• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
And in Brazil, every $60 game went from R$250,00 to R$280,00 at PSN.

People saying $70 should be the norm makes me frustrated.

Navid

Oct 26, 2017
Aren't their next-gen games coming this fall all cross-gen titles?

Would be weird to offer a current-gen version of a game for $60 with a free upgrade to next-gen and then go and charge $70 for the strictly next-gen copy...

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Ubisoft right now to try and distract people from their company's problem
giphy.gif
It was a question on the earnings call. Not everything is to distract you guys.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
To the best of my knowledge, Ubisoft isn't making any game for the new consoles that can't be acquired by buying a copy for the current consoles. Subsequently, a price rise would be pointless; everyone would by a PS4/XB1 copy. The real test will be when companies make next gen exclusive games: Resident Evil 8 will likely be the canary in the coal mine.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
In my region the pre-order ubisoft games on PSN are all more expensive than usual.

The usual price is around 60 euro converted, now it's 72.

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
Funny. Meanwhile in my country - Circa 70 euro

Assassin's Creed Valhalla

In Assassins Creed Valhalla, become Eivor, a legendary Viking raider on a quest for glory. Explore Englands Dark Ages as you raid your enemies, grow your settlement, and build your political power. - Lead epic Viking raids against Saxon troops and fortresses. - Dual-wield powerful weapons and...

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Probably because they're still essentially current-gen games with free resolution upgrades. Will be curious to see if they raise prices once they're exclusively developing for next-gen.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why wouldn't it be ? It's the same game higher perf. It's nothing développés for next gen. Take two are too greedy

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Even if these are "cross-gen games" I'll think we'll get actual next-gen game prices like Ratchet and Clank, Miles Morales, etc., once the consoles go up for preorder.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
They can keep their garbage.

Surely that's just going to make it harder to raise issues as your colleagues and yourself could have your earnings affected and make people hostile to the person who brings it up? This would just incentivise pushing things under the rug which is maybe the point...

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dont understand the price hike now that majority of games are sold digitally, the cut they get is much greater then before, and their yield increases the more people go digital.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Asked if Ubisoft plans to follow suit during its first quarter earnings call on Wednesday, CEO Yves Guillemot said the company's "Christmas games", which include Watch Dogs Legion and Assassin's Creed Valhalla, won't come at a premium price.

"For the Christmas games, we plan to come with the same price than the previous generation of consoles and that's what we focus on at the moment," he said.

LOL

They are going to charge $70 after Christmas

¡Hip Hop!

Nov 9, 2017
It would be weird to increase the price of their games after setting the precedent for their first round of next-gen games. I wouldn't put it past them though.

Snake__

Jan 8, 2020
Personally I think everyone should make cross gen games $60 and next gen games $70

I think $70 should be the new ceiling for games, but most games should cost less than that

Last edited:

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Good.

lmao if $70 ends up just being 2K. Between that and forcing people to buy the more expensive edition to get 'cross buy', which nobody else is doing - fuck 2K.

AllBizness

Banned
Mar 22, 2020
Crazy there are a lot of folks on Era that actually root for these corporations to make more money. The fact that people are actually advocating $70 games here is absurd.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
their fall games all cost 72 euros in my region on PSN - normal pricing is 60 eur (converted).
So, if they are planning to go even higher after, then... jesus.

Grimmy11

Oct 28, 2017
I mean it makes sense when they've already said they're cross-buy/Smart Delivery. I think it's only relevant when a company that isn't doing free upgrades/Is next gen only announces its prices.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
Makes sense all their games have a free update. Once games stop being crossgen I can see the price going up though.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, they're already on sale. You'd definitely hope they wouldn't just raise the prices at some point.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
At least there's pressure from the den of rapists to not increase the price of this entertainment product!

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
No, they absolutely shouldn't. Seriously, you're openly prioritising video game economics over human rights? Wtf.

I'm not saying he should buy Ubisoft games. I'm saying we should all care about the prices big publishers set, since others would likely follow suit. How could you misconstrue my point this badly?

There's a reason why Jason's tweet called this 'big news'.

Perfectsil

Nov 8, 2017
San Diego
How can they charge $70 for next gen when current gen is $60 and upgrades for free? NBA 2k21 next gen can sell for $70 because there's no free upgrade unless you buy the $99 edition.

MnM

Alt-Account
Banned
Mar 9, 2020
Leaving money on the table. People were happy to pay for the next gen fee here.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Crazy there are a lot of folks on Era that actually root for these corporations to make more money. The fact that people are actually advocating $70 games here is absurd.

I'm not one to advocate for $70 titles, but it's deeper than that. Choosing a lower base price with rising development costs means a higher chance of dipping into systems that impact game design via microtransactions and DLC.

Personally, I'd prefer a return to smaller-scale games priced between $40 and $60, but to paint everyone who says otherwise as pro-corporation is dishonest.

Oct 27, 2017
• $60 base game
• $50 season pass
• Microtransactions for every decent looking cosmetic
• Expansions/More Season Passes for the support beyond first season

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"This fall..." Probably because their games are cross gen initially.