• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes projects gravitate in directions that don't work out, and sometimes when that happens, they get canceled. Not really fair to judge without knowing the actual story here.

True. I guess just personally I'm happy we don't have another Destiny-like (and I'm one of those suckers who tries all the destiny-like games).

Obviously I don't like that peoples years of work is just scrapped. Wish they could have just retooled it. We don't need less Sci-Fi games. :(

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's a lot of money down the drain. I don't know much about the industry, but 3 years has to hurt.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Probably didn't fit the "Loot"-mechanics template they use for all their games nowadays ...
you are probably late for the news but Ubisoft said in the last few months following the death of Quarantine that they will restructure their games foward, this is the reason all their other games in 2020 have been pushed back to try to make their game better and wont rely as much heavily on microtransaction

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
you are probably late for the news but Ubisoft said in the last few months following the death of Quarantine that they will restructure their games foward, this is the reason all their other games in 2020 have been pushed back to try to make their game better and wont rely as much heavily on microtransaction
I wasn't all that serious, really.
Too bad to see another space game go. We need more space games.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Are they finally leaving the games as service thing behind? I know the creative director for the division tweeted this on a possibility of a story driven single player experience.

I would play the heck out of a game like that, something like TD/I Am Alive mix but with better gameplay. I kept thinking during TD1 that I'd rather be playing a single player game in this vein.

Ananasas

Jul 11, 2018
Very sad news, I am dev too, and had lost a project that I was working over 5 months, it really sucks.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
I'm just glad they kept their jobs. Ubisoft from my understanding treats their employees well

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
This entire team should simply shift over to Beyond Good and Evil 2 and help finish that one. That thing has been in development forever

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah just a canceled new IP by the Watch Dogs team - I heard it was Destiny-like. Lots of big changes at Ubisoft.
I kind of suspected that it might have been a destiny-like game. For a while it seemed like this was the direction everyone is going but after Anthem and the Division 2 not doing so well there's probably some reconsideration

Oct 27, 2017
Florida
They were working on Duck Game weren't they... Then Goose Game came out and stole all their thunder 😡

Sorry to the team. It sucks that your art, design, logic, animation and hard work won't come to fruition this time but you guys will nail it next time.

Spacejaws

"This guy are sick" of the One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Damn hoping it's Skull and Bones. Multiplayer pirate game but wait it's only the shit AC4 ship combat with no boarding parties or exploring mechanics. Literally just coastal death match. Way to miss the fucking mark suits.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
We should have an Ubisoft projects thread to track down what they are working on. They have so many studios, I keep getting them mixed up.

MyGamingDiary

Banned
Jul 30, 2019
This gen has seemed like a real rollercoaster for Ubi.

They seemed to be riding high a couple years ago with AC successfully rebooted, Siege a turnaround surprise, Wildlands taking off, and even surprise hits like Mario Rabbids.

Now, kind of just as quickly, it feels like they're adrift as hell. Curious to see what the plan is moving forward.

Yeah it's kind of alarming... They had two big flops in 2019 with Division 2 and Breakpoint and don't even have a big holiday title. That's a not a good sign at all. I hope their projects for next year do better.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
Wow. Sounds like The Division 2 and Ghost Recon failing really shook things up au UBI.

Hopefully we find out the full details on what they were working about at a later date

Komali

Sep 25, 2018
Very good. Destiny-like new IP sounds like they used their Division Template with a new background. No risks taken basically, but they should know now that these types of games are not well received anymore. The market is saturated.

Bring on the new ideas and I will have hope in Ubisoft again.

Kupo Kupopo

Jul 6, 2019
I would play the heck out of a game like that, something like TD/I Am Alive mix but with better gameplay. I kept thinking during TD1 that I'd rather be playing a single player game in this vein.

imo, division was a great single-player game. interesting story, great gameplay, & loads of lore. & they also released a great book full of even more lore:

TheDivision_NewYorkCollapse-768x576.jpg

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah just a canceled new IP by the Watch Dogs team - I heard it was Destiny-like. Lots of big changes at Ubisoft.

Maybe they've realized that gaas doesnt work if everyone is doing it. People dont have the time or money to follow dozens of gaas titles and the formula doesnt work well for story based games.

Embedded

Oct 27, 2017
Glad no one lost their job. Ubisoft has lots of talented devs and artists. All they need is good direction.

Oct 25, 2017
The tweets on the OP seem to be gone, is there an outlet out there that has an article on what was in the tweets or who spoke on the game?

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Crazy to scrap it after so long, but at least no one was laid off (especially since it's the holidays).

But hasn't Ubisoft been scrambling just a bit ever since Ghost Recon: Breakpoint bombed? I remember talk on the Bombcast that higher ups were demanding a lot of new IP pitches afterwards.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah it's kind of alarming... They had two big flops in 2019 with Division 2 and Breakpoint and don't even have a big holiday title. That's a not a good sign at all. I hope their projects for next year do better.

The division 2 underperformed because of their crazy expectations, it is far away from a flop. Something can be a disappointment and still sell well, like anthem.

It's so clear Legion was their big holiday game and they shuffled breakpoint out early to compensate

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
Have only seen one person mention Rainbow Six Quarantine. It's probably been in the pipeline for about 3 years and I assumed Ubi Mont is doing it.

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
Everytime a GaaS fails or gets cancelled, I wonder what the people behind the Avengers game think. They've probably missed the boat, but can the strength of the IP alone save them?