• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dglavimans

Nov 13, 2019
What he says I think.. You can't just do this sport part time.. Connors next match will be huge for him.. Lose and it is done

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
Dustin played this fight extremely well, engaged intelligently and never stayed in the pocket. The dog didn't get brought out.

Kind of astonished that Conor never checked those calf kicks. At this point in the game everyone should know how to throw them and everyone should know how to check them but here we are.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
That was a really fun couple of rounds. McGregor looked good early but you can tell once his leg was dusted he couldn't put any power behind his punches and Dustin knew it.

Did it look to anyone else like Dustin's nose was broken? Shit looked a little crooked in the interview and he ate that shoulder with it hard in the first.

Shogun

Oct 27, 2017
Nah, when he was fighting consistently he was easily the best at his weight. Not fighting multiple times per year has put a ton of rust on him.

Hasn't had a serious fight in the UFC since October 2018. Never expected him to get finished in the second but it almost looked like some of his punch resistance has gone.

tophu

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder how much money Vegas made tonight. They be eating.

Haven't watched a post-event press conference with Dana in a while but this one should be must-watch TV.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Conor's right about the inactivity but he can't say he didn't completely underestimate Dustin tonight

Dustin and his team had a flawless gameplan 👏🏻

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Conor sounded so mellow in interviews before this fight. Not much trash talk, praising his opponent. I thought either he's found some kind of zen or he's lost his edge and is gonna lose.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty crazy to finally see him admit that you can't just not fight for long periods of time

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Missed the post fight interview. Did Conor give a retirement speech or is he gonna fight a bunch of bums for a good fight? I don't know if he has that heart for the sport anymore.

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
That was a really fun couple of rounds. McGregor looked good early but you can tell once his leg was dusted he couldn't put any power behind his punches and Dustin knew it.

Did it look to anyone else like Dustin's nose was broken? Shit looked a little crooked in the interview and he ate that shoulder with it hard in the first.
His nose has been crooked for years

JohnnyMoses

Oct 27, 2017

It's been like that for a few years. I forget what fight it happened in.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Missed the post fight interview. Did Conon give a retirement speech or is he gonna fight a bunch of bums for a good fight? I don't know if he has that heart for the sport anymore.

He's going to fight more in 2021. Seems like a lot of overreactions to this. He still has a lot of money to make, and he can probably still beat a good chunk of the division.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Missed the post fight interview. Did Conon give a retirement speech or is he gonna fight a bunch of bums for a good fight? I don't know if he has that heart for the sport anymore.

he pretty vehemently denied he was done. said his problem was inactivity so he wants to fight more.

strikeselect

Oct 27, 2017
Conor looked slow and stiff tonight. The coke abuse and father time will not be kind to his style which requires speed and precision. We could be seeing a Chuck Liddell-like decline from here on out.

Nov 2, 2017
Conor sounded so mellow in interviews before this fight. Not much trash talk, praising his opponent. I thought either he's found some kind of zen or he's lost his edge and is gonna lose.
he's lost his edge. rust + tons of $$ from his vodka has made him half the fighter he used to be. the trash talking is done I'd say.
He got humbled.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This fight showed where Conor's really at. He's not washed, but he's lost his edge. He also can't fix this cardio problem, and those leg kicks were wide open. His weaknesses are well exposed now... He'll have trouble with any good fighter north of 155 who takes his shots and doesn't go anywhere.

Great fight from Dustin.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe Conor's bestie Trump will send out a comforting tweet...
kkaq8yyj_1kuqs3l_1f7unly.png

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017

Hennessy

Dec 8, 2020
Conor should have gone for the takedown when he was catching those kicks.
Its not his style but better than getting ko'd because your leg is gone.

Hope he recovers quickly because some injuries can take months before you can go back to training.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
idk why everyone's reaction every time someone who is good loses is "yeah he/she is washed, their weaknesses are exposed, etc."

sometimes you just lose and then you move on and continue to be good

it's like the people who thought Holloway was done because he lost twice to Volk. lol