• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Tom Clancy the most Apolitical Shooter. Promise!

Led by sexual harassers from Ubisoft.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
im so over the tom clancy shit its unreal

and i enjoyed wildlands and the first division a lot

Last edited:

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
I see people saying it will be a mobile game. Any truth to that? The gameplay looks decent enough for a download.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Well that's it for me. Not getting another Ubisoft game. Another MP shooter in a red ocean of MP shooters. Nothing new.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Tom "Not into politics or an author writing about Politics" Clancy's : Happy Fun Rainbow Room

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to play Call of Duty as my favorite.... Tom Clancy character.

Ding Chavez better be playable or they fucked up.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
Tom Clancy's Anything but Splinter Cell: Esports Edition.

Edit: are they gonna use his name forever?

Last edited:

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I don't understand how are they still allowed to use the name of a dead writer in their games. I thought it was going to happen eventually the same that happened with Codemasters and Colin McRae.
His estate will be continuing to maintain the contract with Ubisoft I would assume.
It's not as if they do a bad job with the various games they've made over the last 25 years

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like another COD. Wish these guys went after a Battlefield clone especially with how they have fuckin ghost recon.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
In a market already over saturated with FPS games, they want to make another one?

Splinter Cell would be such a breath of fresh air in this landscape. It's really sad to see them make this choice.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
remember when Tom Clancy games meant something? yeah......it kinda hurts doesn't it

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
Looks like another COD. Wish these guys went after a Battlefield clone especially with how they have fuckin ghost recon.
That would be monumental considering the tech behind FB, DICE's experience, and the scale of the game. There are not really any non-COD, COD style shooters on the market that really come to mind besides Warface which fell off.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I'll give it a fair shake. The FPS arena genre is looking a little bleak right now. Always nice to see new ones come out. I wonder if it will be f2p

ShapeDePapa

Oct 25, 2017
Gunplay doesn't look too bad? I'm kinda interested. With this year COD going WW2, which I have zero interest in, this could fill a gap that BF2042 won't fill.

SkoomaBlade

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
What makes a certain game a "Tom Clancy" one?
Basically anything set a in loosely connected universe that was set up in the "original" Tom Clancy games like Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six, and Splinter Cell. I think it was Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon 2, and GRAW that really cemented the Tom Clancyverse if you will.

Any games loosely connected to the lore gets slapped with the TC brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.