• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jon Jones vs Anthony Smith & Tyrone Woodley vs Kamaru Usman

• Jon Jones

Votes: 70 68.0%
  • Anthony Smith

Votes: 20 19.4%
  • Tyrone Woodley

Votes: 62 60.2%
  • Kamaru Usman

Votes: 23 22.3%

• Total voters

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm still not seeing this "Zabit is the greatest" stuff. Jeremy won that 3rd round pretty cleanly and if this was a 5 rounder might have actually won the fight as he seems really tired

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Zabit doesn't have the cardio everyone says he does, he's looked sluggish when he goes to the third.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's time to re-book that Zabit v Yair fight

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
Fuck yeah Zabit.

Ortega? I just can't see that. Zabit may be just as dangerous with submissions and he is a far more fluid striker. I think that's the match to make actually.

He has no power, Ortega KO'd Edgar. If it gets into a striking match I think Ortega TKO's him by R3. Only reason Stephens couldn't is because of the reach.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm hoping Woodly wants to make a point and beats the shit out of Usman.

Woodley has like a tenth of the gas tank of Usman but 10 times the power and explosiveness. Usman is not a real KO or sub threat either. I think it would make tactical sense for Woodley to try and get a quick finish.

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why would you be scared to meet any of these guys, they aren't going to kick your arse for no reason.

Masoyama

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Who gives these guys their nickname? They are straight up trash.

Oh man that is a whole discussion. Traditionally it has been the camp that does. Coaches and team-mates start calling people by nicknames and then you fight under that. It then started moving into promotional nicknames. Like Floyd changing his nick name from Pretty Boy Floyd to Money Mayweather. Then you have Rory, changing his nickname every few fights and always to something really cringy.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Lol I didn't see the weigh ins. Usman gave Woodley the ocular patdown.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
Woodley has like a tenth of the gas tank of Usman but 10 times the power and explosiveness. Usman is not a real KO or sub threat either. I think it would make tactical sense for Woodley to try and get a quick finish.

I'm really worried about Usman grinding out a boring decision win if this goes past R3 and Woodley can't put him away.

That said, Woodley was able to nearly knock out Wonderboy and basically knocked out Till, so I just don't see how Usman is able to avoid that bomb. And Woodley's big moment against Wonderboy was in R5, so his gas tank is good enough to still have power even in the end.

Masoyama

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm really worried about Usman grinding out a boring decision win if this goes past R3 and Woodley can't put him away.

That said, Woodley was able to nearly knock out Wonderboy and basically knocked out Till, so I just don't see how Usman is able to avoid that bomb. And Woodley's big moment against Wonderboy was in R5, so his gas tank is good enough to still have power even in the end.

If Usman is actually able to wrestle Woodley, I would be super impressed. I would not even be mad if the fight is boring, just watching it would be kind of amazing.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
If Usman is actually able to wrestle Woodley, I would be super impressed. I would not even be mad if the fight is boring, just watching it would be kind of amazing.

If Usman is actually able to wrestle Woodley and take him down, he deserves to win. Woodley has the best TDD of anyone in the sport.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping Woodley is in not give a fuck mode and just comes out aggressive as hell. When he does that he's a monster

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
War No Love

Not a smart dude, and you can see it when he fights. But my god is he exciting

Masoyama

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Always good to remember how cool Cody is

As much as Cody is a dumbass, apparently this was like an inside joke he has running with an uncle of his and it just landed like a rock on the show thanks to the editing and no one knowing it was supposed to be a joke.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Friendly Cody is the most dangerous form of Cody

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Cody wins, first thing he should say on the mic is "HANGING WITH THE BOIZZZZZZ"