• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
Cyberpunk is September, Watch Dogs Legion probably is cross-gen and comes out around when the new consoles come out, so November. That's far enough apart.

Kemono

â–² Legend â–²
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh god... who is supposed to play all of these games?

Watch Dogs is send out to die.

And isn't Gods and Monsters supposed to be like Breath of the wild x assassin's creed? This new ip fighting with a brand new Assassin's Creed is downright cruel from ubi.

Nov 28, 2017
For POP at least, they had a reason in AC (still reckon they both can co-exist though), but can't believe we're closing out a gen, without even ONE NEW Splinter Cell title.

I'm going to reinstall and ghost through the OG trilogy and Blacklist again, man. Fuck this shit...

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Oh god... who is supposed to play all of these games?

Watch Dogs is send out to die.

And isn't Gods and Monsters supposed to be like Breath of the wild x assassin's creed? This new ip fighting with a brand new Assassin's Creed is downright cruel from ubi.

We don't know enough about Gods& Monsters yet. It's from the team that did Odyssey, yes, and this could have been the IP that David Gaider worked on while he was with Ubi Quebec for a few years.

if it ends up being a proper mythological action/adventure with monsters everywhere and proper dungeons with puzzles and such, it'll be a very different game from a pseudo-historical Viking RPG that the next AssCreed is rumoured to be.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
That sounds insanely close to each other. There's no way they won't cannibalize each other.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
At this point I would take a Conviction HD Remaster, we DON'T DESERVE THIS TREATMENT.

I'M SAD GODDAMMIT.

Xiao Hu

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Fucking hell, give Far Cry a break. Ubisoft has sooo many other IPs worth revisiting instead of churning out more iterations of the same formula every year...

Oct 24, 2019
A remake, sure. I was referring to a more polished looking "HD" version of the existing game. Games have moved so far beyond that (Even within the AC series) that it would be terrible idea.

Ah yeah totally agree. If they re-release AC 1, it needs to be done properly. Update visuals and animations of course, but they especially need to rework the missions building up to assassinations so it's not just "tail, pickpocket, eavesdrop" etc. over and over. It would also be great if they fleshed out the countryside and added some sub-stories there to bring it more in line with Origins and Odyssey while still retaining the overall spirit and essence of the original

Kalasai

Jan 16, 2018
France
The HD patch is good. Ubi says in an article that the current gen game on next gen will have higher framerate. AC in 60fps I'm in !

Samawati

Sep 15, 2019
I'm still not over the fact that, after all this time, they chose to make their first story-based R6 game a zombie shooter.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
So what will the othe two be... hmm.... tough to call.... very tough...

Aha:

• Game 1 + Eye watering amounts of MTX
  • Game 2 + Eye watering amounts of MTX

Oct 24, 2019
Isn't that mandate just a few months old at this time? Is there enough time to change course mid development?

It seems so. I mean that's why Watch Dogs, Gods & Monsters, etc. were delayed.

They'll still keep the core of the games intact, but they might trim/tweak some things that are too same-y.

For example, if Ubisoft still heavily relied on towers in all their games, they might just tweak a few of the games to remove towers so that they're unique to just AC. Or another example could be that they'll just let the drone mechanic be a Watch Dogs thing rather than shoehorn it into everything else.

IDK, that's my best guess at least. Small changes can help their various IPs feel distinct from each other

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They really need to give Far Cry a break.

Like 4 games in this series came out this generation and they're all not as good as Blood Dragon.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
I don't buy it, they'd be canibalizing their own sales lol
I agree. If I had to guess, they'll try to mitigate that with the following release schedule:
  • October - Watch Dogs Legion
  • November - Assassin's Creed Ragnarok
  • December - Rainbow Six Quarantine (same release month as Rainbow Six Siege)
  • January - Gods and Monsters
  • February/March - Far Cry 6

Where did they say all will be between October and March? I thought the timeframe is between April 2020 and March 2021.
It's the title of this thread?

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
As in doing with most titles...I'll be waiting for that next gen patch for any of their games. I'm ok with creed coming while the new gen has already started.

Looks like For Honor doesn't have a sequel on the way either. Long legs for that title.

Alexious

Executive Editor for Games at Wccftech
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I agree. If I had to guess, they'll try to mitigate that with the following release schedule:
  • October - Watch Dogs Legion
  • November - Assassin's Creed Ragnarok
  • December - Rainbow Six Quarantine (same release month as Rainbow Six Siege)
  • January - Gods and Monsters
  • February/March - Far Cry 6

It's the title of this thread?

I doubt they'd do Watch Dogs Legion and Assassin's Creed Ragnarok back-to-back.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
If Watch Dogs Legion, Assassin's Creed, and Gods and Monsters are all in Q4, one of them will be cannibalized. Probably Gods and Monsters.

Glimpse_Dog

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The cross-gen patching thing sounds interesting and feels like the biggest takeaway here.

Other big point is Assassins Creed and Far Cry early 2021. I was hoping those last 2 would be next gen only but I appreciate the first year wont see many 3rd party next gen exclusives due to large ps4/xbox one install base.

Luke_wal

Oct 25, 2017
What about the Avatar game? Doesn't Avatar 2 come out in December? One of them would have to be that, right?

My understanding from past threads is they've bulked up Massive pretty considerably to have a second team just for this franchise, so they must consider it major.