• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
Hope Dustin wins but I have trouble believing Dustin takes a decision and I dunno, hard to bet on a fighter that already lost to another in the past.

Given my last prediction tho, choo choo on the Dustin train.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
He didn't fight because Dana didn't want him fighting in empty arenas. It's not a coincidence he came back and suddenly they are selling tickets again.

Conor literally posted DMs from himself to Dana last year asking for various fights.
Khabib fought in an empty arena, he would also have been a wild favorite fighting Conor again, I don't think arena seats matter when PPV exists and everyone is sitting home, which was proven with the Khabib card exploding.
Fact is Conor didn't fight in the long run and is now back for presumably his second warmup fight off his second retirement.

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
Hope Dustin wins but I have trouble believing Dustin takes a decision and I dunno, hard to bet on a fighter that already lost to another in the past.

Given my last prediction tho, choo choo on the Dustin train.

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
Hooker likely threw his gloves into the ring out of frustration, the setup should have been easy to read for him. Chandler was looking for it from the get go but Hooker had his sights on a more drawn out match.

Now he's looking down the face of a month long quarantine.

burialsociety

Feb 7, 2018
Dustin has improved heaps since their last fight but this is still a terrible match up for him. His pocket defence leaves him open for a lot of Conor's counters and I don't see how he pressures reliably without getting continually stabbed with body kicks. Plus even with all of the improvements he's made he still has a tendency to get hurt early in fights and that's the worst tendency to have against Conor. Hopefully he gets it done though so we don't have to put up with Conor's shit holding up the division again.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that's why I was thrown off. Like I know it was a dumb question to ask but some of those punches seemed to be almost on Hooker's neck. The angle threw me off and made me forget the rules for a second lol.

Yeah they were illegal for sure but Hooker was done once that left connected, got hit right on the chin with another shot on the way down... refs are right to ignore the illegal shots in these situations IMO... now if a guy is riding someone turtling but unhurt then no, you shouldn't be able to just crack away at the base of a fighter's neck to open their guard.

ghostemoji

Oct 27, 2017
Conor is in their so infrequently that I never feel good about a prediction with him. Poirier is better and bigger than last time and is in there more often. Should be fun.

Milennia

Oct 25, 2017
That part of it was talked about guys like Helwani all year. I'm really not sure why you can't believe Dana would do something dumb. lol
I completely believe that Dana is an idiot, I just don't see where the two lines cross in what you just linked.
Also Khabib denied Conor the rematch in live interviews multiple times, who's he going to fight in his prime? nobody? it landed where it landed and he probably felt his worth was greater in the long run than smaller fights.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah they were illegal for sure but Hooker was done once that left connected, got hit right on the chin with another shot on the way down... refs are right to ignore the illegal shots in these situations IMO... now if a guy is riding someone turtling but unhurt then no, you shouldn't be able to just crack away at the base of a fighter's neck to open their guard.

He's holding onto the back of Hooker's head with his left so he can guide his right away from the back of his head.

saelz8

Dec 25, 2017
Good 1st round from Conor, but I feel like Dustin's going to pull ahead if this pace stays the same

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
Dustin's corner game planned it well but he's getting touched up all sorts on the feet.

Shame the fence work is tiring him out as much as it is.

Milennia

Oct 25, 2017
Can't believe he didn't break the nose with that shoulder hit