• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017
I can't say I am surprised
Yeah on the pc, epic bought exclusivity for a bit so it was exclusive to egs and uplay.
Fair enough, don't think that was the difference in them not meeting expectations.

well, then they misread the reason division1 sold earlier in the gen.... they didn't had the "wow nextgen" factor with div2 and the first game was average.

they need better data analysis.

Your not in correct in your analysis imo. It think Destiny experienced the same thing hence Activision cutting there losses.

greelay

Oct 26, 2017
I got tired of the game's endgame loot pretty quick and dropped it faster than Division 1.
Yeah, you just reach 500 gear score so quickly and they haven't raised it. The post game just recycles itself and it becomes stale. And when I occasionally turn the game on to do the dailies, sometimes they are locked until you complete the prerequisite missions even if you have beaten them a half dozen times before.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
As expected. Compared to Division 1 i saw nobody really play it in my friendslist. Where with Division 1 my whole Destiny group all played Division 1. Not for long tho.
Still think the game is limited in realism for a looter shooter. And in the end thats get pretty boring.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bought it. Played 3h. Stopped. And I loved division 1. I need to stop buying game like this

Arih

Jan 19, 2018
Stop making every game a live service game

Consumers only have so much time in the day
This right here. I'm thinking about dropping Destiny because of this and that FOMO. I dont like that FOMO, yeah i could just not care but it is in me TO care.
And the game keeps "asking me" to play more and more and i have less and less time every year.

As for Division 2... It didn't grab me. And it happened to a lot of people as well. I can't pinpoint why but after like 40 hours i was like "ok i've done everything".

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
C'est la vie.
Was bound to happen one day or another in the crowded AAA GaaS market, and this time it's hitting Ubisoft.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
That sucks because it was awesome, a total improvement on the first in every way. It was like the opposite of Destiny 2, it actually came out of the gate swinging strong instead of feeling like a regression before the last expansion pack.
If Destiny has taught the industry anything (and it seems no one is learning) its not how you start, its how you stabilize, and condition your content and audience and finish.

Dec 28, 2017
I played hundreds of hours and is no surprise that this game was bad. One of the biggest mistake made was cutting dark zone from one main region in D1 to 3 small regions in D2. End game content was missing. On the bright side the game looks phenomenal.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly, I think people have gotten tired with how generic and samey all the Ubisoft offerings started to feel.
The same open world stuff in every game. Same blueprint. The games feel like work.

I just want a singleplayer linear Prince of Persia with personality and charm and you have my money.
They definitely haven't. Ubi overall are killing it

Oct 27, 2017
I think 'live service' games like this are going to go through a market contraction soon (if they aren't already after this and Anthem). There are only so many customers, and each customer only has so much time. Why buy a new live service game when I'm already invested so much into a different game? Reminds me a lot of all of the MMOs that came out after WoW's success. The market just can't support that many games that require high time investments from consumers.

Foxtastical

Oct 27, 2017
Stop making every game a live service game

Consumers only have so much time in the day
I'm totally feeling this way nowadays. I really liked the Division 2, but when I got to the "endgame," it was like fuck. There's just so much in these games and they're constantly adding and pushing back what it means to beat the game. I have a career and family damnit, haha.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
GaaS market getting crowded. You have to be real particular with which of these games to pick up because you can't play them all.

For what it's worth I did enjoy it as a one time play-through with my buddy but we spent 40 hours total on the game and completely skipped whole parts of it like Dark Zone and PvP.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Division 1 was the last time i was fooled into buying one of their trash as open world games. Nice to see them fail.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The GaaS bubble is popping.

There just isn't enough room in this industry for 10 new GaaS every year. There's only so much playtime to go around.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Results of what happens when industry focuses on GaaS type of games

You can only do so much when there's so many out there

Braag

Nov 7, 2017
I feel like most Ubisoft titles are live service games with a strong multiplayer focus these days. So in a way their games are fighting for the same crowd of gamers who are interested in those type of games. And I doubt most of those people play more than 2 or 3 live service games at a time since they require you to be actively playing the game almost daily.
There's bound to be unsuccessful titles considering all that.

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Having never-ending, weekly content loot games is exhausting for me overall. I can handle 1 or so game like that before I feel overwhelmed and even then it depends on my schedule.

Deleted member 388

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, at least we got this out of it.

I really liked the game but the end game updates trickled in too slowly. I also haven't felt like putting in more than 60 hours into a game for about the last 5 years.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
The GaaS bubble is popping.

There just isn't enough room in this industry for 10 new GaaS every year. There's only so much playtime to go around.

It has to eventually.

I loved D1 but bounced off of D2 before I could even finish the campaign. I eventually did finish it and played around through like two world tiers before I dropped it permanently. It's just too samey after D1 and the setting doesn't allow for anything interesting. You're still just finding higher number M4s.

Honestly, I mostly forgot this game ever even came out.

wombleac

Nov 8, 2017
That sucks, I loved both games. I really hope we still get a 3rd Division.

Last edited:

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
I played hundreds of hours and is no surprise that this game was bad. One of the biggest mistake made was cutting dark zone from one main region in D1 to 3 small regions in D2. End game content was missing. On the bright side the game looks phenomenal.

I just bought it for 20 dollars, and while I haven't finished the main campaign yet, it really is just more of the same without the incredible NY setting. I'm sorry, but Washington D.C. does nothing for me the more I play. I was playing it with a cousin and he dropped the game very fast stating something was off about this sequel and it was probably not done by the same original team.

On a positive note, it does look spectacular and you can tell they've really poured a lot of time into side-mission "dungeons''. They look incredibly detailed and that's a big step up from the first game.

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hardly a surprise. It's been available heavily discounted since shortly after launch.

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
The Raid released far too late
For me it wasn't only that. Division 2 was released with less content than its predecessor, what felt like a smaller map and almost no reason to stay invested until new DLC drops.

I strongly dislike these game sequels which launch in a worse state than before (eg. Battlefront 2, Destiny 2, Division 2). Some titles can be fixed and still be successful later on but due to every game being GaaS nowadays they're better off not releasing a third game but using these games as a platform for the next years. Basically: make glorified MMOs.

Deleted member 8784

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The thing with these games is that the issue isn't even money - it's the issue that these games ask for more hours than people have to give them. These games require way, way too much time.

I can get a much more fulfilling game for a third of the time commitment that these games expect me to give then.

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
Game switched up to much and got rid of the good foundation they had at the end of Division 1. Now they been struggling to get back to that.

Games been bleeding players and they haven't been able to bring many back.

Wouldn't be surprised if the franchise died here but maybe Ubisoft will allow a 3rd one idk

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
Game switched up to much and got rid of the good foundation they had at the end of Division 1. Now they been struggling to get back to that.

Games been bleeding players and they haven't been able to bring many back.

Wouldn't be surprised if the franchise died here but maybe Ubisoft will allow a 3rd one idk

TU6 got some players back, but for the players who are looking into more content, they should look elsewhere

JG_Lionheart

Dec 3, 2018
IMHO why did they not continue building on Div1 instead of launching a sequel. Should've learned that from Destiny 2.

Gunship

Oct 28, 2017
Playing the division is like having a second job

THIS. The actual gameplay was pretty decent, but the inventory management and grinding was too much. Every time going back to it felt like a chore, like tidying up the garage or mowing a massive lawn. I found myself just sighing when I booted it up and realising I had no inventory space left, then having to sort through everything. Boring, stressful, and endless. Like a really shitty menial job.

Just make it a linear shooter. Would have been amazing.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
I got the gold edition and have hardly played it despite having looked forward to it. It turned me off quickly because it didn't feel well suited to being played alone which I wanted to do at first. I grew frustrated and by now I know firmly I don't want these overwhelming "2nd job games" anymore in my life.