• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I saw it this morning, it's just Spain's community manager posting a picture and a quote from Conviction.

If this was something, it would have been in other accounts as well.

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
Judging by their twitter, they just seem to make a lot of one off Ubi-property themed posts.

OGlol

Jun 4, 2018
It'll probably just turn out as Sam Fisher playable in Watch Dogs 3 or something

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
I cant even get excited about these things anymore, we've seen it to much with nothing coming from it. Not to mention it'll probably be an open world looter shooter fake rpg.

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
When will everyone learn that the people managing twitter (spanish one at that) are not the ones making any decisions? Besides these sort of twitter quote+artwork posts happen all the time.

Oct 27, 2017
I can't take this shit. First the Wildlands crossover with Ironside back, then the Walmart leak and no-show, then the tweets, then the "JK not really" tweets, now this.

Quit fucking with me.

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
CMs know as little as aus, and since it was only in one twitter i doesn't mean jack fish.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
giphy.gif

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Honestly just save Splinter Cell for some eye melting ray tracing madness next gen.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Next up: Developers farts sound eerily similar to Sam Fisher's night vision goggle sound. Coincidence?

Oct 27, 2017
65 year old Sam Fisher reporting for duty

I've always liked that he ages in real time, but certain things are going to be a lot harder to explain now. The logical conclusion is he'll take the Lambert role as director and a new operative will take his place. That's actually what they should've done for Blacklist, but that was before it came out that Ironside was battling cancer.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I've always liked that he ages in real time, but certain things are going to be a lot harder to explain now. The logical conclusion is he'll take the Lambert role as director and a new operative will take his place. That's actually what they should've done for Blacklist, but that was before it came out that Ironside was battling cancer.
i thought he looked older in double agent than in conviction and black list he looked like hes in his 30s

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't one of the well sourced people here say there is nothing coming for Splinter Cell as for now?

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
i thought he looked older in double agent than in conviction and black list he looked like hes in his 30s

True, but canonically he was in fact oldest in Blacklist which is odd based on his look. They even referenced his age I think, since his daughter is like early 20s. They sounded like brother and sister though.

He looks his proper age in the Ghost Recon Wildlands crossover, complete with big gray beard.

Dogenzaka

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 20, 2019
I'm getting blue balls with this Splinter Cell teasing that keeps amounting to nothing.

Mar 25, 2019
Yeah this doesn't mean anything, but considering Ubisofts major pivot in the wake of disappointing GR and D2 sales maybe they'll revisit Splinter Cell? Oddly enough I have more hope now for that property returning in some form than ever

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like they keep teasing this and it never means anything. At first I was excited, now I'm just annoyed.

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
People need to realize if this series comes back, it will be nothing like it used to be. Not until Ubi gets off their live service/open-world horse.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
"Its the largest game world we've ever created where every week there will be new challenges to complete and new gear to earn to help you stand out against other agents".

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Feels like they're taking the piss now.

Still though, I'd hate to see the only surviving tactical stealth action game franchise be turned into a live service zombie so I honestly can't say I'm frustrated.