• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Quoting my earlier post:

I imagine Ubisoft Support has no idea what it's talking about.

The trailer says: "4K Ultra HD on Xbox One X and Series X only."

Ubisoft Support says: " As stated on the banner, Far Cry 6 is 4K Ultra HD on Xbox One and Xbox Series X only. "

There's already a discrepancy there as the trailer clarifies Xbox One X specifically.

The way I see it, "4K Ultra HD" sounds like a Microsoft branding thing and the legal text is a reference to Xbox One S not supporting 4K.

Anyway, I'm only assuming and don't actually have any idea what I'm talking about, so I emailed Ubisoft to get a definitive statement. I'll update if I get a response.

Dec 23, 2017
I could care less about the console war and stupid stuff like that. Am I reading this correct to suggest a manufacturer might be paying for resolution exclusivities? I mean ps5 can hit that target right?

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
This feels like a UbisoftSupport worker who doesn't quite understand how this works.

As others are pointing out, those are MS disclaimers so that One S users don't think that they're suddenly getting a 4k output from their console because of those Xbox 4k UHD logos on the box/ads. It's nothing to do with other platforms.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Should be noted that it's the Xbox One X that has the 4K and not just the Xbox One that the title may make it seem like.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Pro tip. Dont ever trust support twitter accounts on these kind of things. They most of the times have no clue what you are asking.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
bingewatch-1584333197.gif

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
If it's gonna run at 4K on the Series X and the One X, I don't think there's going to be any issues with the PS5 version. I think there's just some poor wording here. No chance in hell they're locking in exclusive resolutions.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
We already had this thread, and plenty pointed out this is Xbox specific marketing speak to differentiate the old Xbox versions to the Series X. Has nothing to do with PS5/PC versions.

Matush

Oct 25, 2017
Slovakia
Sure Ubi, I mean game is more than 6 months away, so I highly doubt that they even know final resolutions now...

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't read much into this. Probably just talking about the game in relation to the Xbox platform.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking YIKES! And in a world with a PC port, this most certainly is not true. But if console resolutions are now "exclusive" features - not like this.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Far Cry has no marketing deal with Xbox so...

This is 4K only on Xbox One X and Series X, not on Xbox One S.

People running support accounts are not reliable at all

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
That's just the legal stuff that publishers add for Microsoft at the end of all advertisements, it has nothing to do with Sony or other platforms.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Either way this is either Ubisoft Support not knowing what they are talking about.

Or Ubisoft has lost it's damn mind.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
These are Xbox disclaimers about Xbox hardware models.

If a better source than UbisoftSupport comes out that Microsoft somehow has the exclusive on 4K UHD then a new thread can be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.