• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
When Assassin's Creed Valhalla first launched, I was happy to see that it did not include XP boosts among things players could buy with real money. However, a recent update to Valhalla's in-game store has changed that, and players are now able to purchase a multiplier to the XP they earn.

The change adds a "Utility" item to the storefront that costs 1000 Helix credits (the equivalent of $10), and adds a permanent 50-percent boost to the experience players gain across all of their save files. The same bonus can also be bought as part of a 1500 Helix credit ($15) combo that grants a 50-percent boost to both XP and money.

More: https://www.gameinformer.com/2020/12/16/assassins-creed-valhalla-sells-xp-boosts-now

Zoph

Oct 25, 2017
Eh. It's pretty easy to level up this time around, and the grind was dramatically overstated in AC: Odyssey.

Oct 28, 2017
Seems completely unnecessary, it didn't take long for my character to feel very overpowered in Valhalla with very little effort

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Earlier games had this kind of thing as well and I completely ignored them because they're pointless. The games have so much content you'll never be underleveled.

Dany

Oct 29, 2017
seattle
So not necessary. Your power level increases at a steady rate to beat most powerful enemies well before the end of the game

Geode

Oct 27, 2017
Leveling up never felt like an issue in this game. I'm already at PL 400, even if I were interested.

ReginaldXIV

Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
Valhalla is much easier to level in than in Odyssey. Odyssey felt like they balanced the game around you buying boosters a lot of the time.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
I have no idea why you would even need this. With the changes to combat, you can destroy basically any enemy. It isn't like Odyssey where you could do almost nothing to someone 5 levels higher than you. This time around just shoot their critical points and execute them and that is if you can't just assassinate them outright.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
how is this news? is something like this not in every ubi game?

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
You don't need to focus on leveling up in this game half as much as Odyssey. Pretty much every enemy except for the Zealots with big ass shields can be beaten at any Power level.

Devil

Oct 25, 2017
Likely not a coincidence that these are released after they could have been taken into consideration for reviews.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
They're mostly pointless because you level up very fast in Valhalla if you do a little bit of side content. Just a boost for people who want to rush the story, I guess?

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Really unnecessary. I was able to defeat enemies 60 - 100 levels above me with relative ease. The only time I got into trouble was when some slinger (nuisances at best when their level is equal to yours) 150 levels above me almost one-shot me. But then I caught up to him and I almost one-shot him in return, so...

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
This is incredibly pointless in this one. It's stupid easy to to get skill points. They are constantly throwing them at you.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Its an act thats pretty true to ubisoft-y ways of doing things. Not sure why is it surprising. They've used this sort of strategy with their past AC games as well no matter how disgusting it is.

metal

Banned
Nov 26, 2020
Why would this even be a thing? I only engage with maybe half the side content and I was way over leveled by mid game and have more money than I know what to do with.

Mega1X

The Fallen
Jun 4, 2018
Just Curious, Did they say you can Copy your save from PC to Xbox or Vice Versa?

If you use Cheat engine on the PC version and upload that save and download it on xbox would that work??? Just curious :P

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
What overly grindy approach are you referring to? Literally every poster so far has said that leveling up is easy and that purchase isn't needed.

Well, if they are selling it, it's definitely because they think people would rather buy them than play the game. But I can't talk about Vahalla itself as I have not played the game, but Origins definitely fits the bill of my previous post.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Why do we care how people spend their money? These XP boosts aren't needed and if someone want to pay for them, so be it.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The exp system was badly implemented in AC Odyssey, thanks to the constant attack of mercenaries on your same level I never really felt "OP"

BobbeMalle

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Just Curious, Did they say you can Copy your save from PC to Xbox or Vice Versa?

If you use Cheat engine on the PC version and upload that save and download it on xbox would that work??? Just curious :P
I think you can use Ubisoft Connect, use cheat engine and the play the game on Xbox but i need confirmation

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Yeah leveling up isn't grindy at all in Valhalla. The pacing is actually pretty good compared to Origins & Odyssey so...if someone just doesn't have as much time on their hands and wants to spend money, have at it I guess, no skin off my back.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
I actually found myself wishing I was leveling up slower when I was playing this, and I was playing on the highest difficulty setting across the board lol

Abylim

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
Unnecessary, but if some chump wants to pay to boost his exp, what's the harm?

I'm really enjoying the game, and I'm still leveling at a crazy rate.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Well, if they are selling it, it's definitely because they think people would rather buy them than play the game. But I can't talk about Vahalla itself as I have not played the game, but Origins definitely fits the bill of my previous post.
So what? People can spend their time and money how they want to, surely? Again, everyone here is saying it's a non-issue and as you just admitted, you don't know about Valhalla even though you criticized it.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
Feels totally unnecessary. You can easily reach max level long before the end of the game and half way through I just started doing auto allocation as I had the kit I needed

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
i remember exact same reasoning from people for odyssey as well.
defending how its a non issue etc.
It was for me. I routinely entered regions 10+ levels above the recommended level, and I had to bump the difficulty to Hard to keep things interesting. But, people did complain in Odyssey (many of them had probably never played it, but never mind), and obviously Ubi listened to that feedback, as you can see by all the posts in here.

Lnds500

Oct 27, 2017
Oh yes, queue the outrage from people who don't play these games.

1) It was the same with Origins and Odyssey.
2) You practically don't need it if you, you know, play the game.

If the game was making you grind and was gatekeeping content in order to push you into buying this, then people would have a case, but I have played the previous two and they don't.