• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Actually, the second Watch Dogs didn't release in the Fall.
Yes it did. Watch Dogs 2 released in November, which is a similar timeframe to when AC usually releases. Funnily enough, a quick search reminded me that Watch Dogs 1 actually didn't release in the fall. Apparently that was a May game

Alexious

Executive Editor for Games at Wccftech
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Yes it did. Watch Dogs 2 released in November, which is a similar timeframe to when AC usually releases. Funnily enough, a quick search reminded me that Watch Dogs 1 actually didn't release in the fall. Apparently that was a May game

Ha, must have misremembered. I did recall one of them didn't release in the Fall.

As to Avatar, I wouldn't expect it until late 2021 or something like that.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
i think I've heard the five AAA games and 3 we already know of announcement every quarter since e3 2019

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Man last gen I was all over AC,

Now the thoughts of playing another gives me gag reflex especially playing Odyssey and Origins back to back

Curious about watch dogs London though

OP
OP
modiz

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I saw rumours some time ago that the next AC game will be viking themed. Was that confirmed or was it a fake leak?
jason schreier confirmed that
kotaku.com

Odd Tease In The Division 2 Spills The Beans On The Next Assassin's Creed

An unusual teaser in Ubisoft’s loot shooter The Division 2, highlighted weeks after the game’s release, reveals that the next Assassin’s Creed game is all about Vikings. Kotaku can independently confirm the same.

A few months before this teaser emerged, Kotaku learned from two independent sources familiar with the game that 2020's Assassin's Creed, code-named Kingdom, does indeed star Vikings. We don't know much else about the game, but after the phenomenal Assassin's Creed Odyssey, we're stoked to see what's coming.

aweedswee

Jan 21, 2020
Greece
jason schreier confirmed that
kotaku.com

Odd Tease In The Division 2 Spills The Beans On The Next Assassin's Creed

An unusual teaser in Ubisoft’s loot shooter The Division 2, highlighted weeks after the game’s release, reveals that the next Assassin’s Creed game is all about Vikings. Kotaku can independently confirm the same.
Thanks. Really excited to see how they will deliver this, after god of war 2018 did such a good job with a scandinavian theme.

aweedswee

Jan 21, 2020
Greece
Really hope they stay away from the mythological stuff. It'll be too many cooks with God of War also doing Norse stuff.

Let Gods & Monsters be their avenue for that kind of thing.
Agreed. AC should take a more realistic/historical approach as it always does. Also, for me Gods and Monsters has potential, really hope they deliver. Greek mythology is such a great material to work with.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
Skull & Bones sounds like its getting axed soon. Development was restarted again last year

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
Really excited at the thought of HD patches, it'll be interesting to see how across the board cross gen games are handled.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If i were to guess...watchdogs, rainbow 6, and assassins creed this fall. Far cry next spring, gods and monsters and beyond good and evil next fall

Oct 24, 2019
Agreed. AC should take a more realistic/historical approach as it always does. Also, for me Gods and Monsters has potential, really hope they deliver. Greek mythology is such a great material to work with.

yep, and it'll have even more potential if they make it an anthology franchise where each game is a new mythology.

Imagine one set in Japan with with that art style! Or Egyptian, Celtic, Chinese, Native American, Mayan, Aztec, Norse, Polynesian etc.

It could be an incredibly beautiful and cool series, especially if they dabble with some of the lesser known mythologies

aweedswee

Jan 21, 2020
Greece
yep, and it'll have even more potential if they make it an anthology franchise where each game is a new mythology.

Imagine one set in Japan with with that art style! Or Egyptian, Celtic, Chinese, Native American, Mayan, Aztec, Norse, Polynesian etc.

It could be an incredibly beautiful and cool series, especially if they dabble with some of the lesser known mythologies
Totally there with you! If done right, it can be the next big series of ubisoft.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The lack of Splinter Cell is depressing. Blacklist was such a fantastic, underappreciated game. If it retained the humor of Chaos Theory it would have been best in the series.

Far Cry deserves to retire instead of SC.

aweedswee

Jan 21, 2020
Greece
The lack of Splinter Cell is depressing. Blacklist was such a fantastic, underappreciated game. If it retained the humor of Chaos Theory it would have been best in the series.

Far Cry deserves to retire instead of SC.
I think Far cry sells too well for ubi to retire it. More like give it a break and revive some other ips. I would be rly excited if they did a new SC or even a new 3D rayman game!

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
Jschreier
Please tell me, in the new far cry is there a real main protagonist or more like far cry 5?

Oct 24, 2019
Hoping one is a Far Cry with Dinosaurs! Fry Cry X Jurassic Park please!

That would be awesome, but that won't be the next Far Cry unfortunately. Every numbered Far Cry has a "realistic" setting like Rook Island, Kyrat, Montana. Their side games between the numbered ones are where they go crazy (80s action movie, cavemen, nuclear post-apocalypse).

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm the only one that matters is Watchdogs or Assassin's Creed. The rest are not noteworthy or interesting (unless we're also speaking of Beyond Good Evil)

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
That would be awesome, but that won't be the next Far Cry unfortunately. Every numbered Far Cry has a "realistic" setting like Rook Island, Kyrat, Montana. Their side games between the numbered ones are where they go crazy (80s action movie, cavemen, nuclear post-apocalypse).

Just my take, but the realistic setting is getting a bit tiresome. Give me a RPG and a T-rex.

Mr.Branding

Banned
May 11, 2018
If they are hoping for Witcher 3 acclaim from the next AC (which they clearly are judging on their last 2 efforts) they better take their sweet time and release it in 21