the "Maybe she asked to get put in a choke hold to feel what it's like" excuse...he knows how dangerous that can be, and he'd have no business putting it on an untrained person. Doesn't matter if they really want it to happen, he should know better than to do it. That excuse doesn't fly, at best it'd mean he's a reckless moron, and it's still not a good look for someone with his history of nonsense.

You might think I'm worthy of the Jim Carrey "Who are you talkin' to?" gif, but after that thread about the boxer who kissed the reporter drew out the creeps who started with the "She knows him, so maybe they do this shit all the time" or "She smiled, maybe don't tell her how she should feel" defences, anything's possible.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017

TrafficCoen

The Fallen
Feb 22, 2019
I remember back when Jones finished his ban from competing and some people here were like "Good, Jones is the GOAT. Deserves to be allowed to compete" and when asked why they'd want him back all they would say is "He's the greatest fighter of all time. I love to watch him fight"

Goes to show you how little people actually care about what people do if they like the fights/music/art/games etc. they produce

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado
Gee it's almost like a sport predicated on being the most violent in all of sports attracts people who may not know how to turn that violence off when they clock out. Weird.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Gee it's almost like a sport predicated on being the most violent in all of sports attracts people who may not know how to turn that violence off when they clock out. Weird.
Yeah, don't really watch the UFC but was on espn just glancing at results and stuff and saw Greg Hardy just dominate his fight. I'm thinking wow, what a piece of shit this dude was yet here he is doing great in the UFC.

Stove

Oct 27, 2017
Jones is a horrible human being, and the UFC is a horrible organisation for continuing to endorse men like him and Hardy.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No guys, you see, he's really good at MMA, I think we should let this slide

He's actually honestly really into Jesus and Christianity. He's just a scumbag who rountinely also uses the forgiveness part of it to excuse his constant criminal behaviour

I mean, Jesus is a high standard to live up to, but I don't think it's that hard for a christian to avoid strip clubs. lol