• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Israel fought scared, and Romero outsmarted himself. But no surprise that a hyped fight like this ended up being a snoozer, has happened more often than not.

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
Dude cleaned up for years and was in a war and a glorious showing against a champ, he gets a fight where he plays it safe and picks a hyper-dangerous and awkward fighter apart. I get being let down but anything beyond that is silly.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Can't really blame Israel. He fought with what Yoel gave him. It was an ugly, unimpressive fight but he did what he had to to win. Yoel's gameplan was figured out early and he had nothing else.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
lmao cheering Yoel and booing Izzy

did they watch the fight

Conan

Oct 25, 2017
Dude cleaned up for years and was in a war and a glorious showing against a champ, he gets a fight where he plays it safe and picks a hyper-dangerous and awkward fighter apart. I get being let down but anything beyond that is silly.
He picked him apart? He threw like single digit strikes each round. I get you are a fan but that was a rough performance for someone that wants to be a star. Stock went way down.

WoahW

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't really blame Israel. He fought with what Yoel gave him. It was an ugly, unimpressive fight but he did what he had to to win. Yoel's gameplan was figured out early and he had nothing else.
lol Izzy fought scared and looked awful. Couldn't land a punch to save his life. Costa is going to rock him

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
DC is totally right, Yoel didn't do enough. He was lucky to get this shot on a two fight skid; a three fight losing streak at his age is probably it.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I hope that's the last time I see Yoel in a fight this magnitude.

Izzy wasn't great, but still has more fights to shine.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Those are some hot Fight Night main events coming up

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
It was very Sliva v Belfort, except Silva used his kick learned from sensei Segal to end the fight early.

SoundLad

Oct 30, 2017
Even though the main event was a bit frustrating, the card as a whole was probably my favorite of all time. Incredible night of fights.

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
Ending 248 on a sour note after the banger that was Weili v Joanna.

Both Yoel and Izzy were waiting for the other to trip up. Once Izzy realised this he went to the legs, Yoel just didn't change plan. Izzy still fought wary enough to avoid serious danger but he did what he had to do to win.

Bring on Costa.

Oct 25, 2017
One thing I have to say about Izzy is that he has crazy stamina. I know they didn't do much but he was energized the entire fight, basically dancing. He barely sat in the chair during breaks.

perineumlick

Nov 12, 2017
lol Izzy fought scared and looked awful. Couldn't land a punch to save his life. Costa is going to rock him
Izzy is at his best when his opponent is overly aggressive, that's his style. Yoel spent more time feinting and postulating than fighting, that's why it was lackluster. Every fighter can't just trade rock em sock em. He's smarter than Costa, and I think he stops him because of the styles.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

Why try and mix it up when the guy you are fighting is turtling and hoping for a Hail Mary? Especially when you are destroying his legs and winning rounds that way? I didn't say it was an impressive performance for Israel, but a win is a win.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Uhhhh, I really didn't need to see those slo-mo shots of Joanna's haematoma wobbling around šŸ˜£