• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
Ubisoft and Epic will partner on more titles going forward, although The Division 2 is the only one having been revealed, with more to be announced "during the coming year," the announcement read.

Epic's CEO Tim Sweeney commented: "As long-time fans and partners of Ubisoft, we're thrilled to bring a range of awesome Ubisoft games to the Epic Games store. We aim to provide the most publisher-friendly store, providing direct access to customers and an 88 per cent revenue split, enabling game creators to further reinvest in building great games."

Ubisoft's VP of partnerships Chris Early added: "We entrust Epic to deliver a smooth journey for our fans, from preordering the game and enjoying our Beta to the launch of Tom Clancy's The Division 2 on March 15. Epic continues to disrupt the video game industry, and their third party digital distribution model is the latest example, and something Ubisoft wants to support."

MCVK
Skull & Bones? Far Cry 5 New Dawn?

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Jul 18, 2018
I wonder if any of the games will be free on their store?
Without that Epic partnership, i probably would have never gotten the chance to play Subnautica, and now i'm hooked. Definitely going to buy their seque now

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wonder what kind of deal Ubisoft and Epic reached? I don't think that sacrificing exposure just to get a better revenue from an storefront seems like a very Smart Idea by how Ubisoft operates, unless their intention was to merely put pressure on Valve

Oct 26, 2017
Given that Ubisoft was always quite agnostic as to where they sold their games, this move is truly something.
For end users it might be just easier to go straight to Uplay to avoid the Epic Store.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Epic is buying their way to domination. Is there word on if you buy through the epic store you'll still need to open up Uplay and use that in conjunction with it?

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe behind closed doors Ubisoft is demanding Valve release HL3 in order for their games to return to steam.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Dammit

It's gonna suck not having AC games in the future on Steam

Gonna have to buy Uplay keys now l0l

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I hope it means it'll release on both Steam and Epic, but that probably won't be the case sadly

Deleted member 3294

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes. It will work the same way as Steam now I believe.
If there's one benefit Epic has over Steam (EDIT: for consumers anyway) it's that the games on their store only actually require the launcher to download the games. The launcher doesn't actually need to be used to launch the games. Technically it's possible for developers to do this with Steam as well, but generally they use Steamworks as DRM.

MillionIII

Banned
Sep 11, 2018
For every year valve is not releasing a new single player game I'll buy something on the epic store. that will teach em.

Koz

Sep 5, 2018
If there's one benefit Epic has over Steam it's that the games on their store only actually require the launcher to download the games. The launcher doesn't actually need to be used to launch the games. Technically it's possible for developers to do this with Steam as well, but generally they use Steamworks as DRM.
True, though as KillLaCam pointed out above you can just buy it on UPlay and avoid the issue altogether (which is what I'll be doing).