• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Monkey D.

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Cant wait to play watchdogs 3 for 15 bucks :) and then unsub. Thx game companies for this beautiful invention

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
I like ubi's output but that is too much for this service. Especially compared to game pass

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's pricey for an "all-the-time" subscription but Ubi's games are very, very, very rarely ones that I tend to replay. So I will probably use this to play their newest titles when they come out, like Watch Dogs Legion. For 15 bucks that's not too bad I'd say, because ultimately I really lose nothing other than the hypothetical ability to replay the game, even though I likely never will.

KnightOwl

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I was hoping for a sub service from Ubi but they need to come down on that price per month to at least 9.99. I have other sub services too Ubi...

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
$14.99 to play AC odyssey, origin, Division 2, Watch Dogs 3, new Ghost Recon this is an absolute fucking steal.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
And Stadia as well which might be a bigger deal.
This news is going to get looked over because everyone hates Stadia right now, but honestly, that was the best announcement. For everyone that got pissed that there wasn't a monthly games subscription, you get every Ubisoft game with all of their DLCs. And Stadia is free to use for 1080p. And you can't really complain because if you REALLY hate streaming, this service is available on PC as well.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
If this includes season passes at that price its not a bad price (like EA Premier does) and if linked to stadia will ubis games be playable without buying.

Oct 25, 2017
I really want to know how publishers want to make sustainable business models by giving AAA $60 games for $15 a month.
I want to know if they really think people are going to sub to 3-4 services a month, cause it ain't gonna happen. I'm not going to sub to a single one of them other than Gamepass and I only did that cause it was $96 for two years.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
This service would be awesome if it was cheaper and on console but I guess they don't want to give Microsoft or Sony a share of that revenue.

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
Considering what you get with game pass for $5 cheaper, this was a swing and miss for them. A strikeout when you consider that there wasn't a console equivalent.

Shoot

Oct 25, 2017
I kept on expecting her to mention it coming to PS4 but instead she just said Stadia. 😥

danhz

Apr 20, 2018
Ill pay that
watch dogs 3 + ghost recon breakpoint + gods and monsters for a 15 month?
sure im in

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like something to get for a month for when you want to run through a few games. Definitely not worth maintaining subscription. This is future/present though.

Benjamin1981

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I buy and play a lot of Ubi Soft games. 15 Euros seems fair if it includes new releases. Too bad it is pc only.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Curious if ubi can keep a sustainable audience at 15 a month. I think most people will sub launch month then quit.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe if I subscribe to all of them I can give more money to these corporations...

Sorry Ubi, I like a lot of your games, but no for me.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
No thanks. I'm already struggling with multiple launchers on my PC. Much less one I need to pay for.

Speaking of which, when will the GOG launcher consolidation update come out?

Mirabai

Nov 4, 2017
I think its a great deal - let them release a game, i pay 15€ - finish the game in 1 week an never touch it again. And i dont even have to pay 40-50€ upfront - thats amazing.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Way too expensive. 180 a year is three full games. If I've played all the old Ubisoft games I want to, and I basically have...they have to release four full price games a year or three and something smaller for me to have saved money. I love Ubisoft games and yet I don't think they release four full priced games I want to buy every year. Just not worth it. 10 gets into an arguable zone.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Hope this service hits consoles too, €15 for a month or three a year to play through some meaty Ubi games sounds like a good deal.

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I will probably jump in for a month here and there to play their new releases but $15 is a bit much to be a full time subscriber like I am with Game Pass.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I have all the Ubisoft games from the past and up to the present that I really want, on Uplay, already so this isn't for me. Was thinking of buying Watch Dogs 2 on Sale on PS4 so this really isn't for me. I found out these subscription things weren't for me with EA Origins. Had lots of games, same if I got Gamepass, but I can only play games I want to play. Having them doesn't make me want to play them. Just doesn't work that way for me. I'm out EA Origins, PS Plus and not interested in MS's one and now Ubi's one. Good value if you do find just having games make you want to play them. Tell my backlog to think of it that way.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft already devalued subscription services by taking that massive hit with the $5 trojan horse fee looking at peoples' reactions to the price of the Uplay sub which is kind of crazy you can play all their games + new ones with all the DLC for less than half the cost of a new game per month.

I personally don't really like the majority of Ubisoft games but still see the massive value in this service.

Kinda scary to see how the industry will change once subscription models dwarf typical retail and digital game sales.

Eternalgamer

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Dear publishers,

you are not worth a monthly subscription
I don't know. I like this better than renting or flipping used games.

I'm not planning on keeping a Ubi+ sub all year, but tossing them $15 on a month when they have a game I want to play? I prefer that to paying $60 for a game that I will only play for few weeks and then forget about.

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
32ee7c6c0ae9f9fec07ca12667788cae.jpg

This will be a most useful meme

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Their games end up so deeply discounted within months that I think I would buy all of their games in a year for way less than $180 a year.
Not including all DLC and future DLC, but at least you can play the games for as long as you want. I actually hope PC people refuse all these subscription services like they did Xbox Live Gold fee for multiplayer.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
This news is going to get looked over because everyone hates Stadia right now, but honestly, that was the best announcement. For everyone that got pissed that there wasn't a monthly games subscription, you get every Ubisoft game with all of their DLCs. And Stadia is free to use for 1080p. And you can't really complain because if you REALLY hate streaming, this service is available on PC as well.
They need to convert the games to Stadia so it will unlikely be the full collection.

Hope they convert enough to make it worthwhile