• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kupo Kupopo

Jul 6, 2019
5 big games over 6+ months? around that time of year? good luck, ubi, because owing to this compressed release schedule, there will likely be some otherwise unnecessary failures...

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
It's definitely watch dogs that would get released in September. We know the most about it and it was going to release next month.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
If they're all open world games they're going to cannibalize each other. So hopefully they're not all open world games.

alstrike

Banned
Aug 27, 2018
AC
Watch Dogs Legion
Gods & Monsters
Rainbow Six
Prince of Persia/Splinter Cell (hail Mary I know)

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Any hints on what the setting will be?

Sure.

Think....Lousiana

Think about saving Zoo animals.

Think about jet packs tied to double jump..

Think about having ultimate abilities tied to both triggers pressed at once.

Think about Alligators and Crocodiles

Think about Dante...but not the one you think.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
For the sake of my Fantasy Critic league, I really hope AC is not one of the 2021 games :(

Oct 24, 2019
Sure.

Think....Lousiana

Think about saving Zoo animals.

Think about jet packs tied to double jump..

Think about having ultimate abilities tied to both triggers pressed at once.

Think about Alligators and Crocodiles

Think about Dante...but not the one you think.
be4.36628

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
Despite their open world games getting some stick for being samey,I'm not gonna lie I'm looking forward to Assassin's Creed Vikings,a Watch Dogs set in London and a new Far Cry if they can continue with the more organic nature of Far Cry 5 as that one felt less copy and pasted than 3 and 4.

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
Techland owns the Call of Juarez IP. Ubi only has publishing rights to the Cartel, but since then Techland released Gunslinger. I doubt we'll ever see Ubi touching that IP again.

Although we didn't get too many details on the publishing dispute between them over Gunslinger, yeah I doubt it'll happen. All the same I'm hoping they do more than a modern Far Cry in a different region. The series needs to feel and look fresh, though I won't hold my breath over it after they milked it so much since 3 came out

Oct 24, 2019

Don't worry there's always the period after March 2021!

I mean honestly once we get there, we'll have just had a Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed, Rainbow Six, and Far Cry all in quick succession, so those franchises won't be ready again for another couple years.

Of the their remaining big franchises, we're left with stuff like Splinter Cell, Prince of Persia, Rayman, South Park, and probably some stuff I'm forgetting. I bet we'll see at least a couple of those in 2021-2022

Dabi3

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm all-in on R6 Quarantine. Presenter said something to the effect of Quarantine being to the PvE space what Siege is to the PvP space.

Oct 24, 2019
I dunno what to expect from that

I'm guessing it'll be pretty similar to Far Cry 5.

We know the location will be somewhere realistic, so I would guess an arid location somewhere, perhaps in the Australian outback or Middle East.

What I'm really curious about is what the next spinoff game will be.. we've had 80s cyberpunk action movie, cavemen, and nuclear post-apocalypse. Wonder what's next?

Hopefully something horror themed! Like something in the vein of Van Helsing where the factions are werewolves and vampires and your weapons consists of crossbows, stakes, revolvers with silver bullets, etc.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ubisoft really needed a game to release in the first half of 2020. The delays are really unfortunate.

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
A reminder that we know pretty much nothing about Rainbow Six: Quarantine. Ubi's thrown their weight behind Siege the last few years but the Outbreak event that was clearly a test-bed for Quarantine didn't set the world alight. I've no doubt it's been pushed to 2021, if it doesn't get outright cancelled.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Ubisoft really needed a game to release in the first half of 2020. The delays are really unfortunate.

For investors, but it's a good thing for the games overall. It was clear that Breakpoint needed more time in the oven, so it's nice that UBI is finally letting that happen with their other projects. The very fact that every single game they had scheduled for early in the year got delayed is really telling.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing it'll be pretty similar to Far Cry 5.

We know the location will be somewhere realistic, so I would guess an arid location somewhere, perhaps in the Australian outback or Middle East.

What I'm really curious about is what the next spinoff game will be.. we've had 80s cyberpunk action movie, cavemen, and nuclear post-apocalypse. Wonder what's next?

Hopefully something horror themed! Like something in the vein of Van Helsing where the factions are werewolves and vampires and your weapons consists of crossbows, stakes, revolvers with silver bullets, etc.

Based on how FC5 ended, I don't know if it's still going to be in a "post-apocalypse" since the games since 3 happen in the same world or if it's going to be a "reboot". They might double down on those RPG mechanics they tried introducing in New Dawn, but I'm not sure since there was a pretty heavy pushback against it and in Breakpoint.

Oct 24, 2019
Based on how FC5 ended, I don't know if it's still going to be in a "post-apocalypse" since the games since 3 happen in the same world or if it's going to be a "reboot". They might double down on those RPG mechanics they tried introducing in New Dawn, but I'm not sure since there was a pretty heavy pushback against it and in Breakpoint.

is it confirmed they're all in the same world? I know Hurk appears everywhere, but that's more of an Easter egg since he's even in Primal lol

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
lol@ "they will cannibalize each other!"

Ubisoft doesnĀ“t give a shit, their games are discounted two weeks after release anyways. they also donĀ“t care how many games of those you play as long as you play one.

also, they will be getting big next gen sales in because people will be starved for games on the new consoles anyways.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't worry there's always the period after March 2021!

I mean honestly once we get there, we'll have just had a Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed, Rainbow Six, and Far Cry all in quick succession, so those franchises won't be ready again for another couple years.

Of the their remaining big franchises, we're left with stuff like Splinter Cell, Prince of Persia, Rayman, South Park, and probably some stuff I'm forgetting. I bet we'll see at least a couple of those in 2021-2022

i would be very (pleasantly) surprised if they made another rayman game for consoles

Oct 24, 2019
Screencap my post and wait until its shown i guess lol

Ok, I'll choose to believe you for now.. in that case I better milk you for all your worth ;)

Heard anything pertaining to South Park 3 or an AC 1 remake?

Yep. Bring me back to a tropical island. Far Cry 3 was amazing.

no thanks, a total retread of 3 so soon would be very boring. Going back to America again would also be somewhat boring, but at least the Bayou would be a biome that we haven't seen before.

Personally I think it's time to go somewhere super arid (we haven't seen any deserts since Far Cry 2, and even that was more rainforest/savannah) or into the Amazon

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Banned
May 25, 2018
Ok, I'll choose to believe you for now.. in that case I better milk you for all your worth ;)

Heard anything pertaining to South Park 3 or an AC 1 remake?

no thanks, a total retread of 3 so soon would be very boring. Going back to America again would also be somewhat boring, but at least the Bayou would be a biome that we haven't seen before.

Personally I think it's time to go somewhere super arid (we haven't seen any deserts since Far Cry 2, and even that was more rainforest/savannah) or into the Amazon
Tropical islands are so beautiful. Idc if it's been done before. With the next gen consoles it would look super fucking stunning.