• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Hell of a finish. I guess GSP is next for Khabib, unless the UFC finds a way to give Chandler a shot without the Tony or Dustin fight happening.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
People underestimate Khabib's ability to take a punch. He's taken punches from the hardest strikers in UFC and still beat them.

GrubChub

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
SO EXCITED! WOOOO! That was amazing. Khabib scared me looking so reckless, but I know that was to lure Justin in.

tastybread

Oct 27, 2017
you guys need to understand the level it takes to put someone out with a triangle in 4 seconds. that's just pure nuts

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
you can have decent stretches against Khabib, but he just presses and presses and presses and presses and never stops

outside of a puncher's chance, you're not beating him

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
Gaethje's kicks were working, if it was still standing he'd probably take the fight.

Too bad for him, Khabib is an amazing grappler/wrestler.

Combo

Banned
Jan 8, 2019
hmmm

www.rt.com

‘Women should be fighters at home’ – Khabib risks sexism backlash over comments (VIDEO)

Russian UFC champion Khabib Nurmagomedov has faced accusations of sexism by saying that women “should be fighters at home,” in response to a question on what advice he would give to female competitors getting into the MMA game.
Take his culture into account. This guy doesn't live in a modern part of the world and is surrounded by people who have the same view. It's not only hard for him to say something that goes against what his family and friends say, we haven't seen him being countered with the opposition argument.

Also I don't think he believes women should stay at home but he believes in the old fashioned idea of women not being fighters. It's a bit like someone from his part of the world finding something in our culture unacceptable and calling an adherent of that notion non-decent. I cant overlook all his other good personality traits just because of this.

Conan

Oct 25, 2017
Who cares if it's a slightly late stoppage on a blood choke? Better than a massive mistake in a title fight.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Upon replay, Justin's arm was kinda flopping around and tapping everywhere, so I guess the ref didn't want to call it in case it was Justin trying to attack? Anyway, it wasn't like he was taking shots, he just went to sleep, so maybe avoid the whole "pop up and dispute" situation.

But wow, a retirement at 29-0? He's gotta go for 30, damn.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Easiest bet ever, he is a GOAT. Pure machine plus his dad died in the lead up to this fight? He was never losing

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Chandler vs. Ferguson is for the belt now maybe? Or maybe winner of that fights Gaethje?

GrubChub

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wow. Can't believe it. But I totally understand it and am glad to see him going out on top, unlike a lot of fighters. Khabib Time!

tastybread

Oct 27, 2017
Upon replay, Justin's arm was kinda flopping around and tapping everywhere, so I guess the ref didn't want to call it in case it was Justin trying to attack? Anyway, it wasn't like he was taking shots, he just went to sleep, so maybe avoid the whole "pop up and dispute" situation.

But wow, a retirement at 29-0? He's gotta go for 30, damn.
I can guarantee that the ref probably hasn't seen such an early tap from a triangle and it caught him off guard. They usually take time to set up, and the squeeze comes from the legs and your hands. Not to mention no gi + lots of sweat and blood, it can be very easy to escape from one. Khabib is just a wizard

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
i mean, this is a great way to go out. the world is watching and he retires dominating a top opponent. who cares if it's 29 or 30. he's done what he need to do, proven what he needs to prove.

he's got money, fame, and his health.

been a pleasure to watch the greatest.

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
They'll try to pull him out for a GSP fight in a year or a year and half.

It must feel so good to leave a fight having executed your play so definitively and without much damage.

TBF this was probably one of the more damaging fights he's taken in recent times. The leg kicks plus some of head strikes justin landed sounded pretty brutal. Probably the reason why he decided to wrap it up so quickly.

RivalCore

Oct 28, 2017
Did not expect a retirement. Crazy to hang them up after a performance like that. I can respect the decision though, especially if it was his dads wish.