• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
My favorite part of the card was Kevin Lee.

He can be cringe but has so much talent and hopefully Firas can make him realize it.

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
I am baffled people are falling for Nate's bullshit.

You guys are letting me down as fight fans, Jesus fuck.

Dude was being handled and had nothing and in typical Diaz fashion, can't give an opponent props for shit.

Doctor saved him some brain cells.

Oct 25, 2017

Dude was being handled and had nothing and in typical Diaz fashion, can't give an opponent props for shit.

Doctor saved him some cells.
He is constantly in denial but if any fight should have been let go, it's this one.

Exciting(though mostly one sided) fight turned into a farce.

Voyager

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Doctor saved him some cells.

Come on, this was the same as the McGregor fight, except the opponent was bigger. Nate was taking over before the stoppage.

nextJin

Mar 17, 2018
Georgia
Either a rematch with Nate or this.

I actually think Jorge did Askren a favour with that quick KO. Having seen his stand up last week, he would've done terribly anyway.

Askren needs a serious a diet/conditioning program and a world class striking coach. Until he gets that and trains for like a year he should stay away from any top 15 fighter in UFC. He is outclassed by everyone in everything except wrestling, not by some either. IMO if CM Punk had Askrens wrestling talent they'd be at the same level.

Outlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Texas

Did I catch a different post fight interview? Nate seemed relatively tame and not sore-losery as he usually is.

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
Come on, this was the same as the McGregor fight, except the opponent was bigger. Nate was taking over before the stoppage.
I am going to step away and hope people watch this again with emotions removed because I would like to be on the planet you are on where Nate won any of those rounds today.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Askren needs a serious a diet/conditioning program and a world class striking coach. Until he gets that and trains for like a year he should stay away from any top 15 fighter in UFC. He is outclassed by everyone in everything except wrestling, not by some either. IMO if CM Punk had Askrens wrestling talent they'd be at the same level.

If only you had Olympic level wrestling you would be good at a sport that relies on wrestling. Lol.

Oct 30, 2017
Ottawa

My friend and I were just discussing how he should just retire and focus on coaching.

Granted, his striking appeared to do some damage, but it didn't look good. And I think, like you said, most top 15s are going to give him a hard time, so what's the point anymore. Better to quit while he's still healthy and has a viable career outside the octagon.

Oct 25, 2017
My friend and I were just discussing how he should just retire and focus on coaching.

Granted, his striking appeared to do some damage, but it didn't look good. And I think, like you said, most top 15s are going to give him a hard time, so what's the point anymore. Better to quit while he's still healthy and has a viable career outside the octagon.
Maybe he could be a commentator.

Masoyama

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Nate wasn't winning or starting to take over but he was still in the fight. No need to stop but no need to pretend Nate was gonna win.

nextJin

Mar 17, 2018
Georgia

Yeah he was getting outclassed but thats a Diaz fight. He usually always gets better in the later rounds. Or rather, his opponent gets gassed and he overtakes them.
definitively? Yeah, the first two rounds. Diaz's strength is round 3-5.

I'd say yea definitely, if it went to the judges Jorge would have won. I don't see how people can say it was over though. Nate Diaz took ridiculously hard shots and historically always has his best rounds late in the fight.

imo Jorge was getting gassed, he may have been alright in the 4th but Nate would have a good shot in the 5th.

Either way, Masvidal looked like he was in Beast mode. The only way he losses that fight is either via submission in the 4th or 5th, or gets gassed and TKOed in the 5th. I don't see it happening but it's Nate Diaz so anything is possible.

Oct 27, 2017
The ol let's say it's BS because of the hypothetical comeback that people's fantasy says will definitely happen even though there was no evidence to show it was

Masoyama

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah he was getting outclassed but thats a Diaz fight. He usually always gets better in the later rounds. Or rather, his opponent gets gassed and he overtakes them.

I'd say yea definitely, if it went to the judges Jorge would have won. I don't see how people can say it was over though. Nate Diaz took ridiculously hard shots and historically always has his best rounds late in the fight.

imo Jorge was getting gassed, he may have been alright in the 4th but Nate would have a good shot in the 5th.

Either way, Masvidal looked like he was in Beast mode. The only way he losses that fight is either via submission in the 4th or 5th, or gets gassed and TKOed in the 5th. I don't see it happening but it's Nate Diaz so anything is possible.

By historically good you mean losing round 4 to McGregor or losing rounds 4-5 to Benson?

Deleted member 11069

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Most memorable thing of the evening will be my buddy coming out as Trump fan and insisting that I "look into it" and telling me I'll get links to hour long YouTube videos tomorrow. And only because the orange guy showed up in person. (Also great card, still shook by Kevin Lee, Anderson and Masvidals power).

nextJin

Mar 17, 2018
Georgia
Diaz has gone past the third round twice and he lost both times. There is no evidence that Diaz can keep his pace past round 3.

He kept pace and even picked up the pace in those fights. His issue is he couldn't close it out and got wrecked the first 2 rounds losing a 3rd somewhere in the last 3.

I have always had an issue with "take it slow, pick it up later". When you take it slow you lose rounds which happens to him all the time. In this case he lost 3, he would have had to take out Jorge and the TKO probably doesn't happen so he has to rely on getting Jorge in a submission which frankly is asking a lot with his scrambles we saw tonight.

Masoyama

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He kept pace and even picked up the pace in those fights. His issue is he couldn't close it out and got wrecked the first 2 rounds losing a 3rd somewhere in the last 3.

I have always had an issue with "take it slow, pick it up later". When you take it slow you lose rounds which happens to him all the time. In this case he lost 3, he would have had to take out Jorge and the TKO probably doesn't happen so he has to rely on getting Jorge in a submission which frankly is asking a lot with his scrambles we saw tonight.

Nate can keep pace but he has only won a single of these mythical late rounds, against McGregor round 5. He looked tired against Pettis and he looked slow today. Diaz is great but is getting old and Masvidal probably has better cardio anyway.

nextJin

Mar 17, 2018
Georgia
By historically good you mean losing round 4 to McGregor or losing rounds 4-5 to Benson?

Let's be fair, I was referring to his pace. Not losing rounds. He starts slow from what I think is a strategy of hoping his opponents get gassed to the point they are barely standing.

When it works it's obvious, and when it doesn't he is losing a decision.

Masoyama

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Let's be fair, I was referring to his pace. Not losing rounds. He starts slow from what I think is a strategy of hoping his opponents get gassed to the point they are barely standing.

When it works it's obvious, and when it doesn't he is losing a decision.

That can work against some people but Diaz actually has mediocre pace and cardio compared to most modern Top 10 fighters. Diaz cardio is a product of how good their cardio was 10-15 years ago

Oct 27, 2017
This fight looked like a guy who just goes in thinking he's tough and just showed up vs somebody who actually studied his opponent, knew how to use his strengths against the others weakness, and came in hungry.

Diaz has the old-school tough guy mentality that really hurts him.

The Wraith

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry all you Nate fans but there is no way in which Nate won a singe round. He was outclassed, simple as that. Masvidal was simply the better fighter. Nates eye looked like mashed potatoes.

JehutyRunner

Oct 26, 2017
https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Falfredkonuwa%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F01%2FThe-Rock-Roman-.jpg

Same energy.

Oct 25, 2017
Masvidal is on a different level and I saw no evidence that he was fading. I really hope we don't see a rematch of that fight. We got our answer even if some don't want to see it. I was fine with the doctor stoppage.

Although the Till/Gastelum fight was a bit boring, I have to give mad respect to Till. I didn't think he had much of a chance, but he legit won. Going forward I'm not sure what to make of him.

Oh and Kevin Lee is still a gatekeeper, but he still has highlight reel skills. He's got a new camp and he's still young so youneverknow.

Cool card.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not saying he wasn't, or that he would've won, but his entire fight strategy is basically The Homer Simpson Method.

I don't think Diaz's plan was to get his ass kicked for 3 rounds. It happened because he was totally out classed. I have a ton of respect for Diaz but let's give credit to Masvidal. He's hit a new level.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Anticlimactic. But at least no one got robbed.. that would have been way worse.

Masvidal dominated the 3 rounds.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
lmao people saying Nate was gonna bring it in the next hypothetical rounds. He was getting dominated in every facet of the fight.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Perfect ending to that carny-ass cringefest.

-Carny-ass president in attendance

-Carny-ass UFC deliberately doesn't show said carny-ass president on arena screens so they can protect him from getting booed

-Carny-ass Rock (0-0 MMA record) walks out to his wrasslin' theme music for the sole purpose of presenting a carny-ass belt

-Carny-ass Bruce and Mirgs were out there spitting carny-ass shit like "BMF" and "baddest MFer"

-Carny-ass Nate -- who has been ragdolled embarrassingly in multiple fights but is still called a BMF for some reason -- got tuned up for 3 rounds

-Carny-ass doctor stops a fight that's supposed to determine who's the baddest motherfucker or some shit

-Carny-ass Nate proudly states the equivalent of "I had him right where I wanted him" and the carny-ass fans still cheer him for some reason

-Carny-ass Joe Rogan reassures NYC crowd that they're going to "do it again in Vegas" because the carny-ass NSAC is more easily corrupted and the carny-ass UFC can rest assured that their carny-ass rematch will never, ever be stopped for any reason

-Carny-ass UFC immediately shills fake championship belt replica -- "now you too can be the baddest motherfucker for the low, low price of just $499!" -- carny-ass fans can't reach for their wallets fast enough

Fuck the UFC for real. Shit is embarrassing and I'm embarrassed that I watched this.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
masvidal was white as a blank in the face for the end of the third round, i don't know if a miracle for diaz was possible in the last 2 round but masvidal was clearly not in perfect condition (at least from the look)

but hey, he dominated for 3 round so deserved victory i guess.