• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheBored23

Aug 10, 2018
Someone posted a WD3 leak on 4chan. It seems mostly real, except the no guns thing. Either they "listened to the fans" or this is someone's wishlist for a game.
I am really on board if this is true; I think having the option to blow your way through the game was both out of character and distracted from the distraction mechanics.

Oct 25, 2017
I would love a Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 3
I'd kill for that.
I'd even take it if Ubisoft just threw Siege's engine to a different team and told them to make Vegas 3(or the spiritual successor)
Hell I'd accept it without original multiplayer and just packed with Siege.

Can't believe that game is 13 years old.

OP
OP
SageShinigami

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I am really on board if this is true; I think having the option to blow your way through the game was both out of character and distracted from the distraction mechanics.

Eh. I think ya'll need to learn how to use the tools how you'd like them to be used instead of worrying about how other people are enjoying the game.

Whatever WD3 turns out to be I still better be able to attack random npcs and run people over.

If there's cars you'll be able to run people over, I'm sure.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
if they all like FC new dawn then they can keep em. Not trying to play that mediocre reskin.
Far Cry 5 ended on a cliffhanger that Ubisoft always intended to resolve. As far as I can tell, New Dawn began development once they'd figured out what the ending was going to be.

Remember FEAR: Extraction Point?
FEARxp_boxart.jpg

FEAR ended on a cliffhanger. The nuke goes off, and the helicopter crashes. Extraction Point was developed by another studio, TimeGate, and continued the story. Some regard it as superior to FEAR 2, the "official" sequel by Monolith. Extraction Point is basically more FEAR. Did you like FEAR? Well, we have more FEAR for you. It has some mechanical refinements such as kicking open doors, a few new enemies, and more importantly it continues a story and further explores characters that the audience cared about.

Extraction Point got mildly positive reviews, often in the 7/10 to 8/10 range. Nobody minded that. Expansion Packs are supposed to complement the original game. It helps if they can be enjoyed without the original game, but generally speaking they are designed for people who loved the original thing and want more of the original thing, but with some improvements.

Gaming culture was different circa 2006. Extraction Point wasn't slammed a "reskin". It looked like FEAR, it played like FEAR. Duh. It's FEAR. The important point was that it kept the story train rolling. "Reskin" has become this buzzword over the past several years. Imagine calling Half-Life 2: Episode 2 a reskin of Half-Life 2. Imagine calling Half-Life: Opposing Force a reskin of Half-Life. Imagine calling Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil a reskin of Doom 3.

Even in the modern gaming scene, though. Imagine getting annoyed that The Witcher 3's expansions are... uh... more The Witcher 3. Blood and Wine? Just a reskin. That's how some people sound when they talk about New Dawn. If Heart of Stone+Blood and Wine had been released as a lower priced standalone expansion would people have slammed the release as a "reskin"? Expansion packs used to be considered totally normal in the PC gaming space. When Half-Life: Opposing Force came out, people didn't say, "What are they thinking releasing a lower priced entry in the Half-Life series a mere 12 months after the original game came out!?" But it seems like they've become confusing to some audiences, possibly because they're much rarer now.

New Dawn exists for two purposes. It exists to conclude the unfinished story of Far Cry 5. It also exists to experiment with new game design ideas that may or may not make their way into future entries in the series. Very few people buy singleplayer story DLC. Some people argue New Dawn should have been SP DLC for FC5, especially since FC5's DLC was lacklustre, but such DLC wouldn't have made an impact. It's the same reason Dishonored: Death of the Outsider was standalone. (And that game attracted a bit of sneering over "recycled level design", because apparently a lot of modern people have never seen an old school expansion in their lives.)

New Dawn is significantly cheaper than its base game, and doesn't pretend to be anything more than a slightly experimental standalone expansion that tells us how the story ends. It beats players over the head with the fact it is Far Cry 5: What Happens Next Edition.

Did you like Far Cry 5? Here's some more Far Cry 5 with feedback-driven tweaks. You didn't like the forced capture mechanic in FC5? Got rid of that. You didn't like the resistance meter system with airplanes buzzing you constantly? Got rid of that. New Dawn is in some ways a bit conservative. It reverses course and ditches some of Far Cry 5's bolder design choices in favor of going back to Far Cry Primal's design ideas.

Nobody minds when someone makes a TV show and then concludes the series with a double length special that wraps up the plot. They don't look at the show and say, "Oh, they're using the same sets, and the same actors; and this is the conclusion to a TV show people loved. What a pathetic reskin."

V23

Oct 27, 2017
They better not release Splinter Cell towards the end of the generation and have it get buried by new gen hype, a la Blacklist.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
They're gonna launch Avatar whenever that first new movie hits and Fox is largely doing the marketing for them by proxy.

Oct 26, 2017
A new Rayman game in 3D for Switch? Perhaps with the support of a famous Nintendo brand like Donkey Kong.

Oh my god this would FUCKING RULE! Get the Mario + Rabbids team and Grant Kirkhope back. They could use the DK DLC as a sort of "bridge" and make a Donkey Kong + Rayman game a pseudo sequel, but of course as a 3D Platformer.

It would give us a 3D Rayman AND a 3D DK all in one and even as far back as the mid 2000's, I wanted to see the Rayman 3 team take on DK. That game from what I saw gave me a real Rare-vibe for some reason.

Deleted member 32615

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
I'll probably say; WD3, Splinter Cell, Skull and Bones and a new IP

BGE2 just seems out of the realm of possibility to me. If it releases between April and March I'll eat a boot

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
is one of them a Splinter Cell that isnt a bloated open world RPG lite with levelgating to encourage you to spend money on mtx?

no?

guess ill pass on all these then

what i would give for a linear splinter cell

Heid

Jan 7, 2018
I always want more new IP but W3 in London or where ever is HOIPE

I'd kill for that.
I'd even take it if Ubisoft just threw Siege's engine to a different team and told them to make Vegas 3(or the spiritual successor)
Hell I'd accept it without original multiplayer and just packed with Siege.
I feel like this is straight up the right thing to do. Just pack in a bunch new maps and characters. Save costs from building/dividing multiplayer and put it all into singleplayer.

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
New IP would be neat!
Ubisoft could go for an open world Cyberpunk game to capitalise on Cyberpunk hype before that game comes out.

OP
OP
SageShinigami

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Should Ubisoft go for cyberpunk in an open world game, it'll be in the game series that's already cyberpunk lite XD

Oct 25, 2017
Was playing Wildlands today and it actually got me wondering,
If Wildlands 2 is the 2020 game if it might try getting into the BR phase.
People asked for it early on in Wildlands 1 but Ubisoft shot it down immediately saying the engine wasn't designed for it, I wonder if they attempt it for 2 with having a further 2 years of development from there.

malik180

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Watch dogs 3 , Splinter Cell and a new Ghost Recon game probably. They will show a new IP for next gen consoles when the time is right. Sci fi game maybe